Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your username

Your username

This thread is for discussing the meaning of your usernames. Surely your chosen online names have some sort of meaning behind them, right? Be it your favorite Pokemon or just a word you thought sounded nice. You can discuss names as well as comment on others' posts here, of course. :)

Typhlosion is my favorite Pokemon, and conveniently, Pokedex entries state that Typhlosion can cause huge explosions. And it rhymes. c:

I cosplay as Proto Man from the Mega Man series from time to time. "Protobabe" is what a few people at a convention/concert starting calling me, and it stuck ;)

I made it up as a name for an IRC script I wrote when I was about 12. Name stuck with me.

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    I made it up.

....I'm serious. The inspirational basis for this name came from space. It's a spin-off of "Astral", so I decided to play with the word, and all of a sudden, came up with this username!

Long story short, my best friend and I were bored one day and started to imagine our group of friends in a super hero filled world. We dubbed me as Commander Badass, and eventually for online stuff it was shortened to CommBA.

I fell in love with Charmander when I watched the anime way back when, so it's become one of my favorite Pokemon of all time.

The 009 actually came from the year I graduated high school, believe it or not--it actually has nothing to do with Cyborgs. ...For those of you old enough to remember that... Which I hope aren't many... Originally I intended to use Charmander09, but it was taken when I signed up for my first account on some random forum. SO I ADDED A ZERO AND IT WORKED 8D

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Well, with Mudkip being my favorite Pokemon, I guess there's no question as to how this username came about! xD Erm, for the Muddy part, I dunno - it was the first thing that came to mind with I thought of something to match Mudkip.
    URPG Stats|Author Profile|URPG Ranger|Shalour Gym Leader

..::learning through the downs; living for the ups::..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    It should be "Voltaire Megaton" which is a superhero from a TV series. I though it sounded cool, and with Pokemon touches, tada! Voltaire Magneton! xDD

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I wanted to have Cobalt On Pe2k but that was taken, and Cobalt on pe2k was inactive and therefore near impossible for me to contact and convince him to have it changed. So I did Cobalt Shadow. Now that PXR is open, there is no Cobalt, so I took the username.