Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

GCEA Sinnoh Battle Calculator

@Rival Max @Brettles @Noblejanobii @AWA1997 @Shruikan @evanfardreamer @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Suicune's Fire @Everyone who is playing GCEA Sinnoh

So, with Sinnoh starting in just over two days, I feel like it is appropriate to give you this.

This is a calculator for battling that I designed a few months back.

The reason for this is that we are going back to the GCEA Hoenn system of battling (as opposed to Kanto, which most of you are used to). The difference between these two systems is the bonuses. In Kanto, the bonuses were fixed. No matter which Pokemon you were battling against, if you had an evolution or type advantage, you would get a fixed bonus. Hoenn, the system that was designed before that, was variable. The bonus was dependent on the current hitpoints of the disadvantaged Pokemon. Whilst this made it somewhat more complicated, it also introduced a degree of skill, learning how to use choose which Pokemon and when to use them to get the best possible outcome (I won't spoil this now, but might divulge this later).

Basically, when we were talking about doing Sinnoh, I made it clear that I was not for the Kanto battling system, and designed the calculator allowing us to do Hoenn without people tearing their hair out trying to figure out why the hell the bonuses aren't correct.

So here is the calculator. Some things to be aware of:
    1. You will find that you can't edit this document, making it unusable. That is intentional. You will be required to click File> Make a Copy, that way you can use this calculator without affecting the master copy.
    2. Whilst this calculator is pretty accurate, it was made by a human (me) to do the sums the way I do them. There may be a couple of errors on my end which may cause certain scenarios to not work (for example, if the calculators database has a Pokemon's name spelt wrong, it won't recognize that Pokemon). If you come across anything like this, or anything that doesn't seem to make sense, please follow the troubleshooting I will write up after this, and if it is still there, PM it to me. I will endeavor to fix it as soon as I can.
    3. The unfortunate reality of fixing these mistakes is that for the mistakes to be fixed on individual copies of the calculator, updated versions will need to be downloaded. When I update it, and it is ready, I will tag everyone in a post, and they can download the updated version.
    4. Pokemon names need to be spelt correctly for the Calculator to work. I will provide a list of names for Pokemon with multiple forms that the calculator should accept.
    5. ONLY FILL IN THE WHITE CELLS. THE BLACK CELLS CONTAIN CODE TO DO CALCULATIONS AND CHANGING THESE WILL RENDER THE CALCULATOR USELESS AND REQUIRE YOU TO MAKE ANOTHER COPY.

The current version of the GCEA Battle Calculator is V1.3!
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 04-12-2019 at 12:47 PM.