Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[RP] Skyrim Untold

~PLOT~

In the land of Tamriel, year 4E 201, the region of Skyrim is on the brink of civil war. With the High King killed two sides have risen to put someone they want on the throne. The Imperial Legion wishes to put the late King’s widow on the thrown and keep ties with the Empire while the rebel Stormcloaks wish for Skyrim’s independence. Tensions are rising and the land divided, it’s only a matter of time before there is massive bloodshed and a full out war started to settle this debate.

But this is not the only thing that plagues the beautiful land of Skyrim, for this year that marks the return of the dragons.

It is a dark time for the northernmost region of Tamriel. Factions struggling to survive and nowhere near their former glory, a nation divided, and dragons terrorizing the land, it would appear that it was close to the end times. However even in the darkest of times there is always a glimmer of hope, for there is also another legend that could bring hope to the hearts of all in Skyrim – the Dragonborn. Known as the ultimate dragon slayer, the Dragonborn could be just the person the land needs. However there hasn’t been one in centuries and some aren’t sure if it’s just a legend or reality.

Will a hero rise to defend Skyrim? Will the land be permanently painted red with the blood spilt with war? Will the mythical Dragonborn appear to fight against the rising dragon threat? No one is certain, and unfortunately only time will tell. This tale has only just begun, and there is not one person who can predict the ending.

~RULES~

• All PE2K rules
    • No god-modding
    • No bunnying without persmission
    • Respect players and the choices they make for their characters
    • Please include a basic header at the beginning of your posts that includes in the least character name and if any of the other roleplayers would be affected by your post. Character location would also be much appreciated

~START~

News in Skyrim spreads like wild fire. Helgen was attacked, and not by bandits or rogue mages. It was completely destroyed by a dragon. Bigger than an inn and as black as night, it appeared out of no where and rained down chaos. Hardly anyone came out alive. Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak escaped from the Imperial Legion during the attack and has returned to Windhelm. Since then there have been more sightings of dragons, but the black one has remained hidden. With no known way to slay a dragon everyone has been a little more on edge.

However the dragons haven't deterred the ongoing civil war. With Ulfric back in Windhelm the war is back on. Both sides are fighting for control over the land, specifically the still neutral Whiterun Hold. While the distractoin of the war has been going factions have still be operating, and some thriving, in the background. For example the Thieves Guild have been rising in power in all the major Holds despite the inner conflicts, a new Arch-Mage has been named at the College of Winterhold, and both the Dark Brotherhood and Companions have been getting in jobs that bring in the coin. Despite these dark times it seems some places are still prospering.

But the thread of the dragons is still present and growing threat. The war is threatening to break out into a full scale massacre of a battle. So far no one person has tried to rise up and return the peace to Skyrim. Can one person reunite the land, or would it take multiple individuals to band together and show everyone that it's possible to get along? It has yet to be seen, but what is certain is that lives are about to change. A few dragons have been scene circling over certain areas in some of the Holds, not yet attacking. Everyone knows, however, it's only a matter of time before the beasts don't just circle overhead and decide to attack.

~Spin

Lv 100 @ 310
    VPP | ASB | Pokémon Y Team | YouTube
    Profile Picture/Avatar art drawn by Moro-Wolf on deviantart.com

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Gaafaak Sida-Obsian
    Weapons Utility Argonian
    Riften: Bee and Barb

She sat at an offside table in the Bee and Barb. No one sat with her, though many had seen her before once or twice in the months leading into the new season. Sida-Obsian was the strangest of Argonian’s anyone from anywhere would have had to meet. Her voice differed from the female Argonian tone, which was slightly offsetting to her identity. She was commonly confused with a male. Few had met her, and ironically enough, she was waiting to meet with someone. Hiding under her cloak was promised payment to one of the few people she employed who was still willing to work with her. On her table was a block of bread and cheese, something she did not often obtain on her constant traveling. The few other patrons left her alone and the innkeepers hardly bothered her. Those two being Argonian as well though, often left her on a good footing with them and Sida hardly had any problems.

“I must be getting close… I must do more research before I bother her again.” Sida whispered to herself, quietly pulling off pieces of bread and chewing them slowly in her mouth. “Then if I can find Vahlok… maybe she’d see the sun rising and not setting on our search. I wonder where she is now…”

Sida was getting that inkling feeling that she was close, so very close to finding what she needed to find. Then, perhaps that could convince the mage to be more optimistic about finding their lost friend. The two of them were certainly alone in the world when it came to help, but thanks to the Thieves Guild not asking questions, Sida had some assistance where her friend would not give any. She understood why, but certainly wished she would turn her spirits over to the sunrise once and awhile.

Her thoughts were broken by the proprietor of the Bee and Bard; Talen-Jei, putting down two pints on her table: One a Velvet LeChance for herself, the other a pint of ale. Sida took the special drink and sipped it carefully, knowing this had to have been one of her only times she would get to relax with exotic foods before traveling again. Sida gave a thank you and passed off some extra gold to the other Argonian before he went about his business around the tavern. Sida waited quietly without another word for her contact to arrive, a pint of ale waiting for her.

Valok Charoa
    Nord Mage
    Helgen

Charoa had left Riverwood hours ago, knowing the she had heard in what only seemed like moments passed. She hadn’t heard the sounds of dragons in a long time, yet suddenly, there was rumor and sparked conversation about them. Even in her sleep she could have sworn to the Divines she had heard one roar in her sleep. If dragons had returned, then that meant something was coming. Were prophecies and legends of which she had read about in her minimal spare time beginning to come true? These thoughts raced through her head as she looked down upon what remained of Helgen. Smoke and smoldering homes that only two, maybe three days ago, stood strong and healthy o protect those within. In the flow of time, it only seemed to take a second to tear it all down. Charoa knew this was not the work of man, not an attack this fast, efficient or even plausible. Though many would have remained skeptical to dragons returning, she knew better. The mage stepped down the rocky, steep hillside and carefully made her way around the main gate, knowing bandits would soon claim this territory for their own and loot it.

Charoa had her shield on her left side, carefully stepping in the ash and over smoking wooden beams and glowing red stone that once held up a watch tower. Only half of it remained overhanging an old house that was beginning to be unable to feed the fires that had consumed almost every bit of it except the bare skeleton of supports and arches. Charoa picked up what potions remained and carefully put them in her satchel. Potions that survived the extreme heat could have been altered thanks to some laws of alchemy. Everything around Charoa felt frail, weak and dying. The heat didn’t seem to bother her, as some nights she would spend hours holding a Flames spell just to keep warm. She had grown a habit of letting the flames just burn off the magical energies of her hand, as she had all the time in the world to practice.

Charoa wasn’t even sure what she was looking for, or why she was even looking. She doubted that there would be any clues as to what she had been searching or in all these years, but with the coming of dragons, maybe this time would be different. She spoke not a word, and listened vigilantly for anyone that might think her presence was otherwise hostile.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

this is going to be fun. I am not going to start with all of my characters yet. I still need to find suitable beginnings for them.

Name: Katherine
    Other:
    Spoiler:

Race: Nord

Main Inventory: Two Steel daggers, a steel shortsword, a few health potions,and a handful of lockpicks.
    Skills: Light armor, One handed, Sneak, Speech, Lockpicking, Pickpocket

FULL INFO

Katherine heard the blade come out of its holder before it came anywhere near her. She quickly turned around to see a man holding up a knife. The man was about 6 feet tall, and he was very thin. He wore messy clothes and no shoes. His hair was long and black, and his eyes were brown.

"Don't even bother with the give me your money speech," Katherine said, "I will give you ten seconds to leave before i cut your throat." The man was clearly angered at these words, and without saying anything, lunged his knife towards Katherine. Katherine jumped back and drew her two steel daggers. As the man walked forward to attack again, Katherine swung her dagger at the mans knife. As the two blades made contact, the knife went flying from the mans hand. A second later, she lunged her second dagger into the mans stomach. The man fell to the ground, blood pouring from his stomach. As soon as the man hit the ground, Katherine turned, sheathing her daggers, and continued walking.

After the minor inconvenience of the bandit, Katherine continued walking towards Helgen. Any second she was going to be close enough to see the damages. She was in Whiterun when news of the dragon attack reached her. Having a house in Helgen, she knew she had to assess the damage and see what she could salvage. As the town came into sight, Katherine's hopes of being able to salvage anything at all began to fade. The town was clearly in ruins. Katherine continued into the town. She walked through the barren streets, depressed at what had become of the town she lived in.

"Damn it." Katherine said, looking at the pile of rubble placed where her house once stood. She walked onto the pile, digging through it to try and retrieve what she could. She was able to locate the remnants of her Jewelry box. From it she salvaged a diamond ring. She had stolen the ring, but she had begun to like it, and held onto it. She began to search for the way into her basement, but it was completely covered by rubble. Angered, she climbed off the pile of rubble and sat down next to it. Katherine had kept a chest with her money locked up in her basement, and now it was inaccessible. She had three emergency stashes hidden, one hidden near Riverwood, one hidden near Windhelm, and one hidden near Riften. but these three chests only counted for 5% of her wealth each. The other 85% of her wealth was now buried beyond reach.

She sat for a minute before she noticed noises coming from a nearby fallen guard tower. She sneaked over to investigate. Hiding behind debris from a house, she peaked over to see a woman. Katherine sat and watched the woman, debating whether to confront her or continue on.

Vorgu Soul
    Nightingale Mutt
    Honeyside

"Dragons? Fantastic. That's what Skyrim needs. We're on the brink of Civil War and suddenly Dragons want to come back from the hole they were hiding in." Vorgu stood after reading a notice from Mistveil Keep. He donned his thieves guild armor, suddenly feeling much lighter, and walked out of his home, locking the door behind him. As he did so, an assassin appeared from seemingly nowhere and attempted to slay the warrior giant. Vorgu didn't even draw his weapon. He stretched his arm out, grasped the skull of his attacker, and tossed him over the railing. The man fell, hit his head over the side of a boat below, and snapped his neck. Vorgu headed to the neighboring Bee and Barb, as the man slowly drowned to death, shaking his head. "They'll need to do better than that.."

He approached the double doors, and already smelled the intense scent of mead mixed with various food. His wolf nose smelled all of it. Even Thieves Guild members he was familiar with. "Suppose I'll announce this news of Dragons to everyone in the Inn.. If they don't already know. That courier seemed in quite a hurry." He entered the building, any attention he gathered quickly doubled as he threw his hands into the air and shouted.

"I, Vorgu Soul, Thane of Riften, come bearing news! The Dragons have risen! .. Or something! Apparently a dragon came out of nowhere and attacked Helgen Keep. Coincidentally, the Imperial Forces were staging the execution of Ulfric Stormcloak when it happened. We are no longer safe in our own homes! .. I guess! The dragons may swoop down and attack at any time! We are all in danger! If you already knew that, then good for you! I'm going hunting! Those brave enough can meet me in the center of town in a couple of hours. I'll give you time to prepare, and I've got some things to discuss with some contacts of mine. Good day!"

He shook his head, again, and walked out. Making his way to the Cistern. The dwelling of the Thieves Guild.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Silvanis
    High Hrothgar
    Affected RPers: None

Silvanis awoke to soft words.

"You have made an enemy of Ulfric Stormcloak," whispered the voice, "You have my sympathy." Silavnis opened his eyes, seeing a hooded Dunmer standing over his bed, clenching a dagger.

Instinctively, Silvanis shouted the word of power "Wuld". Suddenly he flew across the room behind the Dunmer in the blink of an eye.

"Intruder!" Silvanis shrieked at the top of his lungs. He flicked his forearms, as electricity appeared at his fingertips, crackling.

"Leave now." Silvanis said firmly to the assailant. The assailant remained silent, and advanced towards him, pulling a second dagger from his belt.

Silvanis muttered the incantation for the spell Dragonhide, and ran towards the assailant, grabbing his daggers. If not for the Dragonhide spell, his fingers would have been cut off. However he only received a small scratch on each. The electricity at his fingertips conducted through the daggers, shocking the assailant, who stood back and ran.

Silvanis followed him into the main hallway of High Hrothgar. The assassin ran past Master Skelep, one of the oldest of the greybeards, who muttered something. Eventually the assassin was trapped. In front of him was a group of angry dragon shouters, and behind him a window. The assassin lunged forward at Silvanis...

Silvanis woke up, sweating. The nightmare was an exact reenactment of what happened a week earlier, except the end. In reality, Silavnis had shouted Fus Ro, pushing the assassin through the window. The greybeards searched the mountainside the next morning, but they never found the body. They found imprints in the ground where shattered glass had landed, but none of a body. He must have broken the fall somehow. Probably with a dagger into the side of the mountain to slow him down.

Silvanis began his training as usual the next morning, which was the same as every other day. Learning to master Fus, Ro and Wund. Force, balance and whirlwind.

"Is something wrong Silvanis?" Master Arngeir asked, "There is something off about your Thu'um."

Silvanis stood silent for a second. After thinking about it, he responded.

"I have been here for two years, yet only learnt three words of power." Silvanis responded, "They are good, but isn't it time I learnt more? After all, I was close to being killed last week."

Arngeir frowned slightly. It was never a good sign when a student wanted to learn more before he was ready. Ulfric Stormcloak was an example of that.

"The Thu'um is not meant to be..." Arngeir began.

"Used as a weapon. I know," Silvanis said, "But last week, it was used for defense. A shield isn't a weapon, is it? Besides, my magic is more than capable of being used for offense."

Arngeir remained silent. He knew Silavnis was a good natured boy, however he also knew he was somewhat irresponsible, a trait that came with his young age. Eventually he came to a decision.

"You will be tested on the next full moon. If we believe you have mastered your basics, we will move on to more advanced words. But you must promise to stay focused on the basics until then." Arngeir said, "Do we have a deal?"

Silvanis smiled, and nodded, continuing his training.

Eclipse
    Windhelm Jarl's Office
    Affected RPers: None

"I have good mind to gut you like the *****ing pig you are!" Eclipse yelled, "Why would you send me after a kid, and not tell me he was an expert mage and dragon shouter! I was almost killed!"

"I thought you would be able to handle a child." Ulfric said, "Or are the Dark Brotherhood lowering their standards on their assassins?"

Eclipse pulled out his dagger, and slammed it into the Jarl's desk. The whole blade sunk into the desk, creating a large crack in the wood. Ulfric's eyes widened slightly.

"I am capable of killing you in a heartbeat, and you are much more capable at shouting than this kid." Eclipse said coldly, "I was not expecting him to be able to knock me through a window with a few simple words. I have never had any grudge with the greybeards. Now they are wanting my head."

"The greybeards never leave their damned mountain anyway." Ulfric said, "And don't expect to be paid for this. You failed your mission, and the Stormcloaks will suffer the longer this boy is allowed to live."

"Don't think I will be going up that god forsaken mountain again any time soon." Eclipse said as he walked to the door of the office, "It took days to come up with enough a plan the first time around. Now that I know what he is capable of, and the Greybeards know I am after him, it will be weeks before I even consider it. If you have anything else you would like to tell me, I will be at the tavern."

Eclipse walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him. He made his way out of the castle, and walked towards the tavern pulling the hood of his cloak over his face. He couldn't help remembering something said by the greybeards.

"You sicken me. You were meant for so much more.

Eclipse sat by the bar, sipping at his ale, unable to remember if it was his third or fourth. He pondered what the Greybeards said, until eventually the curiosity got the better of him. He was going to High Hrothgar at sunrise. He needed to know what they meant.

Eclipse stood up, and turned around, surprised at who stood before him.

Karliah
    Windhelm Tavern
    Affected RPers: CM (mentioned Menora)

Karliah stood in the shadows of the castle wall in Windhelm. Few noticed her as they walked past. She had been waiting for about an hour until she saw what she was waiting for. A Dunmer, walking out of the palace, and quickly pulling up his hood. She only caught a glimpse of his face, but it was enough to recognise him. Eclipse.

Karliah followed her old friend towards the tavern, and entered a few minutes after him. She considered approaching him then, but decided against it. She knew he was with the Dark Brotherhood, and could be hostile. While she was a better thief than he was, he was a much better fighter.

After sitting alone at a table for an hour, she counted the drinks he had. After his sixth, she decided to approach him. If he did attack her, he was drunk enough for her to defend herself. She stood up and walked towards him. However he stood and turned around, eyes widening as he recognised her.

"Karliah?"

"It's been a while Eclipse." She responded bluntly, "I've been looking for you."

Eclipse had a puzzled and slightly drunk expression on his face.

"Can we go somewhere and talk?" Karliah asked, "Somewhere private?"

Eclipse nodded. He gestured outside the tavern, and walked out, Karliah following. They walked the streets on Windhelm, remaining silent. Karliah thought it was strange, seeing as he used to be somewhat chatty with her. That and he used to insult drunks, which was ironic as, judging by the state of him, he had become one.

After an hour of walking, some of which Karliah thought was in circles, they arrived at Eclipse's house. There was a sign out the front of it, with the words 'Malgrave Manor, home and office of Thane'.

"Thane?" Karliah thought to herself. The man next to her was a thief and if rumours were true, an assassin, as well as a drunk. Why would Ulfric Stormcloak give him the title of Thane?

They walked into the house, and Karliah began to talk, but Eclipse quickly put his index finger to his mouth, silencing her. He walked towards a cupboard and opened the door. Karliah followed closely behind him wondering what was going on. She stood dumbfounded when he pulled his out dagger, and was sticking it into the back. She noticed a hole in the back, which was the perfect size for it. She took the dagger, and stuck it in the hole, twisting it. It was a key. The back of the cupboard slid away, revealing stairs to an other room. Eclipse gestured for Karliah to go down, and followed, closing the panel behind him.

Karliah entered a room and looked around in slight amazement. There was a large square table in the center, and a manakin wearing Eclipse's Nightingale Armour in the corner. One of the walls had three weapon mounts. One with a daedric bow, the other a dagger, and the third empty. One of the other walls contained a map of Skyrim. Pins with pieces of paper covered the wall, linked together by pieces of string. The common pattern was a name and a location in black ink, with 'dead' in red, linked to a name and location in black, and 'paid' in red. It was true, Eclipse was an assassin.

"What are you doing here Karliah?" Said a familiar voice from behind her, "Why were you searching for me?"

Eclipse stood before her. Though his body and coordination were affected by the alcohol in his system, it was obvious by the way he was talking that his mind wasn't affected as badly.

"I want my life back," Karliah said, "After you saved me from Mercer, he fled to the thieves guild. He told them that I killed Gallus, and tried to kill him when he found out. They have wanted me dead for the last twenty five years."

"Wait, what?" Eclipse said, "I thought for sure he would have died from our fight."

"He didn't. Recently I purchased Goldenglow Estate and funded Honningbrew Meadery, in attempt to sever the thieves guild's, and in turn, Mercer's ties with Maven Black Briar." Karliah explained, "I remembered Gallus' journal, and thought that it might have evidence of Mercer's betrayal. I managed to track it down to Gallus' body, in Snow Veil Sanctum."

Eclipse turned to face the map on his wall, eventually finding Snow Veil Sanctum. It was up north, near the town of Winterhold.

"Just after I got the journal, and gave Gallus a proper burial, I had a run in with Mercer and a thieves guild member, a Nord called Menora. I managed to hide, but Mercer turned on Menora, and tried to kill her." Karliah said, "After he left and she fell unconscious, I took her to my camp and treated her wounds. When she woke up, I told her the truth and she has been helping me since."

Karliah made her way to the chair and sat down.

"Menora and I separated recently. She took Gallus' journal to an old friend of his, hoping to get it translated. I am still waiting for her to contact me with the translation." Karliah said, "Even though he has desecrated her temples, and murdered her agents, Mercer is still an agent of Nocturnal. A nightingale. I may be able to convince nocturnal into allowing me to be a nightingale again, and Menora might have what it takes, but it will take more than the two of us to defeat Mercer."

Eclipse was somewhat shocked at what Karliah was saying. She was never one for fighting openly. She was the type to hide in a shadow, and put a poisoned arrow into the back of her enemies. The type to be gone before anyone noticed. But this was different.

"Karliah, this couldn't be happening at the worse time." Eclipse said solemnly, "I have business on High Hrothgar. I leave here tomorrow morning. I don't know what will happen after."

Karliah frowned at her old friend. This wasn't the answer that she was expecting.

"You are choosing to go mountain climbing, instead of helping bring justice to Gallus' killer? This is war!" Karliah sneered, "You were like a brother to Gallus. But I suppose you also weren't a drunk."

Karliah stood up and walked towards the stairs.

"Karliah, wait." Eclipse said loudly. She stopped and turned around. Though she tried to hide it, tears were visible on her face. "I will do it. I will help you. But first, I must see the Grey Beards. They know something important. I need to find out."

Eclipse stood up and walked towards his armour.

"You are right. I am a Nightingale. I need to do this." he said, "I will leave tonight for High Hrothgar, and get there as quickly as I can. Once I have found out what I need to know, I will head to Riften. Go to the Bee and Barb at midnight every night. I will meet you there when I arrive. Find this Menora person that you speak of, and do what needs to be done."

"Thank you," Karliah said solemnly, "You have no idea how much this means to me."

Karliah left the house, finding her horse by the city gate where she left it tethered. Within the hour, Eclipse had donned his Nightingale armour, and rode off into the darkness, towards High Hrothgar. After twenty minutes, he got off his horse and vomited in the bushes on the side of the trail, slightly regretting drinking so much...

Bad post is bad. Hopefully I have more ideas on my next one.
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 11-06-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Menora the True Shot
    Riften > The Bee and Barb, Riften
    ARPers: Saraibre Ryu, The Operator (mentions Karliah)

With a heavy sign a young nord woman entered Riften. It had been a long couple of weeks for her. She had met Mercer Frey at the Snow Veil Sanctum upon request, she being on of the only available members of the Guild at the time, to search out Karliah. Little did she know what she would learn upon finding the dunmer woman. Now it wasn't unknown that Menora wasn't fond of Mercer, but to learn of what he did that caused the Guild's decline was a surprise to her. Everything he told her about Karliah and what happened with the previous Guild Master's death was a lie. She was glad that she hadn't killed Karlaih on the spot as soon as the poison used on her wore off.

She went and helped Karliah decipher Gallus' journal, and now all she wanted to do was go home, have a nice tankard of ale, and then rest for a while. But she couldn't retire to the Cistern of the Ragged Flagon just yet. While she was away she also did a quick side job for a regular employer on the way back, one that seems like only she and occasionally Brynjolf would work with. With pulling her hood down to reveal her face she walked into the tavern of the city - The Bee and Barb. It wouldn't take her long to find who she was looking for. There weren't that many argonians in Rifen, so when she spotted one more than usual in the tavern she knew it was who she was looking for. The nord couldn't help but smile a bit. This woman sent her on many thieving jobs, and all were fun even if in the end the item she obtained was not exactly what her employer was looking for. She wondered if she'd be sent on yet another job with this meeting or if she could rest before she was to start preparing for Karliah’s arrival. She already sent a courier with the translations to find her in Windhelm, the dark elf saying something about needed to take care of something there.

She casually walked over to the table where the argonian sat, no one paying any mind to her. She allowed herself a seat, already knowing that she was the one the woman was waiting for. "Sida, it's good to see you again," she greeted, noticing the tankard of ale then. "I see you've already ordered me a drink, which I must thank you for. Now tell me, how did the item turn out?"

Menora already had an idea of the answer, but she had to ask. Up to this point it was always the same, but she couldn't be sure. As she listened for the answer to her question she picked up the tankard of ale and took a swig of it, already enjoying it even though it hardly entered her system.
    Last edited by SpinelWolf; 11-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.

~Spin

Lv 100 @ 310
    VPP | ASB | Pokémon Y Team | YouTube
    Profile Picture/Avatar art drawn by Moro-Wolf on deviantart.com

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Gaafaak Sida-Obsian
    Weapons Utility Argonian
    Riften: Bee and Barb
    ARPer's: Spinel

Sida was happy to see Menora again, though she looked thoroughly tired despite the enjoyment of her ale. Sida took another swig of her own drink before giving the thieves guild member an answer. However, the Thane of Riften came in, and announced what she had already known. The man was rather imposing though, announcing the arrival of dragons in Skyrim, though his argument that people weren’t safe in their own homes was rather unconvincing. Though hunting, what did the Thane mean? Sida wasn’t sure but she didn’t have time for hunting unknown targets. She was busy hunting her own. The Argonian returned to her friend once all was said and done.

“It was close but once again, I was wrong.” She spoke quietly, now that there was distinct murmur of the talk of dragons once again. Sida reached under her cloak and put a bag of gold off side, so that people who might have been watching couldn’t see the large sum that had been promised to Menora and her guild for her services as she always did.

“I must be straight and honest.” Sida continued, even a bit quieter. “The return of dragons… it may have something to do with the dragons returning, so I may be close… I just need to do more research and investigating. Someone would be able to help me, but she is off on her own tasks, and I have not seen her in ages. Anyway, I will do more research, as to not always send you on, as they say ‘wild goose chases’ constantly.”

Sida took another sip, looking at Menora quickly, and noticed something seemed a bit off. “I do not mean to pry, but something seems to have you in a darker place than usual friend. If there is anything I can do…”

Valok Charoa
    Nord Mage
    Helgen
    ARPer's: dragonmaster

Charoa sifted through the houses along the wall, picking up potions or enchanted items that she knew were incapable of being used properly by a dimwitted bandit. There was the sound of shuffling in the distance, and she could have sworn she heard someone speak. The mage ignored it for now, knowing it was far off and in the position she was in, it would be near impossible for an arrow to harm her with the debris in the way. She could feel the heat, and the coldness of death around her; senses you picked up when raising the dead was a regular thing to scare off those from your camp for the night.

After leaving another string of homes, Charoa thought she heard a distant groan of pain, and a soft thud. Knowing there were other bandits around, they could have been turning on themselves, or there was another scavenger of skill around who was being bothered by them. Charoa made her way to the guard tower again, no one being inside of it but rather than using up time, she conjured up a Clairvoyance spell, and placed her hand on the stony wall. There was a brief moment of silence, before another moment of waiting. Soon Charoa removed her hand from the wall. There was nothing. She moved on and sat down on a stone that was still rather warm from the fires around it, a shield still on her arm. Closing her eyes she meditated for a minute, trying to see if there were any clues to what she was looking for within her vicinity.

Then, Charoa felt something within the heat of the surrounding ruins. It was cold, but within that cold was a burning sensation, dimmed with a much more heavy feeling. Charoa knew that feeling, she was very familiar with it, and had carried it with her for a long time. Disappointed though, that this feeling and what she had found, was not what she was looking for. She couldn’t tell where exactly the thing she found was, or what it was, but something was there. She wasn’t sure if it was hostile or not, but she had hoped it wouldn’t provoke her into becoming one of the people here with hostility. Charoa always could sense when eyes were upon her, at least at the last second she could.

“I have no quarrel with you.” Charoa spoke aloud, hopefully loud enough so that whatever was around, watching her would have heard her. “Leave peace with peace and so it shall be. Though if one mourns for too long over a grave, the value of what was lost may never be regained.”

Charoa didn’t expect what, or who it was to understand her riddling speak. All she knew that whatever she had sensed had lost something. Being a mage of her caliber, she was able to do at least that with a combination of simpler spells; those being Clairvoyance and Detect Life. However the combination did not go as well as she had planned, but blamed it on her lack of proper focus. Whether this entity decided to harm her or not, was an entirely different story. Charoa took a few steps before stopping just as an arrow zipped past her shoulder. The mage turned around and saw another haphazardly clothed bandit with a raised hunting bow in his arms. Charoa raised her dragon scale shield, hiding the now frosted hand behind it, watching her current assailant prepare another shot, albeit more quickly this time.

“I might have a lit’le quarrel with your heavy pockets mage!” She heard him yell, firing another arrow that only made a slight tinking sound as it hit Charoa’s shield.

Charoa moved her shield and cast her hand forward, a fierce Frost Bolt racing through the air as it hit the Bandit square in the neck, forcing him over the other side of the wall. Charoa did not know if he was surely dead or not, but she didn’t care. Peace for peace, was that really so hard to understand? She knew the answer to that question, and no, no one seemed to understand those words. The frost faded from her right hand, and she continued on her way. She was fairly certain, the bandit was not what she detected before, but she could have been wrong.

"My pockets aren't even full."

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Blackthorne
    Argonian Thief
    Riften
    Affected Rpers: Saraibre Ryu, Spinelwolf (entering the same area)

Blackthorne stared at a sack sitting on her desk. She questioned whether to sell off its contents now, or go for a swim, get a drink, and do it later. She resolved by deciding to take the sack, go fro a swim, get a drink, and then head to the local fence.

She slid her thieves guild attire over her current wear. She checked her equipment and brought it out with her. She snagged the bag around her tail.

She set her gear down and jumped right off into the waterway. She swam downward eyes closed. Took a few steps on the bottom and felt something odd. She opened her eyes and took a look. The sight of a dead man beneath her feet gave her quite a shock. She was up back on the lower wooden dock in front of her house. She muttered to herself. She slid her amulet over her head and onto her neck. She checked that her rings were there. She slid them onto her fingers. She belted on the Twin Rippers and slid Soulsplinter into her boot. She strapped on her bow and set her arrows. She put on her satchel of hot merchandise.

She jumped up and grabbed the upper dock and pulled herself up onto it. She cocked her head to the side eyeing the Bee and Barb. She jumped and snagged the railing on the other side and rolled over it landing on the wooden planks in front of the establishment.

She entered and sat down without so much as a look around and ordered a White-Gold Tower and set some gold on the table. Talen-Jei brought the beverage and picked up the gold.

Blackthorne sipped the beverage and looked around in front of her. She couldn't see anyone particularly interesting before her, so she gulped down the rest of the drink and stood up.
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
    Fire finds its form in the heat of the forge.

Levi of Sapphire! Reggie of Emerald

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I suck at grammar. I'm supposed to start a new paragraph every time someone new talks right?

Name: Katherine
    ARPers: Saraibre Ryu
    FULL CHARACTER INFO

Katherine continued watching the woman. She did not notice she had been found until the woman spoke. Confused at her words, Katherine began trying to figure out what she meant. Katherine could not find any meaning in these words, though she wanted to figure out what they meant. She was about to stand up, giving her position away when she heard words again. These words came from another source however. Katherine poked her head up from behind the pile of rubble to see the woman now held a shield. She saw a man shooting arrows down at her. Katherine was debating if she should help or not when the woman held out her hand. From the hand Katherine watched a bolt of frost shoot.

"So she is a mage" Katherine thought. She watched as the woman's attacker fell over the wall. Katherine wanted to know what this woman's words meant, and knew the only way to find out was to ask.

"That was impressive" Katherine said, stepping out from behind the pile of debris.

Name: Uriel
    ARPers: None
    FULL CHARACTER INFO

"So, Dragons huh?" Uriel said to the Innkeeper in response to the talk of the winged beasts.

"Hard to believe isn't it." The Innkeeper said in response.

"It is." Uriel responded. "You didn't happen to hear where i might find one of these dragons have you?"

"Cant say i have." The Innkeeper said. "And even if i could tell you where to find one, you would be stupid to try and take it on yourself.

"Your right" Uriel responded, seeing how dumb he was for thinking he had any chance of killing one. "I'm going to have to find help before i have any chance of killing a dragon. I have to find one first though." After finishing talking, Uriel turned and walked towards the center of the Inn.

"Has anyone here heard anything of the possible location of one of these dragons?" He said, looking around at everyone.

Just Another Man Trying to Get By Grsspkmnmaster's Avatar
    Azahb El-Amin
    Redguard Wanderer
    Falkwreath, Falkwreath Hold

The tall darker traveler breathed in deep through his nostrils as he passed under the bridge which led into the first town he'd seen in a few days. Since he'd set out from Elinhir, he'd only seen a few travelers, all bursting with the latest news from Skyrim. Dragons! Skeptical at first, he had simply continued on, but the frenzied news kept getting repeated. Through all his travels through most of Tamriel, he had never seen a dragon before, and given the legends and tales he'd heard, it was probably better than way. The supposed Harbingers of the end times, if you believed the old Akaviri legends, older than even the proud Nords themselves. The few battle-songs of the orcs which even existed also had one dedication to the dragons, fearsome beasts which could even crumble the mighty Malacath. There was nothing good about dragons in any of the Sagas, except for the few times where the mightiest mortals were able to fell a single dragon with whole armies of heroes at their disposal. If the legends were true, and if the dragons really had returned...

The colder climate brought him back to where he was mentally, as he strode through the town, small flakes of snow drifting lazily to the ground. He tugged on the elk-hide cloak on his shoulders tighter around his chest. Though he was more accustomed to the cold than most other Redguard, it still brought initial chills after crossing the border from Hammerfell to Skyrim. He looked around as he walked through town, gazing at familiar sights and buildings, although he barely knew most of the people he passed by. Falkwreath was a funny little town, encircled almost entirely by pines, except for the graveyard. It seemed to have an effect on the people living here, everyone he passed seemed to lifelessly shuffle past, strangely immune to the fresh cold. He finally turned into the Dead Man's Drink, almost always his first stop in Skyrim. A good drink was almost always the start of a good adventure. After all, how many good tales started with the lines, "It all started in a warm tavern on a dark stormy night..." Too many, now that he thought about it briefly, walking up the wooden steps in a rush, already excited to wrap his lips around a nice Blackbriar Mead.

The sturdy pine door pushed open, creaking a little on the hinges as he stepped into the warmth of the inn. Unslinging his pack from his back for the first time all day since he'd shouldered the burden this morning, he walked up to the counter, where the lovely Valga Vinicia stood. He always remembered her, an Imperial out of Cyrodil who had escaped the wars only to land in Skyrim, and even more ironically in the one city well known for it's graveyard. Average height for a lady, skin which was darker than the average Nord not much lighter than what he was accustomed to. Her hair rested just above her shoulders, a little grey from the years of living in a dead town. He'd asked her more than once to come with him. Though she was certainly beautiful in her own right, she had made it clear that adventuring wasn't something for her. He walked over towards the counter.

"Well, Valga my darling, it looks like your wonderful tavern has made my list of places to visit again."
    "And yet the guards haven't noticed you well enough to keep you out of town," she teased.

Yeah, it's good to be back.