Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    On Top of the World BisharpBlade's Avatar

๑๑๑ THE SPRITING CONTEST OF RANDOMNESS ๑๑๑

๑๑๑ The Spriting Contest of Randomness ๑๑๑

I'm starting another contest because I can :P

๑ Overview ๑

Every week, ten contestants participate in a series of challenges that I give. The worst performing contestant after each challenge will be eliminated. For the first two challenges, four of the worst performing contestants will be cut. Single elimination rounds begin by Challenge 3. Those who fail to turn in their entries are disqualified.

The top three last users standing will be given trophies.

The challenges will consist of four random Pokemon sprites I will post from a random generator. Your goal is to fuse them together into one sprite. And send them to ME THROUGH A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

However, I'll be giving a twist.
    These twists can include themes, holidays, or a certain type of spriting style. Big points are given to those who can take advantage of the twist to its greatest value within the sprite. So be on guard so what I may throw at you!

๑ Judging ๑

Judges:
    Me, Intel, and {none}

Three judges (including me) will be grading based on creativity, skill, and originality. A number out of ten (the average of our three scores out of ten) will be presented to you during judging day after a weekly challenge.

All three of us will be offering commentary to why we gave you that score. We'll have the typical "first place to last place" order in one post. And at the bottom of the page, I'll be declaring an official announcement of who is eliminated for that week.

Forms to be a judge are available below. Those who apply must post three quality sprites that show their best work. I'll decide then.

Username:

Why you want to be a judge:

Sprites:

๑ How to Join ๑

Here is a form for participation.

Username:

Why you want to join:

Other:

๑ Rules ๑

1. All PXR rules apply

2. No spamming, flaming, trolling etc.

3. Be a good sport

4. Say committed as best as you can

5. Have fun!

*As proof you read the rules add "Random" in the "Other" section of your form

๑ Contestants ๑

1. Suicune's Fire

2. Dragon Master

3. Canadian Palkia

4. SLC

5. Friday

6. Rampaging Rayquaza

7. Lightning Dash

8. The Frost Dragon

9. Blaquaza

10. [empty ):]

(The contest shall begin when all ten spots are filled)

๑ Archive ๑

(Coming Soon)

Username: Suicune's Fire

Why you want to join: Because I can? xD

Other: Random!

~SF.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Username: Dragon Master

Why you want to join: Well, i'm not very good at spriting, but the only way i can get better at spriting is to make more sprites. That and this sounds like fun.

Other: Random.

Okay I added both of you to the list. 8 more spots available folks!

Inside my mind, trying to grasp the reality of the world
    Username: Canadian Palkia

Why you want to join: I dropped out of your other contest and I love to sprite.

Other: Fandom! wait wut? oh, random.

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    Username: SLC

Why you want to join: I want to test my skills since I haven't sprited in a long time. I'm probably not great, but it should be interesting.

Other: Bit of a random thing to put on a form...
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

YAY MOAR PEOPLE!

I have a question. Let's say the ten spots don't get filled. If we morph into our alter-egos and then sign up as them, does that count as more people?

xDD

~SF.

Yeah it has been slightly irritating me on why we don't have more people. I wish spriting was bigger here. It somewhat makes me disappointed :( I even posted an announcement not long ago encouraging people to join. I'll start the contest once two to three more people sign up. Until then we have to wait, I'll try making more members aware of this thread's existence.

Mkay. :] I think, I dunno...it seems people these days aren't as interested in spriting and art in general as they used to be. Same with writing stories. Back when Pe2k still existed and was active a few years ago, the sprite section was filled to the brim with spriters who posted and sprited daily, and the story section introduced a new story every few days, which was amazing. But now if people go there and post things, it's rare that things will get read or critiqued, which is sad. :c Then again, we don't have that many active members so I suppose it's just a lack of traffic at this point.

~SF.

Inside my mind, trying to grasp the reality of the world
    Kinda reminds me of Pokestadium. Go there about 5 months back and the pokecreator would be full to the brim with new creations. Now all it takes to get #1 weekly is 20 or 30 likes, which is kinda pathetic. Don't ask me how Johan feels now that his site is kind of a dead website. Hardly anyone ever even goes there anymore.

11. This post has been liked by: