Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG Staff

I usually get junk from packs, though one time I did get a foil Ulamog, the Infinite Gye. Followed by a regular Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre a few packs later. There was also a FNM where I got Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Hero's Downfall, Boon Satyr, (maybe Thoughseize?), and some other stuff totalling about $80. That was actually the Friday before XY came out. Another someone sold me their three prize packs and I got Kiora, the Crashing Wave and a Courser of Kruphix.

Usually not so good though.
    URPG Stats
    PWN/BMG Ash K.; AIM MewAshMew
    URPG Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

Some of you guys might find this amusing...

The guild that'd I'd apparently most fit in with is Rakdos followed by Boros, Izzet, and Gruul.
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
    Fire finds its form in the heat of the forge.

Levi of Sapphire! Reggie of Emerald

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
    Some of you guys might find this amusing...

The guild that'd I'd apparently most fit in with is Rakdos followed by Boros, Izzet, and Gruul.
    Ya I remember that quiz. The quiz's answers were way too obvious in which clans they were to be from. lol
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

While I was at my local comic book store this summer, I was introduced to MTG. Having not played Yugioh and Pokemon in years, I was interested in what MTG was all about and I started playing. My first deck I bought was The Born of The Gods Arbiter Ideal deck (Black/Blue) since I liked the Dimir playing style concept. Along with Dimir, I'm also a huge fan of the Rakdos style and I've been building different decks, mainly with Black as one of the colors in the deck. Once I get the 2015 Black Commander deck for Christmas, I'll swap some of the cards in it with some of my others to make a semi-decent devotion to black deck. I'm also a sucker for Demon cards with no terrible drawback so I especially hope to add to my collection of those.

The Unforgotten
    I really love MTG, just don't play it that often. I bought the same deck that Jace uses in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 and mixed it with my Devouring Skies (New Phyrexia Intro Pack) deck. So I use a blue/black hybrid, focusing on both players drawing an insane amount of cards per turn (while requiring you to throw away of course to stay at the hand limit).
    The more cards in the opponents graveyard, the stronger my cards. Also filled with many counter spells and even MORE cards than can make my opponent draw up to around 10 cards in a single turn (seriously, that's ridiculous), 9 out of 10 wins I have is because the opponent can no longer draw.

Defensive power is low though, so there's the drawback. =(

Yes, Dimir agents unite....! (in secrecy)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I really love MTG, just don't play it that often. I bought the same deck that Jace uses in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 and mixed it with my Devouring Skies (New Phyrexia Intro Pack) deck. So I use a blue/black hybrid, focusing on both players drawing an insane amount of cards per turn (while requiring you to throw away of course to stay at the hand limit).
    The more cards in the opponents graveyard, the stronger my cards. Also filled with many counter spells and even MORE cards than can make my opponent draw up to around 10 cards in a single turn (seriously, that's ridiculous), 9 out of 10 wins I have is because the opponent can no longer draw.

Defensive power is low though, so there's the drawback. =(
    Wow, a windfall deck? I never got to try that. I attempted to collect the cards necessary for that but I gave up due to bankruptcy ;_; (I seem to have bad luck trying to find Wight of Precinct Six and Mind Grinds.)

The Unforgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
    Yes, Dimir agents unite....! (in secrecy)

Wow, a windfall deck? I never got to try that. I attempted to collect the cards necessary for that but I gave up due to bankruptcy ;_; (I seem to have bad luck trying to find Wight of Precinct Six and Mind Grinds.)
    Sadly, no Windfall =(

I DO however have...

Dreamborn Muse
    Vedalken Entrancer
    Impaler Shrike
    Cephalid Broker x2
    Font of Mythos x2
    Howling Mine x2
    Crippling Chill
    Darkslick Drake
    Scroll Thief
    Wheel and Deal
    Telemin Performance
    Into the Roil x2
    Jace's Erasure x2
    Visions of Beyond
    Thought Scour x3
    Mind Sculpt x2

And of course some random creatures strewn about here and there. When played right, the combination of Jace's Erasure, Howling Mine and Font of Mythos alone has me drawing 4 cards at the beginning of my turn and having my opponent discard 4. Add all the other little cards in there such as Mind Sculpt (discard 7 cards) and matches can fly by.

Like all other card games however, it's very dependent on the luck of the draw. I still need some cards in there that allow me to search my deck for certain cards, without it it's pretty luck based.

Windfall would be amazing synergy with Jace's Erasure though, throw away your hand, take new cards and have the opponent discard even MORE xD

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Anybody excited for Fate Reforged?

Manifest is like...the worst mechanic I've seen in years. >.>
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I have a coworker at my job that convinced me to get back into MTG. Seems like they've changed quite a bit, but not to the point where I don't think I could get back into it. He's big into Commander decks, so I'm going to try to get into that.

Just ordered the 2014 Green Commander deck from Amazon and will probably give it a test drive. But if you guys have any modding recommendations, I'm all ears. I need to get back up to speed after being out of the loop for about... yikes, fifteen years now. XD

10. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Guys, we got a veteran!