Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post

Accepted, Sir!

I really like the "Prodi-G" song on your soundcloud. Really nice blues/hard rock vibe. I hear some George Thorogood and ZZ Top. In my opinion I think you guys should focus on that, create more material, and get a vocalist with that raspy and edgy tone. Because you're really good at it.
    I played the drums in that song, while my friend played guitar and bass. He pretty much wrote that song, but we're almost done with an EP that will be released hopefully in a month. Also, we are both doing vocals.

Thanks for the compliment though!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I played the drums in that song, while my friend played guitar and bass. He pretty much wrote that song, but we're almost done with an EP that will be released hopefully in a month. Also, we are both doing vocals.

Thanks for the compliment though!

You should definitely run it on sound cloud when you finish it so I can have a listen. Post it in this thread.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I seriously had never listened to Fireflight in my life. Then, I was just (Like, note even 10 minutes ago) listening to my "Nokia version of Pandora" and Fireflight's Unbreakable started playing. I was like "Jacob was just talking about this band, I'll give it a listen." So I like them. I also want to point out that Skillet is seriously one of my favorite bands. Which is why I quite enjoy your signature. It also tells me someone got the deluxe version of the Rise album.
    Haha yeah I got that, though there is battle cry, everything goes black and freak show, not monster? Favourite album would hae to be Comatose. That style was awesome, especially the stuff like the older I get and those nights. Better than drugs is amazing.

Fireflight are an amazing band. They are working on a new record at the moment which I am keen as a bean for! Unbreakable is pretty sick haha I love the guitar in it. So fun to play.

I agree with you. While I enjoyed their Awake album, Comatose was just brilliant. But I have to give such props to Rise. To me it's their best album. Not only is it their first concept album, it's also got some of their most intense songs. More intense than Monster, but still very much sticking to their Christian beliefs. It's also the only album that I've listened to where I love and know all the words to every track on the album. My favorite being "Not Gonna Die." The reason for that is somewhat personal, and not really for exchanging publicly. but I mean, Sick of It, Rise, Circus for a Psycho.. Fire and Fury. Christian or otherwise, you can relate to the songs. It's a really powerful album, and in my opinion it's just really really good.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Yeah rise was fantastic. I especially love that they gave Jen Ledger more of a lead in that album. Fire and Fury and Salvation are good examples of that. She has a fantastic voice.

So I arranged a song for solo bass, and uploaded the beginning to Youtube. Here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyxTVopEdcc
    Many mistakes. Just wanted to show.

My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Yeah rise was fantastic. I especially love that they gave Jen Ledger more of a lead in that album. Fire and Fury and Salvation are good examples of that. She has a fantastic voice.
    That and she's hot. She also made the album art.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    So I arranged a song for solo bass, and uploaded the beginning to Youtube. Here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyxTVopEdcc
    Many mistakes. Just wanted to show.
    I approve of you admitting you made mistakes. But, are you sure it's safe to post a video of it on YouTube? You've got a talent, but make sure your next video doesn't include those mistakes. From what I saw, you lost your place a few time? I can't really place a solid opinion on it because I don't exactly know what I'm listening for. It seems like you ended up becoming discouraged and quitting the solo. It's okay to get frustrated while you're playing, the best musicians make mistakes. A shining example is the first time Five Finger Death Punch performed "Lift Me Up." Ivan butchered his own lyrics. But he kept going. But it's not okay to give up. Tough it out, laugh it off, and keep playing. Future fans will see that and respect your resilience. Remember, this is just from my point of view. I say keep at it. If you botch a shot, just do it over. Take it from a guy who makes YouTube videos. I mess up scenes a lot, but I laugh it off, and I do it again.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

That and she's hot. She also made the album art.

I approve of you admitting you made mistakes. But, are you sure it's safe to post a video of it on YouTube? You've got a talent, but make sure your next video doesn't include those mistakes. From what I saw, you lost your place a few time? I can't really place a solid opinion on it because I don't exactly know what I'm listening for. It seems like you ended up becoming discouraged and quitting the solo. It's okay to get frustrated while you're playing, the best musicians make mistakes. A shining example is the first time Five Finger Death Punch performed "Lift Me Up." Ivan butchered his own lyrics. But he kept going. But it's not okay to give up. Tough it out, laugh it off, and keep playing. Future fans will see that and respect your resilience. Remember, this is just from my point of view. I say keep at it. If you botch a shot, just do it over. Take it from a guy who makes YouTube videos. I mess up scenes a lot, but I laugh it off, and I do it again.
    The video is unlisted. And I stopped there because I hadn't completely worked out the next part.

But thanks for the constructive criticism! When I do post the full version, it'll be as close to mistake-free as I can get. /perfectionist

My Links

I have been so inactive and busy lately, I apologize. ^_^;; I am up for joining. :)

Name: Mike JV (alias: Sundans)
    Instruments Composed on: FL Studio 11 (DAW), Reaktor (DAW), NI Massive, ReFX Nexus2, IL Harmor, IL Harmless, etc.
    Genre(s) of Composition: Electronic (various subgenres)
    Links to Works: Soundcloud

I just took a few chords, recorded them on bass, then soloed over it on another bass track. Only took 10 minutes, but the result was kinda cool.

Here.

My Links