Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Wow...it's funny because your ones are soooooooooo much better than the ones there. xD Nicely done. Also yay for threads giving you ideas! 8D

Oh, keep going! Starturds improves significantly as he does more. He starts out being -admittedly- inexperienced in pixel art, so it's a super-cool progression.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Ahh, and are you picking colours from the original GBC's possible palette? It could be interesting if you were! Also I may or may not still be waiting on those judge comments for the last round of WAR; I'm glad I came first but I want to know why :P

I actually haven't been. What I do is rip the colors from the original art and edit as I see fit. That would be kinda cool to try, though!

Edit: actually, since GBC uses 15-bit RGB (High Color), all I would really need to do is set my color settings in GraphicsGale to 15bpp. :p And even then it's such a minute difference that the only instance in which it would matter would be in the technical instance, lol
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 07-12-2015 at 10:59 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

That's actually pretty nice to hear; the way your sprites look is much better than the sprites in the actual TCG game. Makes me wonder if there were more limitations at the time or they just weren't as good haha.

Interestingly enough, there were some pretty interesting limitations (that I ignore) with the card sprites on that GBC game. Only up to 4 colors can actually exist in one 8x8 tile (48 tiles per card). Take a look! :o
    Spoiler:

This is why sometimes you get colorbleeding in the original ones from the game:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kinda interesting stuff. xD

Edit:
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 07-13-2015 at 05:06 AM.

------------

Wow. This has been a very productive week for TCG sprites. xD

Edit:
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 07-15-2015 at 04:18 AM.

------------

I wasn't aware that they had to do that actually! Thats pretty cool and it's a testament to how careful they were that every card art came out as nice as it did :o That's a lot of fragmented images to handle!

Your TCG pixel overs are still coming out great by the way! It'd be really cool if you tried recent cards too; with the more complicated brush/shading techniques they use.

I loooove all your TCG art. <3 I think that the white outlines around the pokemon really works. c:

Thanks guys! I actually have tried out...plenty of new ones, if you check my OP that I keep up-to-date (when it comes to this TCG art) or my DeviantART account, you can see them there. I would like to try one of the more painterly styles, though. Here's some more from Gym Heroes!

And thanks, Xanthe. That is the official style, so I try to stay true to it. :P

------------