Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Oh, so the classification isn't the powers themselves, but what one could accomplish with them?

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Oh, so the classification isn't the powers themselves, but what one could accomplish with them?
    Definitely one way to think of it.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Hrm, have you made me curious? Yes, yes you have. Reserve me for a neutral or two, I have an idea already.

Name: (I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS I DON'T EVEN!!) Clydus 'Corkscrew' Lomota
    Side: Neutral.
    Rank: Absolutely undisputed and utterly beloved king of himself, with totally nonexistent competition. (Full title).

Appearance: Corkscrew looks somewhat odd: Mr. Lomota is a demolitions expert, so naturally he has a hard hat on his head at all times. Outside of that, He wears a buff that covers his face, leaving his eyes exposed (Sandstorms are a pain in the neck), and wears Perscription Go-go goggles to make sure he isn't blinded. He has a brown and ragged leather jacket, which has a lot of pockets, and a thick set of jeans, as well as sturdy boots. He also has a brown backpack on, just in case: He's generally targeted due to his expertise in blowing up s**t to hell, so he's found himself on the run for a while. He's got a pistol on his person ready and available at all times, and the always-reliable hunting rifle is typically on his back for convenience purposes.

Clydus himself is a tall, lanky and thin fellow, at least 6-foot-9 (He's had jokes on the exact numerical value of his height), which is highly unexpected for a Brute. He doesn't look very physically intimidating in terms of muscle, which helps disguise the fact he's a Brute. Clydus has deeply tanned skin, giving him a nice bronze hair color. Clydus is clean-shaven, though his black hair is decicively long for his age. He's got fairly beady eyes, a subtle nose, and a somewhat shrunken mouth, though like you'd see that. Clydus has black eyes.

Personality: Clydus seems cocky at a glance: He's fairly confident in his abilities and will not waste time bragging about them. He's definitely a social creature, though hardly the nicest person ever due to his cocky personality (if you didn't guess by his self-proclaimed title). He's somewhat standoffish, though not impulsive, and thankfully has some kind of head on his shoulders. He rarely worries about anything, and in general, seems to underestimate his foes and overestimate himself.

This is a relative lie. He's not a very manipulative person, but he says what he does explicitly to make people mad, weak, vulnerable, and generally unable to function at a higher level of thinking. Whist he appears to underestimate the danger of the threats and foes he may encounter, he's fully aware how bad they are and is typically competent enough to act upon his knowledge. Whist he brags, he never showcases, which makes people in for a rude surprise if they expect him to have feet of clay (so to speak), and he generally uses generic terms to describe what he has to make the details all the more of a shock to others. In short, albeit he is not a true manipulative ba****d, he is still capable of screwing with you, if you let him get to your head. Granted, he definitely is the competetive person he makes himself out to be, and albeit he isn't above getting dirty, he likes fighting fair. On that note, he also likes explosives, which is why he's currently a demolitions expert. He can't arm missiles, but he can shoot fireworks and knows how to work C4 and other such explosives. He is also a fairly good shot with both of his guns, and he's got a Blue Belt in Judo.

He's got a nasty phobia of Spiders. Also needles, but that's a common one, isn't it?

In terms of the conflict that troubles Orre, he leans towards the Organization, namely because Cipher has the unfortunate habit of antagonizing Clydus during attempted recruitment, but getting involved in this War is simply not his style. He doesn't like killing (he will if he must, but he does so with relative hesitation). The only reason he's staying in Orre at all is because he's got barely any money to hire a ship that's safe from Tentacruel/Jellicent attacks, and he's not exactly getting a paycheck when he's running for saftey. If he gets the money to get a boat and get away, he's gone. Maybe with a friend or two that he knows well, but he'd leave that war behind in a heartbeat if he could, as of right now...But who knows what could happen to him that could make him change his mind?

History: Admittantly, Clydus doesn't have the most interesting back story ever. Clydus was born to average-wealth people in Pyrite Town, and lived there for most of his life until the 1st Cluster broke out, when he was 22, a little while after he graduated. His life before then, aside from receiving half of his Pokemon Team, was relatively boring, to be honest: He went to school like a good student, got B's and C's like a fairly good student, and generally showed a fondness for his father's job, which was also a Demolitions expert. He graduated from High school, and started learning how to do his Father's job. He did get lucky in a lottery and won a very well-bred Blaziken, and did get his Pyrotechnics license and a job as a demolitions expert, but that was the limit of his noteworthy attributes.

When the 1st cluster hit, however, chaos ensured, and Corkscrew was right at the heart of it: People, people with powers, everywhere. Maybe not a crazy load of people, but definitely enough people to start a whole lot of truble, as people turned into Pokemon, caused earthquakes, and started smashing buildings (and those were not mutually inclusive events). Clydus, in a fit of hysteria at being caught in this mad chaos killed an approaching man (who didn't get gifted) with a thunderbolt, and after a few minutes of freaking out over killing a guy (and how he killed him), officially realized he could count himself in the camp of Parahumans. He did fry a guy, but outside of that, he found his powers relatively awesome. After realizing that his parents might have been in some kind of need, he ran back to his house to make sure he wasn't needed. Living on the outskirts of Pyrite Town, his parents were exempt from the Cluster's range, which didn't help matters when a brute came crashing in, though Clydus managed to get the Brute away from his family before any more dying could happen. Clydus, with his ability to fry people with thunderbolts, the ability to take hits like a freaking tank, and the ability to null powers (which was realized in an off time), was a great defense for his then-wounded parents, before order started to be restored by the forces of the Organization, while he got everything in order to send them off to Hoenn. His Parents simply did not deserve to be caught up in that, and Clydus assumed he could sneak aboard to rejoin them.

Clydus thought wrong, and was quickly caught and brought back to Orre by the sailors. They didn't appreciate stowaways, no matter how super-powered.

Unfortunately, Cipher wanted his talents in blowing stuff up for their own efforts, and the Lab wanted that same talent as well. Clydus, adamantly refusing to join either side and get himself killed, and nly wanting the moeny to get on a boat, fled Pyrite Town for Gaeton Port, attempting to find a job for his talents, then fleeing again when Cipher started getting aggressive for their old HQ (before realizing it was a radioactive wasteland). He's traveled around Orre at this point, refusing to take a side and having killed both sides of the conflict. It never got easier to kill, though this has hardly stopped him from killing members of both sides of the conflict. He's currently residing in the Cipher Laboratory, alone as far as he knows, though is likely to leave soon.

Pokemon:

Caliox the Hippopotas: Caliox is Clydus'es Pokemon, a birthday gift when he was 14. Albeit the Sand it spewed in combat was annoying to Clydus, he treasured Caliox as anybody woudl treasure their first Pokemon. Caliox is a stern and loyal friend to Clydus, though is generally stubborn in the thought that Clydus should join that nice Organization fighting those nasty Shadow-making scum. Pokemon Cannot read, so he doesn't know names. For that matter, Caliox can't speak: He's mute.

Brutaeus the Blaziken: Clydus got really lucky in a lottery, as Brutaeus is shiny, and also sports the extremely rare (and prized) Speed Boost ability. As expected from such a prized and rare breed, Brutaeus is a prideful and sometimes cocky fighter, though oftentimes it's justifiably so. Brutaeus is Clydus'es go-to Pokemon in case of a straight-up fight, as even higher-ranking Brutes have difficulty surviving Brutaeus'es blows for long.

Shoroto the Skarmory: If Clydus needs to get anywhere fast, he picks Shoroto. An annoying buzzard he managed to flip off and subsequently capture, Shoroto is a steely-eyed killer, who has blind loyalty to her master. It's mixed attacks make it excellent air support, picking off threats from above while stopping the same from her opposition. Being one of the more durable flying types around helps immensely in keeping alive and keeping her master safe while he rides her.

Machina the Porygon-Z: After blowing up some Cipher a**holes and an electronics store they , Clydus took a PokeBall from the wreckage and found this inside. As expected for a machine, it's a highly analytical Pokemon, who occasionally points out the obvious. Due to his programming, he occasionally spazzes out into a more hyperactive persona who spews out gibberish at a fast rate, though this only appears in the material plane. Machina is an expert at hacking computers, though naturally most computers have blocks for Porygon-based hacking if they have any decent hack protection to begin with...Machina does not understand Pokemon language, though is completely ready to spew out spanish. Did I mention he only speaks spanish? The english-speaking Clydus is trying to find a way to fix that...

Etchelon the Duskinor: Found in the same pile of rubble Machina was, Etchelon is a highly impatient and easily irritated ghost that simply cannot sit still. Etchelon's ghostly abilities make him useful for stealth issues, if Etchelon can supress his urges.

Orcia the Dewgong: Orcia is a recent capture off the coast of Gaeton port. How a creature suited to colder climates got anywhere near Orre is Clydus'es guess, but he's not complaining. Orcia carves a niche as the team's oceanic explorer, going in one of the few environments that Shoroto is completely incompatible with, water. She's no slouch in combat, though, packing powerful Ice and Water type attacks. She's relatively mild and quiet.

Powers:

Trump: 10. Clydus'es best abilities come from the fact he can really screw with other powers. By using variations of what he describes as 'Null' or 'Amp' shots (denoted by Purple or Orange orbs of energy, respectively), Clyde can easily and almost totally reduce anyone's Paranormal abilities to nigh nonexistence, or amp them up to become triply potent-granted, such powerful shots drain him severely, so Clydus prefers to use these powers as more modest buffs or debuffs. He's noticed these shots have a reduced effect on Pokemon (25% effectiveness approximately), but still work on Pokemon, though he'd need powerful shots on them to make it work, making it mostly ineffective. On that note, Clydus also has an ability to copy powers for a brief while (denoted by a Green pulse of energy), which requires someone to hit and someone else to receive (menaing Clydus may not be the guy getting new powers), but that is a particularly exhausting shot and prone to wearing out quickly, at its strongest, 15 yards from Clydus. It also takes away the natural power-set of any parahuman until the shot's effects wear off. On the other hand, the guy who got hit will be devoid of all powers until the shot's effects wear off as well. As a note, whoever gets the powers does not get an instruction manual on how to use the new powers. All of these shots deteriorate in effect as time goes on (assuming a successful attack), and a fully-charged shot with half of Clydus'es energy reserves, which is his max for said blasts, lasts for 15 minutes. Aside from these pulses, he is also immune to any form of Trump that targets him...Any form he wants to be immune to, anyways. He can amplify other forms of Trump used against him as well, or even invert them if need be, nulls turning to buffs for instance. Don't try to Trump his Trump, you'll fail. Badly.

Blaster: 6. Aside from the previously mentioned Trump Powers, Clydus also has fairly effective Blasts. They are fairly powerful for a rank six, though the blasts are ONLY electricity-based. Clydus has three variants: A straight and direct bolt, very fast and very precise; a sphere of electrical energy that can be lobbed forward and explodes (he got inspiration from inFAMOUS here); or a very close range spread of electrical sparks, which is lethal against even the toughest of foes at point blank range and maybe a meter out, but rarely further. A fully-charged shot is 50% of his energy, but a shot that can reliably kill a standard human is around 7%. This gives him approximately 14 'bullets' to use. His energy reserves for moving and typical human function are unrelated to one another. A stronger shot means better results (fully charges bolts can be used as long-range Anti-Armor, fully-charged Grenades can decimate a building, and fully charged spreads are 2-meter cones of death), but in all honesty, he's better off with typical bullets, as recharging the energy to full takes 25 minutes-in case of long fights, this means he has to be picky as to how he uses this power. The energy he uses for these powers also includes his Trump Powers. The shots do have a slight homing effect, though do pewter out after a distance: The strongest bolt he can make does inefficient damage to kill at 120 meters, and the standard bolt cannot kill beyond 40 meters. Grenades don't pewter out (they explode long before then), but Clydus can't get past 25 meters with his throws of the Grenades at an optimal arc; grenade proximity is about 8 meters at max charge and 3 at typical. Spreads can't go further than 2 meters in a 45 degree cone ahead of him, and typical spreads are less than 1 meter.

Brute: 5. Clydus'es ability to bring hits is...Lacking, as far as Brute powers are concerned, though still fairly above human standards and capable of taking down Rank 1 and 2-strength brutes with reliable ease, punch through wooden doors, lift things his weight with ease...But he'd only be rank 2 himself for his offensive strength, had it not been for his utterly ridiculous defensive game. He's outright invulnerable to small arms fire, and he can take one point-blank Shotgun blast to the chest or a tank shell and remain conscious (Granted, two is too much for him to remain conscious for, and three is a guaranteed kill if they all hit the same location).

Other: (NARPH I STOLE THE MOON!!...Nah, just joking.)
    Last edited by The Nonexistent Tazz; 01-13-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

4. This post has been liked by:

Woot, I evolved! :'D

Death, for the Pokemon, are they limited to the basic 4 moves? I honestly prefer an unlimited movepool, but, this is your RP and I'm just merely curious. :D

Jolteon owns all other eeveelutions~ ;D

Noivern: 1091
    ♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
    Check out my GCeA Stats here!|Check out my ASBL Stats here!|My Breeding Center!

I find the four move limit to be something that keeps the games fresh and interesting. I find them, however, to be arbitrary and very boooooooring in a story. Pokemon can use any moves on their Veekun page.

Tazz, Clydus looks pretty good. You'll need to bump him up to Trump 10 (because he really does essentially define Trumps), and knock him down to Brute 5 or 4. It won't change how tough he is, but the relative lack of strength would hurt his score.
    Last edited by Death's Spook; 01-13-2014 at 04:17 AM.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Banner by Neo Emolga!

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Spook View Post
    Tazz, Clydus looks pretty good. You'll need to bump him up to Trump 10 (because he really does essentially define Trumps), and knock him down to Brute 5 or 4. It won't change how tough he is, but the relative lack of strength would hurt his score.
    OK, that's been done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    OK, that's been done.
    Cool. But I must confess, I am reluctant to accept you because DAMMIT TAZZ I MADE THE RULE AGAINST STEALING THE MOON SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU, BUT YOU DIDN'T-

Oh. You were joking. Never mind. You're accepted once I edit my first post.

Also, I'm allowing swearing here. I specifically warned the easily offended/impressionable, so I don't think it's too much of a concern.

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Hey Death, I have one question about one of the powers a person may have and that is: Striker. Is this like, for instance, a Pokemon having Poison Touch, in which if they touch you they can do harm to you biologically/mentally? Is that what the power does or does it do something completely different than what I'm assuming?

Jolteon owns all other eeveelutions~ ;D

Noivern: 1091
    ♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
    Check out my GCeA Stats here!|Check out my ASBL Stats here!|My Breeding Center!

The Striker classification covers any effect that takes place by physical contact or point blank range. If you have tactile telekinesis, that would be a Striker power. If you turn normal dogs into horrifying mutants on contact, that's a Striker power. If you can modify the biology of anything you touch, that's a Striker power.

Banner by Neo Emolga!

12. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Spook View Post
    Cool. But I must confess, I am reluctant to accept you because DAMMIT TAZZ I MADE THE RULE AGAINST STEALING THE MOON SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU, BUT YOU DIDN'T-

Oh. You were joking. Never mind. You're accepted once I edit my first post.

Also, I'm allowing swearing here. I specifically warned the easily offended/impressionable, so I don't think it's too much of a concern.
    OF COURSE I WAS JOKING. Why would I steal what I already own, after all? :D

Anyways, when will this kick off?

14. This post has been liked by: