Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Name: Minunrocks
    Role Play Name: Plus the Minus.
    Why You Want to Join Aqua: The sea is beautiful and vast! It has never been fully explored! And because I am evil, I would like to make it even harder to explore... By expanding it! Who needs land anyway? The sea is the source of all life!
    What Are You Good At?: Art. Although there are some things that I have not tried yet.
    What Makes You Happy?: Being truly evil.
    Although I am still a flecthling, I hope that you will welcome me as part of yer crew!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
    The metaphor was clearly pretty paper thin, but I thought it was pretty fun. 1984 is clearly the better book of Orwell's, but Animal Farm is a nice one-day-read. I'm not butthurt or anything (Finch was the one that wrote the Code of (Dis)Honor, I just recycled it--I didn't read Animal Farm until years after he wrote that), I just enjoy talking about literature. :P

That has been something done traditionally in the past and I planned on bringing it up at the next WAR Leader meeting.
    Ah, fair enough. xD I don't enjoy stories for their metaphors or secret message, you see; I'm entirely set on on the narrative and characters... I don't like analysing books unless it's about dissecting the characters. xD As opposed as saying that the characters are just plot devices that can be used to symbolise this or that... Ugh...that stuff drives me insane. xD And this is why I didn't do well in Literature!

Sounds dandy! By the way, I may or may not be involved in the GCEA judging team too, BUT only if the others who Shadow Tracker Max asked to help him aren't available. But we'll see! If there's a huge benefit to judging then I might slip into the works again. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Skiiage View Post
    Name: Skiiage
    Role Play Name: Da Ski
    Why You Want to Join Aqua: You'll give my family back after this last job, right, rust?
    What Are You Good At?: RP, mostly.
    What Makes You Happy?: Gold, gore, and glory?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minunrocks View Post
    Why You Want to Join Aqua: The sea is beautiful and vast! It has never been fully explored! And because I am evil, I would like to make it even harder to explore... By expanding it! Who needs land anyway? The sea is the source of all life!
    What Are You Good At?: Art. Although there are some things that I have not tried yet.
    Although I am still a flecthling, I hope that you will welcome me as part of yer crew!
    WELCOME, NEW MEMBERS! ARRRR!!!!! WALK THE PLANK...onto the ship, for we Aqua members are as friendly as they get!

Spoiler:
    < "Are you serious?"

NO I AM NOT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!! But we have a family code of honour, so all who do not classify as the enemy will be protected to our last breath!

~SF.

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minunrocks View Post
    Welcome aboard, you make member number 5!
    @Suicune's Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Ah, fair enough. xD I don't enjoy stories for their metaphors or secret message, you see; I'm entirely set on on the narrative and characters... I don't like analysing books unless it's about dissecting the characters. xD As opposed as saying that the characters are just plot devices that can be used to symbolise this or that... Ugh...that stuff drives me insane. xD And this is why I didn't do well in Literature!
    Ah I see. I'm a bit of a lit snob (Happy Bloomsday) which is why Cannons to Heaven can get pretty pretentious. I'm honestly also kind of a language nerd -- nothing is cooler than a well-crafted sentence. But everyone has their own tastes in books. I can totally sympathize with you, if the book's characters suck it's impossible to get through.

Sounds dandy! By the way, I may or may not be involved in the GCEA judging team too, BUT only if the others who Shadow Tracker Max asked to help him aren't available. But we'll see! If there's a huge benefit to judging then I might slip into the works again. ;D
    Whatever you need to do.

WELCOME, NEW MEMBERS! ARRRR!!!!! WALK THE PLANK...onto the ship, for we Aqua members are as friendly as they get!

Spoiler:
    < "Are you serious?"

NO I AM NOT SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!! But we have a family code of honour, so all who do not classify as the enemy will be protected to our last breath!

~SF.
    Now that's the spirit! We'll make a Captain out of you yet!
    Last edited by Lord Celebi; 06-16-2014 at 11:56 PM.

4. This post has been liked by:

Name: Akaida
    Role Play Name: Taegon Erenor
    Why You Want to Join Aqua: Going with the old school crew
    What Are You Good At?: RP, Writing in general
    What Makes You Happy?: Winning

Quote Originally Posted by Akaida View Post
    Name: Akaida
    Role Play Name: Taegon Erenor
    Why You Want to Join Aqua: Going with the old school crew
    What Are You Good At?: RP, Writing in general
    What Makes You Happy?: Winning
    Welcome back aboard the Deathwing, KOR. Looking forward to scheming with the old crew again.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Name: Mikey
    Role Play Name: I am not sure if I am doing the RP this time around.
    Why You Want to Join Aqua: Because Rusty is asking me and I pretty sure we will be a hit in the Pharisaical business.
    What Are You Good At?: Writing
    What Makes You Happy?: Being there to ruin Rusty with crazy ideas that put wrenches into his plans.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    What Makes You Happy?: Being there to ruin Rusty with crazy ideas that put wrenches into his plans.
    That's hardly an original motivation. :P

I'm happy to have you on the crew, Mikey. For all your years of worthy adversaryship, I'm going to promote you to Captain.

Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

That's hardly an original motivation. :P

I'm happy to have you on the crew, Mikey. For all your years of worthy adversaryship, I'm going to promote you to Captain.
    Wooo! I have finally joined Aqua. Scratching that off the bucket list. Hopefully I can do something to make being a Captain worth it.

By Neo Emolga

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    Wooo! I have finally joined Aqua. Scratching that off the bucket list. Hopefully I can do something to make being a Captain worth it.
    Oh Mikey, your friendship has more than earned your Captainship. Now go out there and win me some points.

So I want to do some team-building exercises with our new recruits. @Suicune's Fire, @The Nonexistent Tazz, and @Minunrocks, I'd love to get to know y'all better and help you guys integrate so us old farts don't get cliquey. The WAR is, after all, about building friendships and team camaraderie. So for fun pick a question from here and give us your take on a creative, interesting, entertaining and/or funny answer.
    Last edited by Lord Celebi; 06-17-2014 at 02:06 AM.

Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Oh Mikey, your friendship has more than earned your Captainship. Now go out there and win me some points.
    Don't worry. I will try.

Damn. I just looked at the other teams. I think I made a horrible mistake. I should have joined Team Yogi Bear. The name of that team surely fits me best.

By Neo Emolga