Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Chrome is my favorite by far. We all know IE sucks, and Firefox lags a ton for me. So I use Google Chrome!

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I haven't used Internet Explorer in about a decade. It was so terrible back then that nothing could ever make me want to use it again, no matter how much it has apparently improved! I've been using Firefox since then and love it. Though I've noticed these days it seems to use a lot of memory on my computer and it can be a bit laggy sometimes. I've heard Chrome is worse in that area though, so I have no desire to switch.
    You heard wrong then, since I'm using Chrome right now and it uses like, zilch memory? I remember on my old laptop that kept shutting off, I had to use Chrome instead of Maxthon in order to save memory and prevent it from shutting off and keep it from overheating so much.

That said, I just use Chrome and Maxthon nowadays. The former a lot more than the latter.

Firefox. Because it's the browser I have the most experience with. I tried Chrome, but didn't like it, so, I've been using Firefox for five years. I don't regret it!

Senior Administrator

Administrator

I wish I could combine Chrome's sync with FF's speed/lean-ness. :( Though IE's no chump these days (as long as you're in windows 8!) It pains me to see anyone run IE6,7... :(

I think Chrome is the future for internet browsing. See, the problem I have with Firefox is that they are trying to be all adventurous with their technical department. While everyone is making the transition from Java to HTML5, Firefox is attempting to create their own sort of scripting. That, to me, is divisive and hostile. Firefox, in my opinion, is not much better than Internet Explorer in a lot of regards. I find that Chrome is the fast, clean, and simplistic browser most people would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
    Firefox, in my opinion, is not much better than Internet Explorer in a lot of regards.
    Wow I disagree like heaps. XD I HATE IE so much. Like, it's a disgrace. I love firefox though. Yeah, it has flaws, but I prefer it to Chrome. XD I tried to use Chrome and had to use it as a replacement for a while at one stage, and I prefer firefox. xD That's just me though. xD

~SF.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Wow I disagree like heaps. XD I HATE IE so much. Like, it's a disgrace. I love firefox though. Yeah, it has flaws, but I prefer it to Chrome. XD I tried to use Chrome and had to use it as a replacement for a while at one stage, and I prefer firefox. xD That's just me though. xD

~SF.
    Your preference of Firefox has nothing to do with your obsession with Flareon :P?

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post

~SF.
    It is certainly about preference, and I understand that. I just think that Firefox has been doing nothing but mistakes with their tech. They are constantly shooting themselves in the foot, and while everyone else (including IE) is moving to HTML5, they want to commit corporate suicide and create their own standard. They want to pull an Apple in which they cut all ties with any other developer in order to create their own vertical monopolistic brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Your preference of Firefox has nothing to do with your obsession with Flareon :P?
    That was what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
    I think Chrome is the future
    FUUUUTUREEEEEE

I love how Chrome can have ad-ons, specifically APNG. Bulbapedia uses a LOT of APNGs, so it's very helpful. I have no clue if other browsers can even have ad-ons. Incognito also comes in handy when I want privacy!

|||||||||

I am sure that other internet browsers have plugin capability, but I do enjoy how you can develop your own plugins if you know enough about coding. It allows you to customize your browser the way you like, and with coding knowledge becoming more widespread, I think it is pretty exciting. Hopefully Google starts to embrace the customization options that a developer like Linux offers.