What is your stance on indle gaming? Are you of the opinion that such games are just low budget wastes of time, and as such are merely means of achieving easy money for developers? Or perhaps do you see such games as a means to address issues that mainstream gaming corporations have a difficult time dealing with due to being too big to innovate (or something akin to that)?

I am of the view that there are a lot of shovelware titles that seem to serve little purpose other than attention grabbing and/or easy means of profit. Sure, some games that I would most likely place in such a category that serve as a stepping stone toward a beginning developer's journey to bettering their craft. That said, there are also quite a few triple-A games out there which marketing teams make a lot of noise, give off the vibe of shiny objects & hype, but provide very little but to satisfy the lowest common denominator.

However, there are some indle games out there that do provide a very endearing experience to me inside & outside the immersion process without having to rely on large (and oftentimes bloated & wasted) budgets.

On that note, Nintendo gave quite an extensive list of indie games that will be released for the Switch this year & early next year via their Nindies Showcase Summer 2018. I am particularly looking forward to Into the Breach, which is already out.

Bonus question: how do you feel about Nintendo appealing to Indie fans via above Switch releases (and others for sure to come)?