URPG Staff

Future Hold (Story in Making ; Preview Thread)

I'm sure this thread seems pointless by now right? Wrong, this is actually just a start off I like to do before I get to writing my stories, especially since I don't have much time tonight. Anyways moving on, this is based on a dream I had last night that is imprinted in my mind. To give you a brief tl;dr version of the dream before I adapt it into the story form, here's the basic detail:

It's sometime into the future, when? i can't really tell, I'll figure something out later on. The world has been corrupted by a virus, and is slowly dying. Many humans fled on space ships and got out to the other colonizations. However, three weren't so lucky. Each inhabiting at least 200 people, crashed into an unknown planet. Some died, but not too much to know. This planet was in fact livable on, but strange things started happening. Most started growing fur, some grew longer hair and other strange details. But, Pokemon also existed here. Humans could turn into a creatures similar to Pokemon, and some fought.

My dream ended here. I am going to definitely come up with something based off this. I remember a lot of the details, so don't doubt me on getting a story written for this. If you have any ideas or possibly want to be a character (human or even a Pokemon) feel free to ask.

More will be edited soon such as a chapter guide, a FAQ Section, and more to come.

Ugh we really need an Author's Corner for threads like this. xD I appreciate you wanting to post your story, but we really don't encourage people to post threads unless there's an actual story yet.

That being said, there's no alternative right now, so I won't get down your throat about it. xD I do like this idea. C: It's interesting. It'll be cool to see what you do with it. :D Hope you get to post something soon.

~SF.

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Ugh we really need an Author's Corner for threads like this. xD I appreciate you wanting to post your story, but we really don't encourage people to post threads unless there's an actual story yet.
    Perhaps a sticky thread entitled "Author's Corner" could suffice until something can be done about it on the Administrative level, if necessary?

(Sorry for not posting anything on topic, just wanted to contribute my two cents to that)

If an author's corner doesn't get the green light then I'll probably make a thread, but good idea. :D Thanks for the input. You're smart for a plushie.

Lighting, would you prefer this to be a thread based on the discussion of your ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
    Perhaps a sticky thread entitled "Author's Corner" could suffice until something can be done about it on the Administrative level, if necessary?

(Sorry for not posting anything on topic, just wanted to contribute my two cents to that)
    There is actually a thread in the groups section (.::The Writer's Guild::.) that was founded for this reason--since we are unable at this time to create an "Author's Corner".

So, Lightning Dash--like Suicune's Fire mentioned we don't necessarily tolerate threads being posted that do not have actual content in them yet. If you wanted to make a "preview" thread, we would encourage you to write out a prologue or something along the lines of a sneak-peak of a future scene to introduce your topic.

We are currently brainstorming a thread for exactly this kind of situation, but--for now--If you wanted to share and discuss this idea, I would suggest going to the Writer's Guild (linked above) and testing the waters there :)

For now, I will be locking this thread--if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me :)
    Last edited by FedoraChar; 02-10-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

We now have an Author's Corner section! If you would like this thread opened up again, I can move it and unlock it. :]

~SF.