Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I've tried using GIMP myself and honestly. I couldn't get used to it as I did when I used Photoshop. GIMP is a little....different. Though I still think it came out really well in the end. Hopefully you can get back with Photoshop soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Sucks you're stuck with GIMP, but that still looks decent, dark, and gritty.

I kind of shudder to think how my stuff would be affected if I was stuck with GIMP. I haven't ever used it before, but I think it would really affect the quality of stuff I crank out. :\
    Well, the thing that I found about GIMP, is that it doesn't effect the quality if you place in the effort it takes to make it look good. GIMP takes more work than Photoshop to really make a piece look good. This banner/avatar really only took me about an hour. I just wanted something different than what I was rocking in my avatar/signature.

Thanks for the compliments, though. Good to know I can go so long without doing anything artistic and pick it right back up. I don't know how frequently I'll be cranking out banners and graphics. Or even drawing or writing, but being back on this forum, it's likely to happen sooner than later.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

2. This post has been liked by:

Looks great, Caleb! :D I really like the scratchy patterns you put on it. :D And the colour is awesome. c: And ugh, sorry to hear about GIMP. I use photoshop so often that it would be weird to switch to something else (especially if you were forced to).

This took a couple tries. GIMP kept crashing on me. Did it twice, right at the very end, before it finally decided to cooperate. So I wanted to just get it done. I'm so exhausted because of it.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I wouldn't make graphics if I couldn't use Photoshop. xD Nice work, I'm just thinking the "Fearless" text on the avatar is a little hard to read, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    I wouldn't make graphics if I couldn't use Photoshop. xD Nice work, I'm just thinking the "Fearless" text on the avatar is a little hard to read, though.
    I agree about the text, but the downside of working on GIMP, is that text editing (which I'm notorious for due to Member of the Year.) is next to impossible to do. It's tedious and time consuming. So I went with something basic just to get rid of my silly face as my avatar. I'll probably work on something to match my new banner.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
    I agree about the text, but the downside of working on GIMP, is that text editing (which I'm notorious for due to Member of the Year.) is next to impossible to do. It's tedious and time consuming. So I went with something basic just to get rid of my silly face as my avatar. I'll probably work on something to match my new banner.
    Ah well, best of luck you're able to get Photoshop again soon! xD

Senior Moderator

Awesome stuff fam *badumtiss*

And yea, i hate gimp. Which is why i stick to pixlr express. Pixlr does have Advanced mode akin to Photoshop and Gimp, but i stick to the slicker interface.

Hope you get photoshop back soon tho fam.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post

Ah well, best of luck you're able to get Photoshop again soon! xD
    Thank you, and I dunno how to go about getting photoshop without paying $10 a month. I know $10 a month isn't a lot of money, but I have enough things taking money out of my account on a monthly basis. I'm sure I'll figure something out without doing anything illegal.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Here's a new Avatar/Banner set:

Paired with Jessu
    ~

11. This post has been liked by:

@XaiakuX Wow, those looks sweet! O: I love the grungy style. You have a really cool distinct style.

13. This post has been liked by: