Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Upcoming Movies and Movie Trailers Discussion

Any upcoming movies you're interested in seeing after watching a movie trailer or reading about in an article? Anything you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole?

I saw the trailer for Agent 47 and I've got to say, I'm interested in that one. I've never played the Hitman video games, but even so, the movie alone looks like one of those kinds of action flicks that doesn't need prior knowledge to appreciate the movie. I like a great, suspenseful action movie, and this one looks promising on that front. Usually movies based on video games don't do so well, but as long as they respect and build off of the source material, I think it can pull off a win.

On the other hand, I saw the trailer for Pixels (twice, in fact), and I have a distinct feeling the critics are going to blow that one to pieces (I'd be VERY surprised if it's rottentomatoes rating goes any higher than 10%). The concept is just ridiculous, the humor seems extremely cheesy, and the action... just... please. I don't know why stuff like this gets funded.

Haven't seen the Agent 47 trailer, but my brother loves the Hitman games so he'll probably want to see it. Yeah, Pixels...apparently was taken by Adam Sandler and he changed everything so he could be in it. He probably ruined it. xD

I think there was something I was keen for...I can't really remember, though. xD

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Haven't seen the Agent 47 trailer, but my brother loves the Hitman games so he'll probably want to see it. Yeah, Pixels...apparently was taken by Adam Sandler and he changed everything so he could be in it. He probably ruined it. xD

I think there was something I was keen for...I can't really remember, though. xD
    Agent 47 Trailer

Ah, I didn't know that about Pixels. Yeah, wouldn't be the first time Sandler has train-wrecked a movie. He did make a few funny ones, including Billy Madison and I even thought Grown-Ups was decent and chuckle-worthy, but Pixels just makes me want to cringe.

Other trailers I recently saw:

The Gift - Strange and creepy. Not really my kind of thing, so I think I can pass this one up. Might watch if it ever hits Netflix.

Vacation - Red Band Trailer - I saw the original National Lampoons Vacation, which was decent, but I'm... not too crazy about what they're doing with this remake.

:] I think it will either be really good or really bad. I'm hoping for really good seeing as there will be two sequels and three spin-off films. :)
    - URPG -

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrkagias View Post
    :] I think it will either be really good or really bad. I'm hoping for really good seeing as there will be two sequels and three spin-off films. :)
    Yeah, I'm hoping it's good too, because it's been a roller-coaster ride with some of these Star Wars movies. :P

I don't think George Lucas will ever be forgiven for Jar Jar. XD