Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Musical Composers Guild! [.Demos.Songs.Comments.Feedback.]

Welcome!

[Originally created by Charbok on Pe2k. Everything written below are his words.]
    [Except for changing "Pe2k" to "PxR" and a few of his own personal notes.]

As you may have already guessed, The Musical Composers Guild (herein referred to as TMCG) is a group for those of us on PxR that not only love music, but take it to another level and write music ourselves. It doesn't matter the genre you write in (I happen to do Rap every so often. But it could be metal, rock, classical, country; anything!) because the entire point of the group is for composers to share work and get feedback on things they've written.

Rules:

Yes, there HAVE to be rules, and yes, they will be strictly followed with no exceptions.

1. ALL music is appreciated and treated equally.
    2. No flaming music tastes or styles.
    3. Give constructive criticism in as inoffensive a way as possible.
    4. Don't take tips and crits personally: We are a group made for giving helpful pointers with music composition. If you don't like constructive criticism (but in a nice way! Don't worry!) then you may want to reconsider signing up.
    5. No spamming.
    6. General PxR rules apply.
    7. Failure to follow these rules will result in you being banned from the group with no exceptions.

I reserve the right to change the rules or add new rules as needed, and also the the right to decide what is offensive and what isn't. If you think my ruling on something is harsh, feel free to PM me and we'll discuss. I'm always open to suggestions!

Remember, music isn't about making your pieces sound how other people want it to sound. If you prefer the way a song sounds even if someone disagrees, then don't change it! Criticism is meant to open you up to new ideas, not alter the vision you have with your music!

Sign-Up Form

Name: (Real or PxR; or both!)
    Instruments Composed on:
    Genre(s) of Composition:
    Links to Works: (not necessary)

Members List

XaiakuX/Caleb - (Vocals, Bass Guitar, Electronic/Digital Programs)
    Comatose/Jacob - (Guitar (acoustic, electric, bass) piano, drums)
    Bulbasaur/Eric - (Guitar (electric/acoustic), Bass Guitar, Drums, Keyboard, Harmonica, Electronic/Digital Programs)
    ---
    Last edited by XaiakuX; 10-08-2014 at 03:25 AM.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Reserve Post
    [For fast reference to members' music posts.]
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Jacob/Comatose
    Instruments Composed on: Guitar (acoustic, electric, bass) piano, drums.
    Genre(s) of Composition: Varies. Alternative and metal mostly.
    Links to Works: Nothing published yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Name: Jacob/Comatose
    Instruments Composed on: Guitar (acoustic, electric, bass) piano, drums.
    Genre(s) of Composition: Varies. Alternative and metal mostly.
    Links to Works: Nothing published yet.
    Accepted, sir! Welcome!
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Senior Moderator

Thank you. I am starting a band soon, and studying mixing and recording at TAFE so hopefully I record soon and get some stuff up haha.

Yeah, I've already done a few rap songs. One that actually included Xanthe in my chorus. It was pretty sweet. Working on some new songs off and on.

I have a high affinity for Metal, Alt. Metal, and Alt. Rock. So I look forward to hearing some of your stuff, man.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Senior Moderator

Haha yeah the band will be mainly influence by Fireflight, and their style from Unbreakable, but a lot like skillet as well.

I am playing Monster by skillet at a Talent Show in a few months, though I am struggling to think of a solo to keep it interesting haha

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Haha yeah the band will be mainly influence by Fireflight, and their style from Unbreakable, but a lot like skillet as well.

I am playing Monster by skillet at a Talent Show in a few months, though I am struggling to think of a solo to keep it interesting haha
    I seriously had never listened to Fireflight in my life. Then, I was just (Like, note even 10 minutes ago) listening to my "Nokia version of Pandora" and Fireflight's Unbreakable started playing. I was like "Jacob was just talking about this band, I'll give it a listen." So I like them. I also want to point out that Skillet is seriously one of my favorite bands. Which is why I quite enjoy your signature. It also tells me someone got the deluxe version of the Rise album.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Name: Eric
    Instruments Composed on: Digital composition software, guitar (electric/acoustic), electric bass, drums, keyboard, and harmonica. I also have experience with upright bass and ukulele, but I don't really compose stuff on them (I don't have an upright bass, and my ukulele doesn't work for the genres I compose).
    Genre(s) of Composition: In my band, I compose blues stuff. By myself, I usually compose proggyish rock/metal.
    Links to Works: Stuff composed by me, stuff composed by my band.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Name: Eric
    Instruments Composed on: Digital composition software, guitar (electric/acoustic), electric bass, drums, keyboard, and harmonica. I also have experience with upright bass and ukulele, but I don't really compose stuff on them (I don't have an upright bass, and my ukulele doesn't work for the genres I compose).
    Genre(s) of Composition: In my band, I compose blues stuff. By myself, I usually compose proggyish rock/metal.
    Links to Works: Stuff composed by me, stuff composed by my band.

Accepted, Sir!

I really like the "Prodi-G" song on your soundcloud. Really nice blues/hard rock vibe. I hear some George Thorogood and ZZ Top. In my opinion I think you guys should focus on that, create more material, and get a vocalist with that raspy and edgy tone. Because you're really good at it.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~