Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Magic: The Gathering

So as a few of you might know, lately I've become a huge nerd for the trading card game, Magic: the Gathering. It's been around for awhile, and it's been the inspiration for a lot of the other big TCG's we have nowadays, namely Yu-Gi-Oh.

So, are any of you guys also nerds for MTG? If so, what decks do you run? Favorite formats? Favorite colors? Guild? Shard? Set? Anything else on the subject you wanna share?

As for myself, my current Standard deck is B/U mill (with some green splashed for Deathrite shaman), though I am building some others currently. I also have an Esper-colored lifegain deck for commander, and I'm building another commander deck based around Rosheen Meanderer. As far as guilds and shards go, I love the guild of Selesnya, and Naya and Jund are my favorite shards.

I used to play Magic ALL THE TIME!
    But I've stopped recently. The last deck I used was a crazy Elves deck with a splash of black. It was based around Ezuri Renegade Leader and it wrecked.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I am a magic fan. However I don't have much chances to play any more. I finished school four months ago, and don't see my magic playing friends much any more.

I prefer red, though I like my Mono Black deck. The broken combo of Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood haha

I just got back into playing it again. I'm not all that good like the rest of my friends though. I love red but lately blue green has been giving me some good luck.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    I'm a big limited fan myself. I draft pretty often because of that.

I play basically everything, and have no set deck at any given time.

Standard decks I'm toying with right now:
    Bant Control
    UR Scry
    GB Rock

Modern decks:
    UB Faeries
    Soul Sisters
    Melira Pod
    Zoo

Legacy:
    Dredge
    Elfball

Commander:
    Captain Sisay
    Kaalia of the Vast
    Derevi, the guy that untaps things
    Jeleva, the girl that everyone hates because she exiles your library
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar
    I've played MTG for quite a while now. Although I'm not very serious, I'm more about the fun so I usually just play with friends. I just identify my decks by color. I have a:

Black/Blue
    White/Blue
    Red/Black (Probably worst)
    Green/Red (Best)
    Blue/Green (Very new)

Aaaand I also have my infect deck which is the only deck where I purchased the individual cards.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I used to play MTG, but I stopped around the days of Tempest (1997). Those Tempest packs were probably the last ones I got. I imagine so much has probably changed since then.

I still have the cards, but I haven't touched them in years. Makes me wonder if they're actually worth anything, though I have no clue how I would go about getting cash out of selling them.

My friend want to get me into it. I'm willing to give it a try. I used to be pleasantly good at games like this back in the day.

Owner of Radio Whirlwind: Pokemon Music Radio

I used to play very frequently among friends, but they all got their degrees so once they left I haven't played at all. My favourite deck is Red/White or Red/White/Green. Although I did have good luck playing Red/Black as well. I never mastered the finer parts of the game so I was pretty reliant on Red lol. My worst deck was White/Blue and I don't think I ever won a game with it.
    And the people you love
    But you didn't quite know
    They're the places that you wanted to go
    ASB stats

Unovan Dark trainer and breeder Maddox's Avatar
    Me and my friends play occasionally, mostly just casually amongst ourselves. I'm a big fan of the Izzet League and the Dimir, though I have a Simic deck that's a lot of fun, too.

My favorite decks include my life deck (white, all about gaining and keeping ludicrous amounts of life), my werewolf deck (red/green and tons of fun!), a Dimir inspired mill deck (B/U), and my Izzet burn deck (R/U).
    Friend code: 2638-1886-4182
    Maddox's Shiny List