Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar

RP Preview: Augment [Discussion]

‘…cast the bond and cast the stone, for your bonds will forge the path ahead…’

A continent that is diverse, vast as it is enticing and dangerous. The land of Aussimer is no familiar ground to outsiders. You will not find the technology you take comfort in, or the concepts most well-known to others here. No, in this world, the sword and shield are your allies, and a power that is Augment reigns. The continent is divided into six prominent lands, each with their own strengths and characteristics. Some are vast forests, while others are massive glacial fields, or barren wastelands of death. Despite the unknown you may face, there is something, someplace for everyone in Aussimer. Humans and Pokémon have almost a symbiotic relationship with each other and the land they all share, and from these bonds, the abilities and powers of Augmentation is born.

Augments, are bonds created with a human, and one, two or three Pokémon. These bonds are created through experience, and stabilized in conclusion with a gemstone that best resonates with the pair, finalizing what is known as a Synergy. The stone could be anything, from a simple granite pebble to a polished ruby. This Synergy allows the human to gain abilities from their Pokémon partners based on one Type that their partner has. For example, a person with a Charizard, may have a Fire, or Flying Augment linked to them and will gain some of their abilities based on what type is chosen. Many in Aussimer are familiar, and use this power in everything from daily jobs, to combat. Many in the past have tried to test the limits of their human capacity with the Augment crystals. It is common knowledge that attempting to use more than three Augment Crystals is a bold dare against Death, of which he would swiftly take. However, there have been results that are far worse than Death itself.

Your body will deteriorate, and so will your Pokémon. You and they will be no more and the crystals and Synergy that once bound you will become corrupt, merging what is left into an unholy mass of energy, spite and hunger. Your broken souls merge into one, cursed to be locked to the now tainted Augment Stones, and you lose all intelligence all memory and emotion of yourself, and what was. Those of Aussimer have dubbed these monstrosities ‘the Manifest’: a single body with the forms of all of what they once were, shifting and changing to suit their gluttonous hunger for power. Those who read this should be warned about abusing their Augment powers, as well as Manifests themselves, for even those who are wary, may be turned Manifest should one devour your Synergy and overtake your own strength. Those who seek to destroy the Manifests also take caution, for Manifests do not bleed, do not breathe, and do not eat, only devouring the energy of those they deem as prey. Manifests have no heart, nor any other organs or bones, only a semi physical mass of virulent energy to call a shell of a body. There will be no victory in reckless, uncontrolled strength, or unwise attacks. You must destroy their forms, and destroy their crystals over and over. This is the only way to defeat these demons.

Manifests plague all of Aussimer however each of the lands faces their own issues, ones that may impact the entire continent in unforeseeable ways. An unseen shadow lingers on the horizon, one that may cause rifts in the land, and force the creation of unlikely pacts. Many factions and many leaders protect and control various parts of the continent, so anything could happen at anytime, anywhere.

Coming to an RP board near you.

More Augment information:
    Spoiler:
    Augments come in leveled forms of Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary. This grants the human two forms of abilities: Active, which allows the use of their partner’s skills that share the type with their Pokémon, and Passive, which grant permanent buffs to the human in relation with their augments. For whichever Augment type is the Primary, two active skills may be used in place of one. Example:

Augments
    Primary: Fire
    Active Skills: Flamethrower, Blast Burn
    Passive Skill: Impervious to flames, and cannot be burned by regular fire.
    Pokémon: Charizard
    -Flamethrower
    -Blast Burn
    -Fly
    -Metal Claw

So because the Charizard can use flamethrower and Blast Burn, the human who has a Primary Fire type Augment can also use these moves as well. The passive skill relates to the Fire type itself, and is a much stronger skill since it is part of the primary.

Secondary: Water
    Active Skill: Surf
    Passive Skill: Has far more durable armor than most, and when defending, can easily block melee attacks.
    Pokémon: Blastoise
    -Surf
    -Hydro Pump
    -Rapid Spin
    -Ice Beam

Now here we have the Secondary, with only one active skill. Now if you notice the Passive skill, which more relates to the Pokémon that is being Augmented to the Water type, that being a Blastoise.

Tertiary: Grass
    Active Skill: Leech Seed
    Passive Skill: Knows about any edible plant off hand.
    Pokémon: Venusaur
    -Giga Drain
    -Leech Seed
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Vine Whip

Now here, the Tertiary Passive skill isn’t that strong. Notice the Active skill though? It doesn’t have to be a physical or special attack, it can be a status move as long as it matches the type and what the Pokémon can learn.

Reminder: This is NOT a Sign Up thread. This is merely a Preview thread for discussion and getting people in the know about the project me and many people have been working on.

Users to Mention:
    Maddox
    Velocity
    Death's Spook
    Dragon Master
    The Nonexistent Tazz
    Lightning Dash
    The Frost Dragon
    TheCaveMan
    Song 7
    Dragotech
    Akaichi
    Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 07-11-2014 at 10:23 PM.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I think this idea sounds brilliant. I will TOTALLY sign up when it starts.

Sounds like a really cool idea. Can't wait to see more. Any idea on estimated Sign up post?

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    I DEMAND THIS BE A THING.

This looks excellent in all regards, I'm looking forward to this. Sabi, you've impressed yet again.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

This looks pretty sick. You have set yourself a high standard Sabi! Hopefully I can be active in this. My presence in RP boards died last year, and there havent been any new ones for me to join now that I want to haha

This sounds fun... All of the possibilities...
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
    Fire finds its form in the heat of the forge.

Levi of Sapphire! Reggie of Emerald

I'm glad to see excitement for this...hopefully means it won't die easily.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaida View Post
    Sounds like a really cool idea. Can't wait to see more. Any idea on estimated Sign up post?
    In about two weeks tops.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    I DEMAND THIS BE A THING.

This looks excellent in all regards, I'm looking forward to this. Sabi, you've impressed yet again.
    Thanks TNT, I try to make some nice quality RP's for everyone to enjoy. However I couldn't have done it without the help of those in the project group. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    This looks pretty sick. You have set yourself a high standard Sabi! Hopefully I can be active in this. My presence in RP boards died last year, and there havent been any new ones for me to join now that I want to haha
    Pssh you better join dude. I already had two people on board for joining before I made this public. You can thank @Death's Spook for being nosy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
    This sounds fun... All of the possibilities...
    I'm hoping it will be fun. XD It's a rather open world with some sub plots along with a main plot, so no one should be bored.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Spook View Post
    Sabi, I was not nosy. I was attentive. Then I was annoying. XP
    And then you complained about it to me.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!