View Poll Results: A PXR masot, Yay or Nay?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay!

26 92.86%
  • Nay!

2 7.14%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A PXR Mascot?

Lighting the Night Sky MrZangetsu's Avatar
    I personally think we should pick a pokemon that is classified as a wandering pokemon, because to me, crossroads gives sort of the feeling of adventure and travelling, I think it would fit perfectly.

~thanks to Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

I have a sprite shop!"Click Here"
    I'm starting a Pokemon Zeta Randomocke!"Read it Here"

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

I think a mascot would be a great idea!

However, I wouldn't really want it to be a popular Pokémon like Pikachu, or Eevee. I'm not a huge fan of Manaphy, either, but I'd be fine with pretty much every other Pokémon you can think of.

I quite like the wandering pokemon idea - I think it fits the site. Perhaps, going off the current colour scheme, something like Suicune or Articuno might do it.

~{ASB Stats}~{VPP Stats}~

Evolve: 94

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar
    Alright, Here's the list of nominations so far (Limited to one nomination per person)
    Aron
    Manaphy
    Tyrogue
    Suicune
    Dunsparce

I'm actually a fan of the Suicune and Tyrouge ideas, Since Suicune wanders around (Much like this site) and Tyroge has a branched out evolution chain, But is much, Much, Less popular than Eevee. And regarding that logo contest idea: I support the idea, But I think we should still vote on a set mascot first to make the non-artsy people (Like me) get to feel involved also.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

Hydreigon seems perfect

(another is Zekrom but if only one can be chosen Hydreigon seems The best choice )

Just wondering your reasoning behind that choice. Why would Hydreigon be perfect? Suicune's fitting as a wanderer, Tyrogue branches out, Manaphy matches the color scheme, Aron eats and lives by railroads, And Dunsparce....Uh...Well, He's Dunsparce.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

Hydreigon is a great Pokemon & he is a wanderer in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity

URPG Staff

As much as I like the idea of a mascot, I feel like it limits us too much. Same as with other people, it just makes fans say "oh, they use a Pokemon I don't like, I don't like this site." I've seen it happen numerous times, the main one being Smogon and Seribii, who respectively use Koffing and Celebi. Besides, as somebody said, I think we would be best of have numerous mascots for each section. Would these votes be for the main one, or the one to serve entirely? That's my question.

9. This post has been liked by:

Why not use a person instead of a Pokemon.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Dash View Post
    I think we would be best of have numerous mascots for each section.
    That would definitely be a cool idea, And I don't think I've seen it been done anywhere else. I've never really been put off by a forum mascot, (In fact, Lucario is one of my least favorite pokemon but that didn't stop me from liking Pokestadium) But I guess there's some picky people out there. I think it would still be nice just to have a sort of main signature pokemon for the site, To give it more of a feeling of identity. Oh, And using a person instead of a Pokémon? Maybe we could do that...
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO