Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dark Nerd Comic Co. & Sprites

I'm not sure if this should go here, since the only comic I'm posting here is my Animal Crossing series, as it's the most friendly. While it's the whole series, it's new and doesn't have much. I also have like, a ton of sprites, so yeah. Feel free to move this if this isn't the best place for this topic.

Sprites
    Spoiler:

And now onto the comic! Animal Crossing New Leaf: Adventures in Bel-Aire!

Misc. Art
    Spoiler:

More to come

I have many more drawing and sprites and definitely comics, but most aren't even PG, due to violence, language, and blood/gore.
    Wanna find them? Here's my deviantArt!
    I have more, sadly, the place I kept most of them is currently undergoing maintenance.

Comic explaining a bit of info. I am terrible at adding letters via text.
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by DarkNerd; 02-10-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    ~~~Deviant Art~~~Pokemon Crossroads~~~Facebook~~~

2. This post has been liked by:

Very nice comic ^_^

Can't wait for the next

Be sure to check my comic weekly! I also have some other ideas for future comics so stay tuned.

4. This post has been liked by:

Thanks!

Uploaded the third page!
    I'm also going to add a third section for misc. art, though it won't be big enough yet.
    Since the site's sorta up already, I'll be back on schedule this week hopefully.

The little hamhams are adorable! I love the absol and shiny eevee ones :) I checked out your deviantArt, very nice. You draw a lot! I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

I am in lerve with your ham-hams. What an idea! Funnily enough I watched an episode of Hamtaro yesterday. xD

Laura: "Goodnight, Mom!"
    Mother: "Goodnight, Brandy!"
    Laura: "Brandy's the dog, Mom."
    Mother: "Hehe, oops! Sorry, dear."

... xD

Anyways, I quite like your other sprites too. Some of your scratches (like the fakemon (assuming that's what they are) next to the ghost lady) could have more shading and some highlights, and in some places the outlines turn coloured where they should probably be a bit darker. The yellow is also a very sharp yellow, reminding me of the default yellow colour in Paint. However, those things are relatively minor, and only a few sprites in the small collection you have displayed. I like the gengar-clefables, but I feel that it would be better if you found a way to have the eyes and mouth (mouth especially) line up. By not doing so, it looks a little lazy and inconsistent. Your other scratches (the spider, Jack, the liepard/espeon, the man's face, etc) have quite flat shading and could do with some more to give them better dimension. They have the potential to really stand out if you experiment and shade more of their surface area. :]

I quite like the sableye sprites too, although the white things around their necks should have darker outline, because otherwise the borders are lost in the surrounding colour and clashes unfavourably. I love the blastoise Bowser you got going on there too, except the red colour clashes with the green. Separating the colours with shading/outlines for the red parts would make it look better. :] Lol at the palkia burger.

I love the Animal Crossing comic too! XD It's great. Your style is wonderful and works really well, and the dialogue is real and entertaining. Love the attitude. And the monocle. I'd love to see more. x)

(P.S. The third page links to the tinypic site so a URL adjust would be good. xD)

Keep up the good work!

~SF.

@Absol-
    Thanks! I've got a few more Ham-Hams, but I'm saving those for another batch upload.
    I knew you'd love the Absol. Lucky guess, I guess. Shiny Eevee's one of my favorites, alongside both Charizards and Scyther as scratching their parts was fun and satsifying. Eevee reminds me a bit of a chincilla here, though.
    I do draw constantly. I've got a massive 2-inch binder that's already almost full with just drawings. I should upload some, but they contain a bit of a secret project I've been working on...
    @Suicune's Fire-
    Hamtaro defined my childhood (or at least the non-Pokemon parts of my life X] )!
    Especially Ham-Ham Heartbreak. Originally they were going to be done in that style, but it was kinda bland so I switched to Rainbow Rescue (I believe) sprites. I still prefer HHH over HRR, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of mini-games. But it's still amazing and I'm on the border of advertsising "BUY THIS GAME."

Oh God, the show.
    Shame us in the US' of A didn't get to see Spat in his anime glory.
    Wait, did she just call her mom-

Yep, their fakemon. Yellow is one of the colors I can only handle handle clumsily as of yet. I'll see if I like a duller color, though I'm not sure how to achieve it, as greying it down is just bland and a bit lame in my opinion for my art. I hate yellow almost as much as I do the number 8. Outline shading's also something I need work on in my scratch sprites. Getting that Pokemon style down is surprisingly difficult.
    Believe me, I tried getting them to line up. The result almost made me gag. All the results. I eventually gave up. Gengar and Clefable's size and shape may match up well, but their faces definitely don't. XD
    The spider's actually a sprite over of someone else's drawing. While I could edit the shading, the darn thing took me 3 days. I was already tired of the thing, but it needed basic shading.
    Jack, I'll admit, was thrown together in less than 5 minutes to get my sister to stp bugging me about making some NBC art. I love the movie, but not her constant nagging.
    Liepard/Espeon is from a nuzlocke I'm a huge fan of, and it is by far my most dissappointing piece of work ever. Well, sprite-wise. I will definitely redo it later, when I've fully master four legged animals.
    As for the man, that's Fish Guy, the Super Hero with the power of shooting fish out of the palm of his hands. The star of my upcoming original comic series, which will hopefully be on shelves later this year. I was never good with shading human skin. I wanted to make him look kinda sickly but also strong enough to fight. Hense the shading differences on the skin and the suit.
    I agree, I should try being more dynamic, but I generally don't get much computer time. Plus, I live by the Charmin words of wisdom: "More is less!" (Not really, but I couldn't resist.

I've probably been more careful with the dialogue here in this series than in any other, mostly because I want Wayne to be a mix of nonchalant but also deeply emotional, as well as avoid a few clichés in other NPC's (such as Nook being evil/greedy. Here' he's just a normal guy).
    Ah, the monocle. He's never taking that off. Never.
    (Yeah. Thought it's be easier to fix that when I upload page 4 (hopefully) this Saturday.

9. This post has been liked by:

Orly? xD That's awesome. I watched the anime and tried a DS game and that's about it lol.

Never played HHH. I played the other one but quickly got bored because of the mini-games, like you said. xD

YEP. I loved the show. XD So amusing.
    Lol her mum.

Don't worry, in my opinion, yellow is one of the hardest colours to work with. Along with orange. Orange more so for me, which is a pain. xD More when trying to draw, though. What I find helpful is using colours from sprites that you think would be suitable for your sprites. Tends to help a lot with palette-making.
    And lol yeah, I figured it would be hard to do. XD How inconvenient. And fair enough about the spider and Jack. xD Going back to it after a while might suit you better. Then you forget how sick you got of it. XD Naww, you shouldn't call it a disappointment! I like it! It could do with some altering, but it's not that bad. xD Come on. I've seen waaaaay worse. One thing I find handy, is if you have a scanner, draw the poses first on paper and then scan it and downsize it to be sprite-sized. (Either that or, if you have a tablet, draw it on your computer.) It's much easier than doing a sprite from scratch with no guidance. x)
    Haha, Fish Guy! Sounds like an awesome. comic. XD I wish you luck with that one!

I like the idea. :3 I've never heard of Nook being evil or greedy, but then again, I've never read any Animal Crossing comics except yours. And lel. Glad to hear that the monocle's not going anywhere. XD

~SF.

THERE'S A DS HAMTARO GAME?!?
    Apologies for the caplocks, but my enthusiasm is very high.

Yep. HHH has no mini-games, but plenty of throwing hamsters off cliffs. Among other almost murder things.

Wish it was still one.
    I still remember this one weird episode that was a dream Hamtaro had. It was... odd.

True. Yellow is one of the worst colors.
    With using it on paper, it's more difficult for me to see it, so I normally take my time with it.
    I do that a lot, but I'm trying to not depend on other sprites too much.
    Yeah, the spider was done not too long ago, I will fix it up later. Maybe.
    I find a disappointing because Felony the Liepard came out relatively good, and then I tried the Espeon. It was a good sprite, and it was supposed to animated. It failed to even get close to how I wanted it look, but unlike others, it didn't get close. I have seen much, much, MUCH worse, but still.
    I have both, however, since I use MSPaint for my sprites, I can't do layers. I used another tool for the spider, but again, not likely to do that again soon.
    Thanks!

Hm. Interesting. Most people think him evil and greedy due to him just forcing you into work, firing you, and forcing you to upgrade your house.
    I haven't seen many of those either.
    Nope. It's staying. Maybe it's glued to his face. Maybe he's missing an eye. Maybe he's just into it. Maybe... just maybe... he IS the monocle.

YEAH THE RAINBOW RESCUE ONE. At least, I think that's what it was called. xD Oh wait, it's not RR, it's called Ham-Ham Challenge. I just played the rom ages ago and that was about it. xD They had massive heads for some reason.
    LOL DON'T BE APOLOGETIC FOR CAPS LOCK!

Bahaha, interesting.

I don't remember that episode. xD I watched it so long ago. I gotta see the rest of it though. I loved it when I was a kid. x)

Yes it totally is.
    Do you mean it's more difficult for you to visualise what you want to draw on paper, or do you mean that it's literally difficult to see the lines your pencil makes on paper? XD But yeah, I understand. Having guidance from a scanned paper or a computer drawn image usually helps me though. :] Then it's sort of like a pixel-over but on a smaller scale.
    Okay. x)
    Ahaha, nah, I getcha. You wanted it to turn out better than it did, I imagine. I know the feeling! It can be really hard to replicate things you see in your mind. Still, play around with sketches on paper; that might help even if it does take you a while to get something you like. Even if you don't scan it, at least you'll have a better idea of how to do a pose you wanted. :]
    I used to use Paint, but I switched to a program called Graphics Gale, which is basically an advanced paint. If you use a paid version (I didn't buy it personally; I just use the free one) then you can make gifs with it too. But it (the free version included) has layers, which is handy!

xD I guess so. He doesn't fire you though, does he? In all fairness I haven't played New Leaf, but I have played the GC one, the city one and Wild World. xD (I love how he's just EVERYWHERE. xD)
    Ahaha, WHAT A TWIST! How intriguing! Maybe it's all part of the mystery that is HIM.

~SF

RR was a GBA game. Doing research right now on the identity of the DS game.
    BUT IT SOUNDS RUDE IF I DON'T, SORRY.

One of the reasons why I love it. That and the final thing you do in the main story comes out of nowhere. Like opening your toilet and Oprah jumps out of the wall with a bucket of spinach and yells "It's me, Mickey Mouse!"

I should too. Too bad it's hard as nails to find. At least it was for me. And I'm still missing a few episodes to find.

I mean I have difficulty telling yellow apart from white, unless you use a LOT of yellow or a painfully bright yellow.
    Yeah. My last few attempts doing that weren't all that fun. Plus that's assuming I can draw four-legged animals on paper better
    Sounds interesting, might try it.

I don't quite recall, since he doesn't even hire you in New Leaf, but I'm sure he says, "Alright, you're not making enough money, go free." or something like that. He's basically God. maybe that's why Rover and he appeared in the same image when I did the thingies.

New page up! Fun story about it, but I'm exhausted right now.