Final Fantasy Distant Worlds Concert in Nashville

http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/tickets/nashville

I'm actually going to this thing since it's only a couple of hours away from my house. Anyone else interested in/going to see it?

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    I live too far away and too broke to go see this...
    I don't get any nice things where I live... TELL ME HOW IT WAS.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

You sad, sad Canadian. The world has forgotten about you. Meanwhile, it's happ'nin' in the US. *party lights*

But no, I live in nowhere too. Most of the awesome stuff I want to go to happens in Cali. This is a unique exception.

Main song I'm looking forward to hearing is Aeris's song. Zanarkand from FFX was a great song, even if the only very likable character in that game was Auron. There were a lot of songs on pretty interesting maps in FFVII that I doubt were prominent enough to get their own section, but maybe they'll put them in a medley somewhere. I am definitely not looking forward to hearing Eyes on Me, even though FFVIII was probably my favorite. It still had some excellent orchestral pieces that I hope to hear.

Can I kill you and go in your place? Yes? Thank you!

-shot-

Anyway- I absolutely love the Distant Worlds soundtracks- it's a shame they rarely if ever come down to Texas- and when they do, they seem adamant to only go to Dallas- the furthest big city from where I live.

Being the band geek that I am- I'd truly love to hear a live performance of some of the pieces that have given me many pleasant road trips by passing the time with their sheer orchestral awesomeness. <3

If I had to pick a few I'd love to hear in particular...

The FF I-III medley (2002)- I love the ending (and the chocobo theme!)- I love a strong brass section and that ending is a perfect display of the amazing things a good brass section can do. <3

Zanarkand- FFX may not be my favorite Final Fantasy game- but it certainly has some of my favorite themes throughout the series. It's such an emotional piece compared to many others out there.

Ranfaure- I just love this one. Don't ask my why. I have no idea.

Main Theme- I always remembered loving this theme at the start of the original Final Fantasy (which was my first final fantasy game on GBA) and then even more so when I heard it in FFXII. Such a simple but wonderful melody. <3

A Place to Call Home / Melodies of Life - I'm not always so keen on vocals, but Distant Worlds pulls them off beautifully! How could I say no?

Suteki Da Ne - Same as above

Memoro De La Stono - Distant Worlds- Another lovely vocal piece- I absolutely love the beginning.

--

Have fun for me, okay? D8 If you don't, I'll have to murder you.

I'll definitely have loads of fun. Cool that you got into FF through the original games, btw. The games are pretty different now but I still like both styles, and the soundtracks have always been amazing.

I definitely hope to hear the FFI-III medley. I love medleys and hope they might do something interesting with the other songs to include more in the concert.

I also reeeeaally hope to hear the FFVII main theme. Have that song stuck in my head all the time. o_o

Of course the concert was a little over a week ago and I'm late to comment, but it was excellent. Uematsu was sadly not able to make it and there was no vocal choir so Liberi Fatali was omitted. You would've loved the concert, Nekomata, because all of the songs you listed were performed.

Roth did say that they've been working on new music, and we got to hear a battle music medley and a chocobo medley. The chocobo medley had a hilarious and adorable video, there were laughs and aw's all over the house.

The most disappointing thing -- besides Uematsu's absence -- was that I didn't get to buy a t-shirt. I can probably buy one on the internet though. A tip: if you ever get to attend, bring cash if you want to buy some stuff. I was able to get some things on my card but most of it required cash.

Roth also hinted that they'll be coming back and that he wants to do Dancing Mad when he returns. At the opening of the concert he said, "I hear it gets 'Dancing Mad' in here sometimes," pointing to the massive organ behind him. He spoke fondly of it, referencing it throughout the evening. :3

So I'm hoping for another album soon and a swift return to Nashville, although the latter will probably take longer than I can bear to wait.

One song I'd like to see them include on an album in the future is The Oath from FFVIII. That song was played when Squall delivered his speech to rally the downcast Seed in the battle of the flying Gardens. That was a pretty significant moment for his character growth. The music sounds very, well manly but moving.

And I didn't cry when Aeris's Theme was played but is it ever intensely sorrowful, yet sweet. Aeris...
    Last edited by Sanctus; 04-21-2014 at 06:20 AM.