Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

The Missing Malaysian Plane

What do you think happened to that plane? It's been missing for weeks now, and somehow its still yet to be found. Ive heard lots of theories, some more probable sounding than others, and I wanted to hear what all of your theories were.

All I have my mind set on now is that SOMEONE knows something. Seriously, they can track phone calls from all over the world, yet they can't find a plane? Meanwhile they kept changing the story around. First it was they went east. Then they said north. Now the story is south towards Australia. Whats next?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. What do you all think?

Am I just making it up or did they find pieces of it and such? I thought there was development in locating its whereabouts and such.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

GCEA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Braixen View Post
    Am I just making it up or did they find pieces of it and such? I thought there was development in locating its whereabouts and such.
    SUPPOSEDLY they found something with a satalite that may be wreckage, but they haven't found anything conclusive yet. At least, that's as of the last I heard.

Seriously, they can track phone calls from all over the world, yet they can't find a plane?
    It ain't quite as simple as that :L

I think it's gone down in the pacific ocean west of Australia, as is the common international opinion (else they wouldn't all be searching there), and unfortunately I believe they may never find it. The ocean is deep; may sound like I'm channelling Captain Obvious, but it is, and I think it will be a long time before it's finally discovered, if ever.

The real question is why it was flying in that direction, and I then agree that somebody probably knows something about why it happened. Unlikely to be terrorism; terrorists have a tendency to make a song and dance about their actions, else it wouldn't have the same effect. Personal reasons might be more likely, but I'm not going to speculate on what they might be...
    Completing Generation III

Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

I don't know what's supposed to go here. Pokeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbub View Post

I think it's gone down in the pacific ocean west of Australia, as is the common international opinion (else they wouldn't all be searching there), and unfortunately I believe they may never find it. The ocean is deep; may sound like I'm channelling Captain Obvious, but it is, and I think it will be a long time before it's finally discovered, if ever.

The real question is why it was flying in that direction, and I then agree that somebody probably knows something about why it happened. Unlikely to be terrorism; terrorists have a tendency to make a song and dance about their actions, else it wouldn't have the same effect. Personal reasons might be more likely, but I'm not going to speculate on what they might be...
    Hijackers maybe? I dunno. I mean, they could either have plain bad intentions, or it could be a martyr situation where someone decided to plummet the plane into the ocean. And, they would unlikely have piloting experience, so maybe they just threw it off course and strangled the pilot so he couldn't report maybe? Yeah, it's incredibly unlikely, and probably impossible, but oh well.

That, or a catnap situation. The pilot could have just dozed off at night, where nobody noticed before it was too late and they crashed in the ocean.

Anyways, I suck at making hypotheses. Those are just my guesses.

GCEA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Elbub View Post

I think terrorism is a possibility. What you said about the fact that if it was a terrorist they would come out and say they did it, what if part one was hijacking the plane, and part two is to crash it into something? then they would wait to crash it into something, THEN come out about it. I am not particularly leaning towards one theory more than the other, but I think its a good possibility that it was hijacked.

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG Staff

If it was terrorism, wouldn't the idea be to actually crash it into something, not just fall into the ocean?

One thing I remember hearing is that apparently they reported reaching the same altitude twice while still in contact. That seems suspicious.

I'm guessing no one had any sort of cell signal wherever they were, because if they did you'd expect they would have sent some sort of message to someone, seeing as whatever the effects of cell phones on airplanes doesn't matter if you're going to crash anyways.
    URPG Stats
    PWN/BMG Ash K.; AIM MewAshMew
    URPG Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

Ruling out terrorism is a great idea, as the point of terrorism is to say "Here weare! The ____ has just cuased massive loss of lives and thousands of dollars worth of damages! And we'll do it again! Hear us roar! You shall succumb to ____!"
    And most of that doesn't apply. The thousands does, but... it's kinda just a plane, not any sort of building, which seems unusual. Granted, it's still likely in that regard. But the fact that no one knows who it was that tells us. One of their points to let their target know who's done the deed. It's to make themselves more ferocious. Yet... none of that. So it's probably not terrorists.
    My guess?
    Uh... well, probably some guy got pissed off/ a lust for blood and crashed the plane. It's not a very good guess. Another could be a possible plane malfunction that caused the crash. Let's say the pilot got sleepy and decided to let the plane be on autopilot. And there was a small glitch that sent them a few degrees in the wrong direction. That's my guesses.
    ~~~Deviant Art~~~Pokemon Crossroads~~~Facebook~~~