Project PxR The Comic! [A XaiakuX Community Project!]

Greetings, Crossroads!

It is your Lord of Awesome, XaiakuX!

I come to you with a project, a plan, and an idea.

I call it:

See, I do this thing that a lot of people don't realize that I do quite often, and that's "draw." So I want to publicly show you that I do it frequently. I wish to do a weekly comic, much like a few other of our members.

The difference is that I need YOUR help. See, this comic lacks characters. So what I want you to do is create a character! The first sign up will absolutely get Main Character. This comic isn't something I see primarily as a "Pokémon" comic, I don't see why Pokémon can't be a thing in this comic. Meaning that the story is not, nor will it be based around Pokémon. However, Pokémon can be included for characters, or your character could be an English speaking Pokémon themselves. Unfortunately there are some restrictions that I have to enforce in order to not get yelled at.

RULES:

1. Your character cannot be an actual person, or already existing character from a Video Game, Movie, TV Show, Anime, Cartoon, etc. Bar Pokémon.
    2. Despite the first part of that last rule, if the actual person is YOU, that is acceptable.
    3. To reiterate, your character must be your own, a Pokémon, or actually you. xD
    4. The character cannot be overly complicated to Draw. My style is somewhat simple, however I would like your descriptions to be as detailed as possible.
    5. I would prefer the character to be as "human" as possible. As I have difficulty drawing Dragons, and 8 headed muscle-bound behemoths.
    6. The plot, story, and events that happen will be mine to control. However, I will read the comments to see how you feel the story should progress. So comment frequently, and you may just see the story turn in your favor!

With that out of the way, let's move on to the long desired Sign-Up Forms!
    Please be descriptive as possible!):

Name/Username:
    Character Name:
    Character Age:
    Character Gender:
    Character Race:
    Character Species:
    Character Appearance:
    Character Personality:
    Character Back Story:
    Other:

---

With that all taken care of, I'm excited to see the characters you all come up with. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

I don't know what's supposed to go here. Pokeman's Avatar
    Name/Username: Pokeman
    Character Name: Dylan
    Character Age: 12
    Character Gender: Male
    Character Race: White? ((I'm not sure what you meant by this))
    Character Species:Human
    Character Appearance: Dark brown hair, grey eyes, Creeper jacket, ((without the mask on)) Jeans, T-shirt
    Character Personality: Dylan has always lived a good life, so he isn't too quite scarred from the past. People believe he has ADHD, as he always acts hyper. But when he knows he needs to be sane, he is. Like in school, and formal events. Some find his weirdness funny, while others find it... annoying. He is very unfit, and sometimes when he is NOT hyper, he's just lazy. He usually has trouble getting out of bed on weekdays, unless something exciting is happening school. On weekends, he usually gets up early no matter how late he stayed up, to get on the computer. Sometimes, he loses his temper.
    Character Back Story: Dylan never lived the hard life, so he doesn't quite know how it feels to hit rock bottom. What rock bottom is to him is paradise to a homeless man. His mother has always spoiled him, but not too much. There at least a dozen cases in which Dylan's temper got out of control. Luckily, Dylan's temper doesn't always come so easily, so he's always been able to make friends.
    Other: Nope, that's it. Oh, and, he SOMETIMES wears the mask on his creeper jacket.

Here's the definition of ADHD so you know what to put in the comic.
    ((Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a complex mental health disorder that can affect a child's success in school and with interpersonal relationships. Unfortunately, the symptoms of ADHD do vary and are sometimes difficult to recognize.))
    ((HOORAY))

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

This sounds like a good time to submit this character I created on the spot:

Name/Username: Blaquaza
    Character Name: Grovyle
    Character Age: 16
    Character Race: Not-Shiny (I thought that Shinies and Non-Shinies could be the Pokémon races)
    Character Species: Grovyle
    Character Appearance: He looks just like a regular Grovyle, but the leaf on his head is a little bit distorted.
    Character Personality: Grovyle is a nice guy who cares a lot about all of his friends. He likes to make sure that both he and his friends don't mix with the wrong crowd, and that he is being chivalrous at all times. He is a bit if a hopeless romantic, falling for a lot of girls who he sees, but this is to make it look like he doesn't like that once specific girl (who can be whoever you want)... Deep down, he doesn't have much confidence, but tries to hide this as much as he can.
    Character Back Story: Grovyle had a pretty average childhood, for a Pokémon. His parents were a Sceptile and a Meganium, and he is an only child. Therefore, he got spoiled quite a lot. He was popular in school, and got good grades. However, when he was playing with his friends one day, a creature (who can once again, be whoever you want) appeared and started attacking his friends. Grovyle couldn't stand for this, and charged for the creature. He managed to fight the creature off, but the leaf on his head got cut in several places. He tried fixing it, but it never worked. He stands out from crowds like a sore thumb now,but this hasn't stopped him hanging around with his friends and doing well in school. One thing that has changed is that he is always self-conscious, though.
    Other: His favourite food is vegetarian lasagne, and his favourite number is 24. The more you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
    Here's the definition of ADHD so you know what to put in the comic.
    ((Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a complex mental health disorder that can affect a child's success in school and with interpersonal relationships. Unfortunately, the symptoms of ADHD do vary and are sometimes difficult to recognize.))
    ((HOORAY))
    For this reason, I want to reject you from this Comic. However, I shall not. But keep these things in mind next time you sign up for one of my ANYTHINGS:

1. I'm an adult who has suffered from ADHD since birth.
    2. I study in the areas based around mental disorders and their treatments.

You've not only decided to condescend, but also insult my intelligence. Even though you don't know me, and you have zero rights or grounds to do so with not only me, but anyone in the history of ever. I'll take it that this character is based off of you, so I'll give you advice as opposed to banning you from my thread:

Think about what you're going to say before you say it. Not doing so will get you into trouble.

With that, your character exhibits no signs of actual ADHD, given your description. He does however suffer from a common disorder known as "Twelveyearolditis." This illness is usually centered around children at the age of 12. However, it can also be found in just about anyone at any age who has chosen to never grow up. The "complex" part of your "definition" is quite easy to break down.

AD - Attention Deficit: The inability to focus on one thing at any given time. The mind literally cannot stay on track and unless it piques the personal interests of the sufferer. Even then, it is uncertain that focus will remain for extended periods of time. With that said, if your character is in a situation where he needs to be in control, or needs to be serious, he absolutely cannot do so.

H - Hyperactivity: I don't think I need to define this, as it is self explanatory. Your character cannot be "lazy" at all. They cannot mentally process sitting still and doing absolutely nothing. Growing up, I had the hardest time staying still when asked to, and it usually led to me getting in trouble. The only cure for this is either aging, and allowing your body to naturally slow down, or going and going so much that you tire yourself out to the point where "doing nothing" usually means going to sleep.

D - Disorder: A mental status that usually requires medication to subdue the symptoms. Does your character take medication for his Mental disorder? If so, what kind? I need these details to be in your SU, or it won't make a lot of sense. If your character was clinically diagnosed with ADHD, he would have some level of medication to help him keep it in order.

With that all said, you may edit your sign-up to either include some level of medication for your character, as well as an accurate description of his disorder, or change it entirely. Also, your appearance wasn't nearly descriptive enough. Please add more detail to that area of your SU.

In the mean time I will put your character on hold, and as a punishment for your insult, revoke your right to "Main Character." Which is upsetting because there are several possible ways to use a character like yours. I was initially excited about your SU, but then you made so many mistakes it discouraged me.

Also, fix your sig, the link is broken. The original image is animated, but yours isn't. So you need to fix that as well. If you need help with things like this, all you need to do is ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    This sounds like a good time to submit this character I created on the spot:

Name/Username: Blaquaza
    Character Name: Grovyle
    Character Age: 16
    Character Race: Not-Shiny (I thought that Shinies and Non-Shinies could be the Pokémon races)
    Character Species: Grovyle
    Character Appearance: He looks just like a regular Grovyle, but the leaf on his head is a little bit distorted.
    Character Personality: Grovyle is a nice guy who cares a lot about all of his friends. He likes to make sure that both he and his friends don't mix with the wrong crowd, and that he is being chivalrous at all times. He is a bit if a hopeless romantic, falling for a lot of girls who he sees, but this is to make it look like he doesn't like that once specific girl (who can be whoever you want)... Deep down, he doesn't have much confidence, but tries to hide this as much as he can.
    Character Back Story: Grovyle had a pretty average childhood, for a Pokémon. His parents were a Sceptile and a Meganium, and he is an only child. Therefore, he got spoiled quite a lot. He was popular in school, and got good grades. However, when he was playing with his friends one day, a creature (who can once again, be whoever you want) appeared and started attacking his friends. Grovyle couldn't stand for this, and charged for the creature. He managed to fight the creature off, but the leaf on his head got cut in several places. He tried fixing it, but it never worked. He stands out from crowds like a sore thumb now,but this hasn't stopped him hanging around with his friends and doing well in school. One thing that has changed is that he is always self-conscious, though.
    Other: His favourite food is vegetarian lasagne, and his favourite number is 24. The more you know!
    I will accept you with a bit of confusion. However, because I don't want my Comic to be centered around Pokémon, having the main character be a Pokémon would defeat the purpose entirely.

My confusion lies in a few details that I just can wrap my mind around. For starters, this is a Pokémon. A wild creature that doesn't typically have a civilized bone in its body, nor a concept of civilization as a whole. Still he managed to be spoiled as a child, go to school, and can manage to be self-conscious about a flaw in his leaf. It also has particular tastes in what is generally considered "human food."

I suppose the way I would typically see a Grovyle is: Never having gone to school in its life, though still naturally intelligent. Very proud, arrogant, and tough. Also munching on berries and whatever nature tends to provide at any given time.

It's almost as if your Grovyle was raised by humans, and grew up around human children, so is considered a human in his own right. If that were the case, I would assume he'd be able to speak as humans do, and have a name other than "Grovyle."

But, this is just my opinion. This is your character, and I've accepted you. However if you feel the need to change anything, I will allow it.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~