Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey fam,

Firstly I just wanted to apologise for all the confusion. It's always a possibility that I've missed something and usually it's a case of the derp.

Combining materials is part of Forge; basically to avoid becoming OP quickly I invented having to combine materials (which in hindsight makes things more annoying) in order to craft them. The issue here is that it was the first time using the system, and I think I actually forgot to mention it anywhere. XD And because so much of this was developed on my own, I haven't passed on certain things to Neo unless it's explicitly written somewhere. I thought I did write it, but turns out I didn't. I apologise for that; that's a combination of an oversight and the first trial of this system. I can also see now that having to combine materials only causes a hefty extra step, especially considering Forge is being used so rarely.

In previous iterations of Stalkers, you had one Learned Action/Ability from the start, and learned a second upon playing. This time, I thought it might be cool to start with none and have to learn both, which made finding teachers more valuable. But a lot of people didn't even learn one action at all, so my takeaway from this is that you should all start with one, like in previous versions, and learn one. Part of the reason I didn't have you start with one was because I introduced Clairvoyance and Forge, and thought it might be more fun to unlock them in gameplay.

Neo's right about separate inventories--it was to encourage people to use items they found, instead of feeling like they were taking resources from other players by using a shared inventory. It's become clear now that this makes things even more awkward, because then you feel like you're taking resources from each other. xD

Would everyone be okay with these immediate changes?

a. Get rid of combinable materials (i.e. Have only Iron Ingots, and no Iron Ore that you have to combine)
    b. Combine all inventories into one Team Inventory (but please don't let this discourage you from using shared items!)
    c. Learning Abilities can be done for free. Just @ me or Neo in this chat thread with the Abilities you want and we can add it to your stats.

Let me know your thoughts!

@Bulbasaur @Noblejanobii @Chakramaster @EmeraldSky @Scytherwolf @Morzone @HorusMyDude @Arrow-Jolteon @Lychee @sammy0295 @Truly @ARandomTool @LKWayvern @Dragon Master Mike @arnisd @Shruikan @ShadowBolt25

RE: frustrations and impatience:

Please be patient. xD Any such errors stem from me, not Neo. He's only following what I've put in place for him, and because my brain works in weird ways, details sometimes fail to get from my brain into written form. It was easy for me to work things out and tweak them as I went when I was running it by myself. I made my own rules and, I hope it was clear, I'm very willing to compromise. I like improvising and I'm down with the Rule of Cool, which in D&D means that you're willing to bend the rules and ad-lib if it means a better player experience, and more fun. Of course, that is not normally part of Stalkers, and the reason I was running it that way was because it was easy to keep track of everything when it was all just coming out of my brain.

Neo has been extremely courteous and respectful of the systems I've developed, so he is sticking to what I have put in place. Like, I was happy to mess with my own systems and scrap things if I had to, but Neo obviously doesn't want to mess with things that I put in place out of courtesy. So just know that the rules he's passing on to you and running by are things that I have put in place, and very likely things that don't work. I know it's kind of hard to get a hold of me during the week, so Neo is doing his best, which is pretty freaking amazing! So do have mercy on him, because whatever is going on is my fault. XD

That being said, always willing to compromise. :)

2. This post has been liked by: