Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [WAR] Humor

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

[WAR] Humor

Welcome to the WAR Humor Contest! I will be your judge this year! Here, I expect participants to put forth their funniest moments, biggest fails, best jokes, and things of this sort.

Before I continue, I would like to thank the WAR Leaders for allowing me to be a judge.

The way I judge this contest will be simple. How much can you make me laugh? And how well did you stay on topic? For how funny I actually think your joke is, I will grade on a scale of one to one hundred, with one being not funny at all, and one hundred being one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard. In addition to this, you can get up to 50 extra points for staying on theme, with one being completely off topic, and fifty being on topic. As long as you stay on theme, it should be an easy extra fifty points. Also, you will be scored on originality. You will be able to get up to 50 additional points for being original.

Now, I’m sure you will be wondering about the winners. I have three points per week to award winners. The participant who I have given the highest score for their joke will receive 2 of these points, and the next runner up will receive one of them.

To enter, simply post in this thread with your entry by 12:01 A.M EST on the next Sunday. I will judge all entries on that day, and have the winners, along with the next week’s theme up by the end of the day. Please keep entries PG.

This Weeks Theme:
    Anything!

Yes, you heard correctly. For week five, we will have no theme! Don't think this just means you should post any random joke though, because there will still be a catch! This week, you will be graded as a team. Every team will have all of their member's scores averaged together! In addition to this, the final score will have 3 points added to it for every team member that participates, up to a maximum of 12, so make sure to not only talk about your jokes with your team, but get as many of them as possible to enter!

As one final bonus, everyone who enters a joke that DOES NOT fit any previous weeks theme will receive a +5 bonus to their individual final score.
    Last edited by Dragon Master Mike; 08-03-2014 at 09:46 PM.

GCEA Staff

Previous Weeks Winners

Week I: Epic Fails

First Place: The-Hydra

Runner Up: Corey

Week II: Bad Jokes

First Place: Tenacity

Runner Up: Suicune's Fire

Week III: Parody

First Place: Saraibre Ryu

Runner Up: Neo Emolga

Week IV: Memes

First Place: Prince Vultan

Runner Up: Neo Emolga
    Last edited by Dragon Master Mike; 08-06-2014 at 11:48 PM.

You forgot the Sign-Up form, homie. It's cool, I got you:

Username:
    Team:
    Link to story/Story (use spoiler tags, please.):
    Code:
    [Spoiler] [./Spoiler]
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

GCEA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
    You forgot the Sign-Up form, homie. It's cool, I got you:

Username:
    Team:
    Link to story/Story (use spoiler tags, please.):
    Code:
    [Spoiler] [./Spoiler]
    I haven't been told that a signup form is required, and I can get all that info just by looking at the username and I can see the team underneath their avatar. Unless a War Leader tells me I'm required to put a sign up form, I'm not going to put one. Sorry if that came out harsher than I meant it.

5. This post has been liked by:

Just realised I had to PM it to you. Apologies. ;D
    Last edited by Tenacity; 07-08-2014 at 05:05 PM.

| | |

How high can Tenacity get on the official Showdown Server's ladders?
    Spoiler:
    Format | Core Pokemon | Highest Rating | Highest Ranking | W/L

OU || 1677 | 497th/500 | 50/27
    Random | ? | 1605 | Unranked | 42/13

7. This post has been liked by:

Username: Brettles
    Team: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    Story:
    Spoiler:

Epic fail by the VCE coordinator.
    Many years ago when I was a brand new teacher I witnessed a wonderful fail by our school's VCE coordinator. (VCE is senior school education here in Victoria, Australia. The VCE coordinator is responsible for senior student well being and discipline.)

Our school is located on top of a hill, and our senior students came up with the brilliant idea of freezing giant ice blocks in old ice cream containers to ride down the hill.

On the day of their planned ice ride they procured a video camera to film the action and took the giant ice cubes to the hill ready to slide Down.

This is where the VCE coordinator comes in. He saw what the students were about to do and came out yelling at them to stop being so irresponsible. The students did respond the way he wanted, but instead tried to convince to let the ride the ice down the hill.

The VCE coordinator got angry at their 'lack of respect' and decided to show his dominance. He picked up one of the blocks ice, raised it above his head and threw it to the ground to shatter it and intimidate the students into not pushing him any further. Unfortunately he decided to contain the mess by hurling the block of ice into garden bed. Hitting the soft soil, the block ice stayed in one piece.

Rather than being intimidated the students laughed and gave him suggestions for weight training.

The VCE coordinator was not amused, and was even less happy that the whole incident was caught on tape and circulated throughout the year.

9. This post has been liked by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Sent for Team Trainer!

this for evidence of participation

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Sent in my entry! Evidence!

Something something I sent you a PM.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

42, that is the answer Soulmaster's Avatar
    Oh, posting that we sent. Well then I also sent a failed fail in.

Shiny URPG Stats
    Feel Free To Ask Me Any Questions! Banner by Neo Emolga