Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Grassy summed up my complaints nicely. Life happens, and Sabi did say this was a team RP, mentioning that teams should be treated as an entity. One post a day per Aqua member = three posts a day for your team. Most Awesome members are also busy with life, as well as other WAR categories. I have a family and friends that need my time. I have art that I need to spend time practicing on. An acceptable posting rate is one that gives every team, not just yours, a chance to shine.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Neo, the only reason Aqua is at the point it is is because every single one of you has been posting at rates that are utterly ridiculous. We've barely had time to set up, thanks to your team. Your entire post implies that we haven't been trying and frankly is incredibly insulting. Your team got insane amounts of firepower at unfair speed, and I'm not trying to make excuses here. I know for a fact that everyone on Team Awesome has, contrary to your apparent opinion, been doing the best they can and making plans to create an interesting narrative overall, not just build firepower and destroy our opponents' efforts.

I recognize that I am probably being rude, but the rapid fire posting has made this RP so unfair and stressful that I feel that I need to speak out. I have been annoyed with it since day one, and I am very much annoyed that not only is it damaging my team, you are also seeing fit to insult Team Awesome by implying that we aren't trying when the opposite is true. We've also "worked our tails off", but you can hardly expect anything good to come out when the entire thread is choked with Aqua posts coming in too fast to handle.
    We have a passion to RP, and respectfully speaking, there is no maximum posting limit set, so we haven't been breaking any rules with that regard. In retrospect, some teams may feel Team Awesome is taking one of the other sections to a ridiculous extent. Us guys on Team Aqua are determined to do as well as we can in the RP and have made it our core focus, and yes, maybe that means giving up attention to some of the other sections, but it's not illegal to do this.

In all honesty, it's not that hard to come out with at least one post at least every other day. Also, prior to the Atlas Shrugged Too Much attack, there's been next to no pressure set upon Team Awesome on behalf of Team Aqua. You guys did have a two solid weeks to prepare with no suppression coming from us. In that same regard, I don't think expecting us to only be able to post once or twice a week is fair. The WAR will be over long before any real action and creamy center is reached. Also, we have been extremely strategic and tactful about this, using communication, teamwork, dedication, planning, and coordination to make our effort strong. Team Awesome should be doing this to if you guys want to be competitive.

Given, you can still have interesting narrative and still be building firepower. We've been trying to do that. In fact, I was penalized in Week One because I DIDN'T do that and I learned that yes, every project and plan needs story, substance, and creativity, or poof, you're not getting points out of it. Trust me, I learned pretty quickly and changed my tactics around.

It's still not too late for you to turn things around and I have suggested means in which you can do so, but I think "dampening" the RP activity is not a good solution.

3. This post has been liked by:

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Grassy summed up my complaints nicely. Life happens, and Sabi did say this was a team RP, mentioning that teams should be treated as an entity. One post a day per Aqua member = three posts a day for your team. Most Awesome members are also busy with life, as well as other WAR categories. I have a family and friends that need my time. I have art that I need to spend time practicing on. An acceptable posting rate is one that gives every team, not just yours, a chance to shine.
    So can you quantify what you think is an acceptable posting rate as opposed to complaining about how busy you are?

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
    So can you quantify what you think is an acceptable posting rate as opposed to complaining about how busy you are?
    If you actually read the last sentence of my post you'll get a hint.

Look, if you guys think I'm just being whiny, fine. I'm done arguing; take that how you want. Let this be a lesson for me to never bring up a complaint ever again.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Um... Well I don't mind you guys (Tazz, you, and Neo) posting once a day. I'm only annoyed now because of the rapid posting (and you can't argue it wasn't rapid, for the amount of posts put down as well as the time between them) for an event which concerned us and we couldn't do anything in between. That's where my gripe is. I mean seriously, Harper Industry is pretty much destroyed now and we didn't get a chance to say anything about it. I think the biggest gap of time between your posts was four hours, and I wasn't even online to take advantage of it </3

Heck, I'm not even directly involved still because the hospital hasn't been directly targeted (remember, think of the children inside. That and a hospital is the last place you expect to find competent fighters. They wouldn't be in the hospital otherwise! *Ba-dum-tsh*), but I'd still like to get a post up for reaction as it started.

I realize the question wasn't directed at me, but uh, I wanted to put my two cents inDON'TKILLMEPLEASEITISONLYMYOPINION.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

7. This post has been liked by:

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    If you actually read the last sentence of my post you'll get a hint.
    @Velocity, I wasn't looking for a hint. If you have misgivings with the speed at which we are posting, please feel free to suggest what an acceptable posting rate is in firm numbers. There is no way we can come to some kind of consensus on what is acceptable unless we both agree to objective criteria in the form of a standard unit of measure.

Look, if you guys think I'm just being whiny, fine. I'm done arguing; take that how you want. Let this be a lesson for me to never bring up a complaint ever again.
    Being passive aggressive isn't going to resolve anything. We have defended ourselves and made an offer to you to keep the RP going. If you are unhappy with it, please make a counteroffer. As a GM, I would like to hear all perspectives and ensure everyone is having fun, which is the goal of the RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
    Um... Well I don't mind you guys (Tazz, you, and Neo) posting once a day. I'm only annoyed now because of the rapid posting (and you can't argue it wasn't rapid, for the amount of posts put down as well as the time between them) for an event which concerned us and we couldn't do anything in between. That's where my gripe is. I mean seriously, Harper Industry is pretty much destroyed now and we didn't get a chance to say anything about it. I think the biggest gap of time between your posts was four hours, and I wasn't even online to take advantage of it </3
    From my reading of Neo and Tazz's posts, it was a singular teamwork-based attack.

I realize the question wasn't directed at me, but uh, I wanted to put my two cents inDON'TKILLMEPLEASEITISONLYMYOPINION.
    You're fine. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion out.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

9. This post has been liked by:

From my reading of Neo and Tazz's posts, it was a singular teamwork-based attack.
    I got that as well, yes. The issue is still that we had no chance at even getting in a reaction post, though. Imagine if we freaked out because, well, freakin' Mega Deoxys is ripping things apart, everyone starts to run around like their heads are cut off. THEN the rail gun comes in, and you can cue more panic. It didn't necessarily have to be a "we attack you back" post, but a reaction post could have added to the drama and at least let us get our characters in on the action in the early stages of the attack rather than waiting for the building to already be demolished before doing so.

Even if said action would be staring out the window and going "Oh, well that's not good." You know what I'm saying?

11. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
    I got that as well, yes. The issue is still that we had no chance at even getting in a reaction post, though. Imagine if we freaked out because, well, freakin' Mega Deoxys is ripping things apart, everyone starts to run around like their heads are cut off. THEN the rail gun comes in, and you can cue more panic. It didn't necessarily have to be a "we attack you back" post, but a reaction post could have added to the drama and at least let us get our characters in on the action in the early stages of the attack rather than waiting for the building to already be demolished before doing so.

Even if said action would be staring out the window and going "Oh, well that's not good." You know what I'm saying?
    Then let's negotiate on this point. I think it's important we do this, otherwise we're not going anywhere with this situation. Let's just start with a hypothetical rewind so I know that if this is what we decide upon, there's a distinctive difference between what has happened and what could happen if we turn the clocks back.

Team Aqua's Trinity Armada is approaching Goldenrod City. The attack has not happened yet, but in an out of character sense, you already know what is going to happen and what we have organized to do.

What do you think should happen at this point in terms of a fair response on behalf of Team Awesome? I know it was made clear by Sabi that we should first attack NPC Johto military forces prior to striking Harper Tower itself, I can agree to that, but I want to hear your thoughts (and anyone else on Team Awesome) first. I did come up with a couple proposals that seemed to have fallen in the cracks. IF we rewind, I want to make sure we're not going to be asked to rewind yet again, and I want to make sure the terms are reasonable and we've agreed on it.

13. This post has been liked by:

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    @Neo Emolga You're welcome. Mega Skuntank gave me... icky feels all over. Was good for... icky feels if they're supposed to feel good.

Okay so there seems to be some confusion with my initial post and what I had a complaint about story wise.

First off, I'm not asking for there to be complete changes, just some. I know you guys have been working hard but that's part of the problem. You guys worked really hard to establish this world and setting and I feel like getting from Hoenn to Johto without something going on is inconsistent, especially with the circumstances. This is my logic for the RP situation thus far:

-The entire world is at war and in Neo's first post, people were being checked for papers going from place to place. That's a lot of security.
    -With Johto already established to be at war already, so super tight security no? As a general common sense this-happens-during-a-war-type-deal?
    -Boats were stolen from an established global superpower. That kind of incident is gonna get plastered on the media somehow. Hell I'm surprised Norb didn't try to do anything with it. I would have loved that, it would have been perfect coverage for you guys.

I mean, I didn't see a reason written anywhere. As a judge I'm sat here going "Well how the funk does that work?" Considering how consistent it's been so far, I feel like stuff was thrown out the window just in favor of getting something done quickly. I'm not entirely cool with that. Especially from people who I know RP really well. You want to go on and attack the Harper Building then, go do your thing, you've had lots of RP time to prepare, but don't skip anything just because you want to get to something ASAP.

tl;dr I'm looking for a filler in what I think is an inconsistency as a judge. Something has gotta change in explanation of something because, to me that just don't work given it's "WAR. WAR EVERYWHERE.".

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

15. This post has been liked by:

I can't say much for my teammates, since I actually only have very little of an idea of what they intend to do to my own character - attempting to dig up dirt, but that won't go well for them. I do think they should be given a chance to get out of the way and analyze the situation, even if it's just a checklist of "What do they have that they are attacking with us, what can we do?" I think, not sure, they are just outside Harper Industries, so if that is getting shot and torn to pieces, they kind of do need a post just to get the fudge out of there. That falling debris likes the taste of human flesh.

My own character and NPC will start initiating a contingency plan. This way I could actually get a decent post in about them setting it up, and then activating it the next post (bear in mind, said plan does NO damage to you guys, so neh), compared to currently where I have to do both... which will likely come out either shoddy and rushed, or ridiculously long.

I realize I'm not much help here, since I can't speak for Caleb or the others too well. And I did read your suggestions, but the issue was just the rapid posting problem and lack of response time, as well as other notable complaints. I don't want your hard work to go to waste, no, but I agree that a compromise needs to be found. I'm trying to look out for my team since, at the moment, they are in rather deep compared to my own character, and I'm trying to think of what is fair for both them and for you guys.

All I can think though is that they really need a good opportunity to get out of the way after the first initial attack (or even just seeing Mevo Deoxys. I'd get out of dodge really quick too, attack or not). I imagine the city will begin retaliating as well, since water forces are not the only thing they will have at their disposal.

...I am really bad at this. I just realized this |D I'm so sorry I'm not helpful...