Thread: Tech Question

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Tech Question

So currently I am doing a Course on sound production, which revolves around mixing live and recorded sound as well as recording. I have decided to get a MacBook Pro, seeing as most of the computers we use at TAFE are macs, some of the software we use is mac exclusive, as well as I figure it will be heavily used outside of the course. Also that I can get a discount on a mac set up with all the software I need for the course. However I want to upgrade the ram from the base 4GB that comes with it.

I will be using the macbook at home for web browsing, IM, video chat, music and a bit of gaming, however I will also be using it for recording, mixing, editing etc once I get the equipment, hence my desire to upgrade the ram.

I have two options. I can either have 8gb of ram that is 1600MHz, or 16gb that is 1333MHz. So which would be better. More ram or frequency?

Thanks.

I don't know what's supposed to go here. Pokeman's Avatar
    Okay... I know I was gonna take technology 1 is Junior High, but I'm pretty much dying right now. *head explodes*

Are you going to be running many programs simultaneously? Even so, 8 gigs should be more than enough RAM, considering that I rarely use even close to 4 gigs on my Air.

It's probably cheaper, and a higher frequency sounds like something you'd need for sound production.
    URPG's Pewter Gym Leader! Challenge me sometime!

Credits to HikaruIzumi for the avatar.