The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (5/5)
    [Totodile, Male]
    Terry (5/5)
    [Piplup, Male]
    Items: N/A

Amy listened as the others introduced themselves while their pokemon received their physicals and were healed. She tilted her head back and forth and said, "I'm Amy Risa. I'm 18, going on 19. I'm originally from Lumiose City in the Kalos Region. Up and coming fashion designer in the region that specializes in fashion not based in pokemon products. I have a girlfriend who is also a police officer in the region." She sighed and looked down. "I had planned to start my journey with her."

Amy glanced around and spotted the phones, but upon approaching them realized you needed a valid ID to use them. She pulled her Kalos ID out of her pocket and tried to swipe it. "Invalid ID," the screen read. Amy angrily tried to swipe the card again, with no change in the result. She stood defeated, staring at the screen, before slowly putting her ID back into her pocket and making her way back to the group so they could grab something to eat.

Amy had a hard time falling asleep that night. She had let Terry and Hunter out, the two water types becoming acquainted with each other before quickly falling asleep like small tuckered out children. But Amy was restless. Even though Rowan said not to be out past 11, Amy found herself just lingering outside the building. She stayed next to the door, breathing in the crisp cold Sinnoh air. It was such a sharp contrast to Kalos's warm climate, it made her lungs hurt. But not as much as her heart hurt. Tears traced down her cheeks for some unknown period of time. Eventually, she returned to the camp bed and curled up under the covers, hoping sleep would take her.

Amy heard Sophie and Tony rise shortly after the sun rose. She might've gotten some sleep. She wasn't sure. All she knew is that she was tired and needed to fix her makeup. But it was cold, and she did not want to leave the comfort of the covers. Pulling them further over her head, eventually she felt Hunter's spines rubbing against her. She poked out her head and saw the totodile giving her a worried look. "I'm fine," she said in a hoarse voice. Climbing out of bed, she took her bag to the bathroom and redid her makeup to hide whatever traces remained of the previous night's tears. Taking a deep breath, she put on a smile and walked out to the others. She set out some food for Hunter and Terry, then began to eat her cereal. "Morning," she greeted them.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (5/5)

Emperor (5/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Sandgem Town Pokemon Lab
    Time: 8:30am
    Day: 2
    Date: September 7th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Renny, Kinnie, Matthias

Tony and Amy got up not much longer after myself, and began eating breakfast. For the most part, I was somewhat quiet, trying to figure out where next. Rowan asked me to lead the group, and after today, we couldn't rely on his hospitality. After today, we were on our own.

I managed to find a map of Sinnoh on the wall, and locate the two lakes that Rowan mentioned. Lake Valor and Lake Acuity.

Valor was on the eastern side of Sinnoh, with Acuity on the northern side. The northern plains of Sinnoh seemed to be forzen, which meant for us, the easier option would be Valor. To head there first would mean travelling North East to Jubilife City, then East across, through the base of Mt. Coronet. At least I had some sort of plan.

Whilst this was happening, the others got up, and before too long Professor Rowan had returned.

"Trainers!" He called out, "Gather around. I have something for you."

I made my way over to see what he was talking about.

"Usually, getting your paperwork processed would take a couple of days, but I pulled some strings and had it done overnight." Rowan explained, "I have your New Trainer Kits. In them you will find a Pokedex, five Pokeballs, a journal and sketchpad, and your trainer card."

Item Claim: New Trainer Kit
    Name:
    Item Claimed:
    Stats:

Once Rowan was done talking, I approached him to get the new trainer kit.

"How're you feeling leader?"

I could tell it was a joke, but felt sick in my stomach.

"Alright, I think." I replied, "Lake Valor looks closest, so I think we might head east towards there first."

"Sounds like you have it sorted." Rowan replied, "Don't hesitate to call the lab if you need any help. But I think you have a good team with you."

Item Claim
    Item Claimed: New Trainer Kit
    Stats: In Sig

*Approved*

Once everyone had received their kits, we headed off, making our way out to the edge of town with Rowan and Nathan, before Rowan said his parting words.

"So this is it. You know your task. From here, how you go about it is your choice." Rowan explained, "Work well together and it will become all the less difficult. That's the best advice I can give you."

"Also, if you run into Nathan, make the most of him." Rowan explained, "As you saw at the lake, he is a skilled battler and could prove helpful to you."

"Nathan's not coming with us?" I asked.

"The Professor someone of my talents might be more useful elsewhere." Nathan explained, seeming to enjoy the opportunity to brag about it.

"What Nathan was trying to say, is that he has a bit more experience than you guys, and could be useful in situations where less people might be beneficial." Rowan explained, "He is going to be following some other leads whilst you guys are investigating the lakes. One of them is looking for potential places where Mesprit may be hiding after what happened yesterday."

So I was going to be relied on more than I originally thought. S**t.

Rowan said his final goodbye, as Nathan left ahead of us, before we made our way North into Route 202...

The route itself was fairly simple and straight forward. For the most part, it was a single path, that lead towards a city that didn't seem to far away. Close enough that we could make it by lunch time. There were signs nearby advertising a small tournament aimed at beginners, happening later this morning.

Encounters! @AWA1997

A Wild Pokemon Appears!

@Brettles

Nothing happens (Don't worry, this is just RNG and encounters are plentiful!)
    @Desolate Divine

Nothing happens (I rolled the same as Brettles... Like, exactly the same)
    @Noblejanobii

A Wild Pokemon Appears!

@Rival Max

A Wild Pokemon Appears!

@Shruikan
    As you walk through Route 202, you notice something colorful in the grass. As you pick it up, you see it is a voucher for a free limiter berry at the nearest Pokemart.

(Limiter berrys reduce a Pokemon's points allowing them to be controlled when badges do not allow control. Contact me if you need any more information).
    @Suicune's Fire

Nothing happens (You got a 1, so let's just say you trip XD (DnD reference))

I watched as the other trainers noticed Pokemon, and saw that Matthias, the thief I shook down last night, was in the same boat as me. Nothing.

"I guess they just got lucky." I said to him, gesturing to the rest of the group.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (1/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 5/5
    Total Posts: 12

'Tactician,' Kinnie thought after the professor bestowed her with the position. She considered that it fit with her talents and personality rather well. Her father had trained her for such tasks and thinking. However, she had never worked in a team before. The only person she had ever had to account for was herself.

"Wirg!" bleated the grass-type pokemon at her feet as she snapped out of her thoughts. His curled beak gave him an overbite as he stared up at her, eyes as wide as they could be.

Kinnie stared back blankly. This creature looked excited and hopeful, and reminded her of a child. She didn't like children.

She raised the turtwig's poke ball and pointed the button to face him. A momentary look of betrayal crossed his face before his physical form collapsed into red energy and was absorbed by the red and white sphere. She breathed out and clipped the ball onto her belt in its smallest form.

The professor recommended to everyone in the room that they stay at the laboratory, and that they would get a kit full of useful items in the morning. Kinnie never planned on being a trainer of pokemon, but her best bet for survival in a strange land was to accept her circumstances and play along, at least until it outlived its usefulness. The old man also mentioned something about exchanging currency. Kinnie slowly ducked a hand into her pockets, confirming what she already knew: she didn't have money.

She watched as some of the teenagers began to leave. Two of them stayed behind, and before she departed, she heard the camera boy continue chatting about his endeavour to capture everything on film. He seemed obsessed, and she wondered if his obsession would one day cost the group something valuable. This, she reminded herself, was why she couldn't trust anyone.

Shortly after leaving the laboratory, Kinnie spotted the blonde kid being held up by a rather burly looking man. She saw Sophie, the young girl who was appointed the status of team leader, and the redhead, Amy. They both watched as Blondie was held up by the hulking man and threatened. Kinnie's first instinct was to blend into the shadows and not get involved, figuring that the more social group members would intervene. However, she continued to watch, and felt herself well with something inside. It made her lip twitch and her head grow warmer. A scowl began to settle over her face as the two girls laughed at this obviously dangerous situation.

One of the other girls, who had also chosen a turtwig, came upon the scene and expressed her concerns about helping rather than watching, but still nothing was done. Kinnie felt her anger swell, and she pictured what she would do to that man. Her hunting knife, her deft movements, his vulnerable spots...

She flinched as she returned to the present, feeling mild panic set in at her sudden surge of emotion. She never let anger overcome her, or any sort of emotion for that matter. Her mind turned as she wondered if it was because she was tired, or because she had a sudden attachment to the blonde boy. Perhaps the teleportation to another continent had disrupted parts of her brain that she was normally in control of.

It was then that the situation became diffused once the blonde boy was able to talk his way out of it. Kinnie felt a mix of mistrust and apprehension about the two girls - one of which was supposed to be the leader - and reiterated what she already knew: nobody could be trusted to have her back.

She melded with the pedestrians milling about, distancing herself from this so-called 'team.'

--

Kinnie spent the night wandering the small town and mapping it in her head. She entered the thin woods surrounding the town's borders and, bored and hungry, decided to learn a little more about her pokemon. She let out Hannig and the small green pokemon appeared somewhat happy to have been released. Kinnie watched as he snuffled about, running from plant to plant, mewing, jumping, falling, and scrambling upright again. Over the course of the evening she found herself with a tiny smile at the sight of a curious, excited, innocent being. For the first time that day, she felt somewhat relaxed.

When she deduced that it was nearly curfew time, Kinnie recalled her pokemon and headed to the laboratory. She saw some of the others but kept to herself.

--

Item Claim
    Stats: Sig!

Morning came. Breakfast was eaten, free items were given, and the professor established a route for the team to follow. Kinnie was still unsure of the team's structure, and if she even wanted to be a part of it, but again kept her thoughts internal.

The group departed and Kinnie noticed that many of the teenagers had their pokemon out of their poke balls. She wondered if that was standard or unusual. If she was to blend in and be left alone, perhaps she needed to do the same.

She released Hannig.

Just as she did so, she heard unfamiliar sounds. Her eyes locked on to various small creatures cropping up in the tall grass they had been wading through, blocking the paths of some of the teenagers.

"Wiig!" Hannig shouted, some combination of excited or surprised.

Kinnie made a move to follow him when her boot caught on a thick root, and she loosed a squeal before planting into the ground. Her knife came free of her belt and hopped a metre or so away. She knew she was winded when she tried breathing and very little happened, so she remained on the ground for a few seconds longer.

If she had never felt embarrassment before, she had now.

Senior Moderator

Team Status:

Wolverine (5/5) Emperor (5/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Sandgem Town Pokemon Lab

Before Matthias could reply, I heard a thud from the other side of the path, and noticed a Turtiwg looking inquisitively at a knife on the ground, a few feet away from Kinnie, who seemed to have tripped. I made my way over, and picked up the knife, before grabbing Kinnie's hand and helping her up.

"You alright?" I asked as I handed her the knife.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Pokémon: (1/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 5/5
    Total Posts: 13

"You alright?" a voice asked as Kinnie felt a hand grab hers.

She didn't know if the hot sensation clouding her cheeks meant she was blushing, but she tried her best to ignore it as she allowed the help of the hand and got to her feet. A horrible high-pitched crunching sound resonated in her head as she realised she was biting on dirt, which she proceeded to spit out as best she could. She snapped her hand away from Sophie's and brushed her face and clothes, watching various clumps of damp soil skittering onto the ground.

"Yeah," she muttered, swiping the knife and attaching it back to her person. She tried to avoid eye contact with Sophie but mistakenly met her gaze instead. "Wasn't very...tactful."

Senior Moderator

Team Status:

Wolverine (5/5) Emperor (5/5)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 202

"Wasn't very... tactful." Kinnie muttered sounding embarrassed.

"It's fine." I replied, "That root is in a real s**t of a spot. I doubt you're the first to trip on it."

"Nope. She is probably the first." said an unfamiliar voice.

I looked over to see a little further down the path, a young man on a bicycle. He must have seen the whole thing, seeing as he was laughing to himself.

"Hey, don't you have a road to block up somewhere on that girly bike of yours?" I shouted out, annoyed at this *sshole's attitude. It didn't take a genius to figure out she was embarrassed, and he thought that he had the high ground riding that thing.

The cyclist laughed.

"You a new trainer?" he asked, "Best don't pick fights with someone who has a bit more experience than you."

"You want to bring Pokemon into this?" I asked, "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?"

I pulled out my wallet and flash a bill.

"If you're as experienced as you say you are, you and your girly bike should not have a problem winning this." I goaded, "First trainer with no Pokemon left loses?"

The cyclist grinned.

"I won't turn down taking money off somebody who so desperately wants to give it away."
    @Desolate Divine
    Trainer Battle (rolled 20/20)

Cyclist Seamus would like to battle!
    "This is going to pay for new parts for my bike!"

Pokemon:

Shieldon

The trainer let out his Pokemon, a Shieldon.

At first glance it looked like it could be a rock or ground type, so I sent out Emperor first. Whilst I didn't know his attacks just yet, I knew that the first water type move most water types learn is Bubble. That was probably my best bet. That and the Shieldon didn't seem overly quick.

"Bubble!" I shouted. Emperor launched a flurry of bubbles from his beak hitting the Shieldon square in the head. However the Pokemon seemed to be unfazed by it, and launched forward. The attack grazed the Piplup, who managed to dodge the majority of it.

"Again! But be ready to dodge its attack."

Emperor gave himself some distance, before launching another attack. When the Shieldon launched another tackle, Emperor was able to dodge. However as Emperor launched his next attack, Shieldon quickly spun around and launched itself at Emperor with much more speed than before. It must have used quick attack. The hit was enough to knock Emperor out.

"I guess I win." said the lycra-wearing lunatic.

"You guessed wrong. First with no Pokemon left loses, remember?"

I called back Emperor before letting out Wolverine.

Your Pokemon: Piplup
    Opposing Pokemon: Shieldon
    Your Pokemon's Points: 5
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 15
    Bonuses: Shieldon -7 (Water> Rock)
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 3

Wolverine was going to have it tough, but he could handle this guy.

The Cyndaquil looked at me, then our opponent.

"Same as last time!" I shouted.

The Shieldon braced itself for another hit, however seemed shocked when Cyndaquil used Smokescreen.

"Get around it, and use Ember!"

Cyndaquil leapt to one side of the disorientated Pokemon, before launching a fiery breath attack. After a few moments, Shieldon dropped.

Your Pokemon: Cyndaquil
    Opposing Pokemon: Shieldon
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 3
    Bonuses: None (All Pokemon 5 points or below)
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 2
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0

"Try not to talk too much s**t to strangers on your way to the Pokemon Center, I muttered as I collected my reward, "I don't think your team could handle another beating."

Reward Item: Great ball +2 points
    Item: Great ball and 2 points
    Cost: Free

Before much more could be said, Wolverine became cloaked in a blinding light.

Pokémon You're Evolving: Cyndaquil
    Pokémon it Evolves Into: Quilava
    Evolution Point Requirement: 14
    Points On-Hand: 30
    Points After Evolution: 16
    Link to stats: In Sig

@Suicune's Fire
    A Wild Pokemon Appears!

Shinx (Male)
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-24-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Name: Matthias Grand
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^
    Instinct (5/5) Kid (5/5)
    Items: Pokeballs (5)
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town

Matthias grabbed the starter kit from the professor. he even remembered to say thanks, Mum would be proud.

Item Claim

But she wouldn't know, Matthias was in a different region, perhaps even a different reality, he hadn't worked it out yet. But the only way back home was working wit these strangers so he had better find out how to help.

The group decided to travel to some lake, and Matthias decided that he was safer with these others around to protect him, so he went along as well.

It was lucky that he did have all these others to protect him as the journey was decidedly dangerous.

Three of the other trainers were attacked by huge monstrous insects and had to defend themselves. Sophie looked at teh bugs attacking the rest of teh team and said, "I guess they just got lucky."

Matthias looked at Sophie trying to read any sarcasm in her voice, but no, she was serious. @Desolate Divine

"Lucky? They just got attacked by giant insects and you call them lucky?..." Matthias jumped as Kinnie tripped over and dropped her knife.

He looked around nervously, hoping to find somewhere "You may have been trained for this, but not me, those things are awful and this whole place is dangerous... Don't look now but I think that guy on the bike is looking at you."

Sophie went straight up and confronted the guy on the bike and it devolved into a Pokemon fight.

Matthias tried to think of way out of this. Monstrous bugs, psychotic Bikers... what else was going to happen.

"AHHH! What just happened top you Pokemon! It's mutated into something after your fight. What did that biker do?"

He was about to dissolve into a mess when he heard something that brightened his day.

"Shinx! Inx!"

Matthias looked over to see that Kinnie had met a cute little creature by the side of the road. It was cute enough to break through the rotten day he was having.

"Aww it's so cute! You gotta catch it Kinnie!" @Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

GM Post @Brettles

*Approved*

As you cringe in horror at the giant insects, before admiring the Shinx, you notice a ruffle in the grass nearby you.

A Wild Pokemon Appears

Kricketot

Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:
    ((())) ^^^^
    Instinct (5/5) Kid (5/5)
    Items: Pokeballs (5)
    Current Location: Twinleaf Town

Another giant bug jumped out and set it's eyes on Matthias.

"Eww! Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!" The Giant looked menacingly at him. "Kricketot?"

"Kid, get out here! Stomp that thing!"

Mid came out of his ball and saw the Insect menacing his new friend.

"Chimchar!" he screamed at the vicious bug. He then assumed a strange zen-like pose focusing fire energy into his fist.

With a loud "CHIMCHAR!" he punched the bug with a fiery fist.

Your Pokemon: Chimchar
    Opposing Pokemon: Kricketot
    Opposing Pokemon's Points: 6
    Bonuses: Kricketot -1 (Fire>Bug)
    Your Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0
    Opposing Pokemon's Remaining Points: 0

The bug went flying back into the grass.

"Well done, Kid! Are you OK!?"

Chimchar gave Matthias a thumbs up before laying down and going to sleep, exhausted after the fight. That Fire Punch must have really exhausted the poor little Pokemon.

"OK I'm done with this place! Lets get out of here!"

Name: Tony Joy
    Team Status: [Zuko- Torchic, Male (5/5)];[Ifrit- Chimchar, Female (5/5)]
    Items: None (+5 pokeballs)

“Thank you very much, professor.” Tony said, accepting the trainer kit.

Name: Tony Joy
    Stats: In my signature

As the trainers made their way to start their journey, suddenly almost all of them had a bug in front of them. Well, he would’ve liked to start with a wurmole like back home, but hey, it’s something. Heck, there may not even be wurmple in this region.

Pokémon using: Chimchar
    Pokémon trying to catch: Kricketot
    Point Requirement: 6
    Item Being Used/Quantity: Pokeball
    Points On Hand: 14
    Points After: 8