Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    All these Drawn Art themes seem to coincide with those for Creative Writing. It really exhausts my creative juices. xD

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    @Suicune's Fire, thanks a lot! You've been pretty stiff competition thus far yourself, and it's really cool that you included the shiny forms - I never even thought of that!
    No worries, bro-sis cookie! 8D Haha yay. c: Glad I can be competition. AS WELL AS A RUTHLESS JUDGE, RIGHT?! ...Or not ruthless. Lol. And haha, I see it so much on fakemon pictures so I thought it would be fitting. x) I loved your ones, especially their descriptions. O:

@Lunar Latias, they do? How so? xD Life and nature... I guess I can see how they're linked, although not really, considering this is week four's theme and nature was week three's CW theme.

~SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    No worries, bro-sis cookie! 8D Haha yay. c: Glad I can be competition. AS WELL AS A RUTHLESS JUDGE, RIGHT?! ...Or not ruthless. Lol. And haha, I see it so much on fakemon pictures so I thought it would be fitting. x) I loved your ones, especially their descriptions. O:

@Lunar Latias, they do? How so? xD Life and nature... I guess I can see how they're linked, although not really, considering this is week four's theme and nature was week three's CW theme.

~SF.
    I don't know. Maybe it's just how I link them. Either way, the story I just entered in CW has a direct link to this week's Drawn Art theme. Only obviously not drawn. xD

I didn't realize they seemed to fit together, but I can see that now. What a strange coincidence, haha. I was trying to go for something very open ended this week so people aren't restricted too much, and I thought of this without realizing that it went together with one of the writing themes.

Also @Velocity you may add blood to your drawing. As long as you don't go too overboard with it that will be fine as it will make it more realistic. Don't add too much blood and gore though. :)

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Actually, I think Lunar Latias was referring to how Week 4's Drawn Art matches Week 1's Creative Writing (Afterlife) and Week 2's Drawn Art matches Week 3's Creative Writing (Nature)

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Actually, I think Lunar Latias was referring to how Week 4's Drawn Art matches Week 1's Creative Writing (Afterlife) and Week 2's Drawn Art matches Week 3's Creative Writing (Nature)
    Bingo. I meant the themes as a whole, in general. They're actually quite close. I was hoping for variation - mind you I'm not sure you consorted with the other judges so you could not have known.

Despite that, I'm still going to try to enter! I have fragments of an idea playing about in my head. xD

Username:Brettles
    WAR Team: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    Link to Art: image
    Art Submission:
    Cubone has been searching for his mother. He doesn't understand where she has gone!

Username: XaiakuX
    WAR Team: Awesome
    Link to Art: The Death Sentence
    Art Submission:

A man is sentenced to death for a crime he didn't commit. At the same time, the man had brought a child into the world. A good man, honorable man, and respectable man. Because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, he will never get to see his son grow up to be the same kind of man. His son will never know his father. He will wonder, he will have questions, and he will learn the truth.

Spoiler:

To further explain my style, I had planned to go a completely different direction with this when I drew the Reaper and the Man in the center. My plan changed when I decided to place a child into the scenario. So if everything seems a little off on the right side of the image, that's why. As far as the extra bits of grey floating around the image, I decided to keep them in place for effects, It sort of helps ME bring the image together a little bit. I also want to point out that I (for the most part) erase the background and made it black. I suppose I did this merely to emphasize the dark mood of the story and thus the art. Other than all of that, I did this drawing with a mechanical pencil and some colored pencils.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Username: Velocity!
    WAR Team: Awesome!
    Link to Art: Up From the Ashes.
    Art Submission:
    Spoiler:

There's a lot of life-and-death-related imagery surrounding birds, and I feel like the phoenix is the cumulation of that, symbolizing both sides of the coin in one. The phoenix dies in order to bring forth new life - not unlike trees after a forest fire. The fire has the potential to destroy, but sometimes it comes as a purge, clearing away the old in order to bring the new forward. That's what this phoenix is doing - using its power to bring life back to the ruined forest. Life and Death is a complicated subject, and so I decided to condense it into something closer to rebirth.

TL;DR, Life and Death is really complex, the concept of rebirth and purification by fire is very interesting to me, and I love to draw birds and glowy bits.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

12. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Brettles View Post
    Username:Brettles
    WAR Team: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
    Link to Art: image
    Art Submission:
    Cubone has been searching for his mother. He doesn't understand where she has gone!
    Totally stole my idea. xD Though it's okay because I didn't have the time to finish my entry. Darnit.