Your operating system

What operating system are you currently using?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Windows 7.

I've heard bad, bad things about Windows 8 and how it's generally designed more for tablets. And to be honest, when I first saw Windows 8, I had a really bad feeling about it. No Start button and everything being plugged into boxes all over the place was not my idea of a good time.

Hopefully they'll get things right when Windows 9 rolls around, but until then, Windows 7 rocks.

Windows 7 - Vista was just a shamble, and it makes me cry when I remember what it was like to use it...

~Sealboy

I'm using Windows 7. It came with my laptop and Windows 8 didn't really appeal to me enough to get it.

Windows 7 too. xD I never mess with the operating system, I use the one that comes with the computer. xD

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I use Windows 7, just like half the community. =P And I'm probably not switching anytime soon.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Windows 7.

I've heard bad, bad things about Windows 8 and how it's generally designed more for tablets. And to be honest, when I first saw Windows 8, I had a really bad feeling about it. No Start button and everything being plugged into boxes all over the place was not my idea of a good time.

Hopefully they'll get things right when Windows 9 rolls around, but until then, Windows 7 rocks.
    Microsoft follows the "suck, not suck" cycle when it comes to OSs for some reason. lol
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Administrator

Goooooo Windows 8. It's like windows 7, but faster. I try to be an early adopter on OS's since they generally don't revert back. I might as well try to stay on top of the OS's ...

I also run OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) on my laptop and I plan to be running Ubuntu at work. :)

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    Windows 8 really isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Honestly? I'm of the opinion that people might find it unappealing because it's so different from what people are traditionally used to; the whole start menu thing, desktop icons and the whole nine yards. But if you're someone like me who does prefer that kind of setup, then there's always Desktop mode! Especially nifty, you could see desktop icons and everything, as if you were really on Windows 7 again. :3

Aside from that though, I'm pretty happy with Windows 8. I'm still really new to it, but I think I'm getting fairly used to it as time passes~!

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    I'm still with Windows 7 myself. Gotta like that. Forgot to mention it last post. lol
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth