Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar

What are your religious beliefs?

First off I would like to stress that here at PXR we respect each other's opinions. As such, any disrespectful comments will be reported. Arguing in this thread will lead to it's deletion.

Right, now that's out of the way...

I'm really interested in demographics (sad? yes) and PXR is no exception. As such, I was wondering what religions you guys are, or if you're non-religious (e.g. atheist, agnostic...). Is there any reason why? What do you like about your religion/lack of it?

Personally, I'm atheist. I'm not entirely sure why to be honest - I was brought up religious but I was never interested in it. I guess it's a bit like how some religious people say they "just believe" in their god(s). I just don't believe. However, I do draw extremely heavily on the teachings of Mahayana Buddhism, because I love the way it emphasises having a clear mind and being compassionate to others!

Nooooooooooooooo Bethan whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I hate these threeeeeeeeeeeadsssssssssss

I dunno. I don't know. xD I can't be bothered.

I consider myself Buddhist, although I don't follow everything perfectly I do believe in the values it teaches and identify with it very well! I did not believe I could ever label my beliefs but I just happened upon Buddhism and it basically met all of them. :)

I am not very vocal about my religious beliefs though, the majority of people I know aren't aware of it and it's more of a personal thing for me.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar
    Just the generic laid-back Catholic kid who eats fish on Fridays anyway. Nothing exciting.
    Last edited by The-Hydra; 02-23-2014 at 10:15 PM.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    I consider myself agnostic, even though I was baptised. I'm not really too fussed about any God or whatever, it's better to live a decent life and not worry about all that. If other people are religious, that's pretty cool too and since it doesn't affect me whether they are or not, I'm pretty tolerant of other people's religious beliefs.
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

Ah, religion. xD Here's a link to an old thread if you want to use it for data. But yeah, it's pretty outdated. We needed a new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of Mew View Post
    Personally, I'm atheist. I'm not entirely sure why to be honest - I was brought up religious but I was never interested in it. I guess it's a bit like how some religious people say they "just believe" in their god(s). I just don't believe.
    This about hits the nail on the head for me. I was raised protestant christian, but my family never really went to church all that often, and just stopped going when I was around 8. I never ditched my religious beliefs until much later though, when I was 13 (almost three years ago).

I went from christian to dystheist, to deist, to agnostic, then to Hellenism (only because my favorite video game character was a Hellenistic Greek), back to agnostic, to agnostic atheist, and then to atheist. All in one year. xD

But yeah, I finally stopped at atheism. Religion doesn't matter to me as long as you're a good person and you don't try to force your beliefs on others. I always try to be the best person I can be no matter what! I hate the stereotype that all people without god are cold, bitter, angry, and lifeless. It's total bogus. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I dunno. I don't know. xD I can't be bothered.
    /bothers
    /shot

|||||||||

7. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I'm Christian, something that I don't go trumpeting but won't hesitate to talk about. This said, some of my least favorite people in the world are "Christians" - namely those who discriminate against religious and gender minorities using the name of Christ to justify their actions. While I may not agree with everyone, I'd much rather let them make their own choices - giving them my honest opinion should they desire it - rather than pushing them away from God. Hate breeds hate and all that. Not to mention that such hate is blatantly unbiblical and condemnation is God's job, not people's. /rant over

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

I was raised a Catholic and did everything you were suppose to do as a kid. I just hated going to church because I thought it was ungodly boring. In my views I don't see why you need to go to a building to pray and talk to God. I mean aren't you suppose to feel like you can do that anytime or any place?
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    I've mentioned this before, but I happen to be Muslim. Shi'a Muslim, specifically. Raised in it, then decided to embrace it wholeheartedly after some soul-searching.

Again, I repeat, the stereotypes are exactly that. I'm quite unlikely to try to hurt you. Actually, I'm interested in medicine because I hate seeing people get hurt. (Well, real people, anyway. Imaginary people are fair game.)
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

11. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I am Protestant Christian, and to be honest, it wasn't until I decided to embrace it and live it without fear that I found myself at my happiest.

I have seen things happen, miracles occur, which make me incapable of denying that there is a God. I have seen blind people be able to see, after being prayed for. A close friend of mine had two cancerous tumours in her liver, and after three weeks of constant prayer from her and her friends, they disappeared, and a year later they are still gone.

One of the reasons I choose to be a Christian is that I want to believe there is more than this. I want to believe that all the things we do in life lead to a higher purpose. I don't want to believe we spend our eighty odd years on earth, only to die, and eventually be forgotten. I want to believe that all the bad things in life are part of a plan that ends up for the best. Otherwise I would struggle to see a point to it all.

Let me make something clear. Yes, I am a Christian. All that that means is that I believe in God, believe Jesus died for our sins. That does NOT mean I treat homosexuals, women, or people of other beliefs less than other Christians. I believe we are all created equal, imperfect human beings, with a purpose to God, whether we choose to embrace it or not.