Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Heyyy Sabi! Mind reserving Ho-Oh for me?

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Socratic Sarcasm View Post
    This is me, reserving Uxie. I'll get an SU up soon. I think I'm recycling Doc for this one, actually.
    Pokemon version of Doc? I approve, I approve greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Maynot View Post
    Hey, could I reserve Latias for this? I'll try to get an SU up by tomorrow, if not, Sunday or Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Heyyy Sabi! Mind reserving Ho-Oh for me?
    You are both reserved. =D

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    Pokemon version of Doc? I approve, I approve greatly.
    Really? 'Cuz last I checked, no one likes Doc. And if they do, I've failed my mission. :D

Name: Dr. Gregory Matthew "Doc" Xanatos
    Age: Low-Mid 20s (Only Doc knows for sure. He's off the grid)
    Role: Freelancer
    Appearance:
    Doc stands at just above 190 cm (6'2"). His hair is naturally a dirty blonde and inflates when it grows; however, he has it cut very short and colored the remains jet black. He has a strong square jaw and a mostly circular face, with hazelish eyes. He has broad shoulders and well defined muscles, and he does not have much excess mass. Any of his very slightly tanned skin that you can see on him is covered in very faint scars and faded bruises.

However, his body is usually concealed by a clean black shirt and black gym pants. On top of those, he wears a cost that looks like a lab coat with long sleeves, only black (not to mention with lots of inside pockets and lined with Kevlar on the inside). He tends to walk with the gait of someone who is unremarkable, gaze downward. However, his eyes and ears are always perked, and he seems almost hyperaware of his surroundings.

Personality:
    Doc's the kind of guy who hums Vivaldi while thinking of surfaces in Nth dimensional space and working out the reagents needed to produce a given product via an SN2 mechanism to ensure the integrity of the chirality of said product. He excels in taking little bits of information to get more information, and generally speaking enjoys using twisty (if sound) logic to understand everything he can about his surroundings. He can deduce many details from the smallest of discrepancies (and even detect lies via physical signs), and use that ability to cover his tracks very thoroughly if need be. His sheer creativity in applying his knowledge make people suspect he's not wholly sane. He has a near religious devotion to learning and knowledge and intelligence, and therefore tends to think of most people as stupid. However, while proving intelligence to him is just this side of impossible, he's aware of the height of these standards, and will have enormous respect for anyone who can prove their brains.

That said, dealing with Doc is generally an excercise in using dwindling patience to restrain growing homicidal tendencies with increasing difficulty. His uncomplimentary views on most people's intelligences mean that the line between "hearing him talk" and "being treated like a 6 year old" is very thin. He almost seems to revel in being as insulting as possible, and worse, he can even insult others without meaning to. He almost has a talent for saying the worst possible thing at the worst possible time, and doing it every time (if you know which author I stole that line from, I bestow upon you all the Internet cookies). In fact, if wasn't for the fact that he's just that useful, the Freelancers would have probably left him to ENDoS, Mark or no. The only redeeming part of his insults is that while he may insult someone about the same thing 5 times, he does it in five different (and quite funny) ways, to the point where sometimes a victim will want to punch him, but can't because they're laughing too hard.

However, despite being a general jerk, Doc is highly competent. He has plans for every letter in the English alphabet, plus several from the Greek one as well. His plans tend to run toward the viciously pragmatic, and can often cross moral lines, even though he's nominally one of the good guys. As his trade is medicine, he is highly competent at making injuries decrease in severity, even though he may be mocking the patient throughout. He is extremely skilled at brawling, and quite a good shot. His paranoia has led him to learn extensive psychic defense at the hands of Deep Blue (the Metagross he hangs around with), so a psychic trying to subvert him will find a nasty surprise waiting. His various plans tend to cover quite a lot of situations, realistic and otherwise ("I don't have a zombie apocalypse plan. I have 17 of them. A personal low, granted..."), but they tend to be quite airtight.

Although the stereotype of "stoic smart guy" appears to be in full force with Doc, who has excellent control over his emotions, he in reality feels quite deeply. He does care for his fellow human beings (and even more so Pokemon); even if he delights in being mean to them, he tries to avoid anything that would genuinely bring someone to harm. Conversely, when he hates, he hates with a passion that is somewhere between Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He is ruthlessly dedicated to the destruction of ENDoS for reasons that anyone with eyes can tell clearly transcends their cruelty towards Pokemon, but he's definitely not speaking about it.

History:
    Doc's early history is almost completely unknown. He knows it, and no one else does. No one knows him by his given, middle, or family name: everyone just calls him Doc, as per his request. He clearly has a deep knowledge of many things (and his knowledge of the body is thorough enough that it's easy to tell he's been to medical school), but he won't reveal where he learned them. He's taken special precautions to obliterate any mention of him or anyone matching his description in any database he could get his hands on.

What is known is that just before he joined the Freelancers, he began to suffer nightmares of panic. Not fear: genuine, mind crushing panic. The sheer terror that filled him on a nightly basis, about fleeing from implacable enemies, running every moment. Every dream was punctuated by a reflection of a Pokemon that Doc, in his knowledge of mythology, recognized as Uxie. And he was beseeching his help.

Doc was unaware of what he could do. Fortunately, he started to receive intuitions that he could do something by going to Snowpoint City and telling someone who asked about the dreams he'd been getting. While he at first doubted these intuitions, the fact that they only became stronger made him decide to indulge them. Long story short, he was inducted into the Freelancers, albeit after some...diplomatic difficulties.
    While no idiot deserves the moniker enough to put Doc in charge of actual people, he quickly became respected–if disliked–among the Freelancers. He established quickly that he is both a competent battler and an accomplished brawler (much to the dismay of many people whom Doc chose to offend). He's known for being a competent medic and a tinkerer of all sorts of toys (he's the one who figured out how to modify Pokeballs to immunize against power nullifiers), as well as being the go to guy for knowledge of a broad many things (even if people do not like to go to him).

Pokemon:

Artemis the Froslass (F): Artemis and Apollo are half siblings (check the egg groups, it does work) that Doc had as his first pokemon. Artemis can fight, but she prefers playing cloak and dagger assassin. She can lash out if overly threatened though, or if Doc/Apollo are in trouble.

Apollo the Togekiss (M): Apollo is Artemis's half brother, and is the more level headed of the siblings. He's generally quite calm, and is probably the only sane one of the team, trainer included.

Deep Blue the Metagross: Doc clearly raised Deep Blue from a small Beldum, quite probably a newborn. The reason for this deduction is simple: despite being the single most hardheaded creature in existence, Deep Blue is willing to defer to Doc like a child does to a parent. Deep Blue is smarter than the average Metagross too, having been raised by Doc. Convincing him to do something is something of an excercise in futility, though. Even Doc has lots of difficulty with it.

Athena the Rotom (usually W): Athena is quite calculating. While not as brutally smart as Deep Blue, she (she prefers female designation) is terrifyingly cunning and pragmatic. She does not prefer overt force, instead acting with subtlety and manipulation.

Mark (Uxie): Incredibly knowledgeable and smart, Doc is also able to make people forget minor memories that do not bear importance in the other’s mind.
    Signature Move: Extrasensory

Other: Doc has been using his mark ability unconsciously to appear inconspicuous by projecting an "aura of forgetfulness": people see him and forget him a second later unless he's doing something noticeable. It happens when he's scared, generally. He's working on making this more voluntary, though.

Two things:

One, if the nullifier thing is bothersome, I can edit it out.

Two: I can't be the only one thinking of interesting things happening between Doc and Jingka. They're either going to kill each other or bond over craziness.

Ahahahaha I knew you'd look at Jingka. XD
    Yes, intellectual shenanigans will ensue. Doc is accepted.

If anyone else is done, let me know, so I can officially accept stuff and what not.

I'm working on my second character now, I'll let you know when I update!

Hmm... Well, I think I'll give RPing another shot here! :D

But I'm going to go against the trend here and sign up as a ENDoG--to throw in plenty of gray area, bwahahaha!

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Ahahahaha I knew you'd look at Jingka. XD
    Yes, intellectual shenanigans will ensue. Doc is accepted.
    I took the liberty of making him younger because then I can make him act even less maturely (Yes. This is possible.) when it comes to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratic Sarcasm View Post
    I took the liberty of making him younger because then I can make him act even less maturely (Yes. This is possible.) when it comes to people.
    I think my brain just exploded with how ridiculous Jingka vs Doc debates are going to be.

I think my brain just exploded with how ridiculous Jingka vs Doc debates are going to be.
    I anticipate it with glee. It's going to be hilarious. XD

I imagine everyone's eyes bouncing back and forth as things like,"But if you generalize the Klein bottle to the 4th dimension via induction and put it in R5 then you can clearly see that single sided hyperspaces do exist!"

Ah, jeez. Char's already confused xD

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame