Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    OH MY GOSH THAT IS EPIC. XD Thanks; I really like it! A criticism is that I notice mostly all the outlines are too light. Especially the white pants. It should be much darker so it doesn't clash so much. Also, the brown boot might look better if it stretches to the back of the part of the leg touching the ground, as opposed to him standing on his pants. XD It would fit the reference image better. Also, part of his purple butt is still showing. xD Better make that white. All in all though, it's great. xD Just remember those darker lines...and the purple butt!

In reference to your comment about changing the file type...it's too late. If you've already saved it as a JPG, you will never get the quality back. :c

~SF.
    I can just go over it again and change the save file.

Edit:

Here is the clean one!
    Last edited by Shiny Totodile; 07-09-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: I did it :)
    I made this myself!!! Come check out my deviantart page at http://mrcoolbro3.deviantart.com/. And here's my shop! http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...hop-of-Sprites

Nice changes! I like the boot adjustment better. :] Your outlines are still far too light, though. See how the outlines and the darker shade of green practically blend together? You don't want that. Take a look at the outlines used for the green ears and the purple body. They don't clash and their outlines are fairly dark. If you try to replicate that for the costume parts it'll turn out better.

Fusions
    Base Pokemon: Gengar
    Second Pokemon: Mandibuzz

You can decide the rest. :D

~SF.

I have another tip to help with the outline-colour critique Xanthe has been mentioning.

Are you using the latest version of MS Paint for your sprites? If so, there's a way you can ensure that all colours you use do not clash with each other (based on light, not colour combinations).

You see how the darkest purple outline doesn't clash with the mid-tone purple? If you can match the green outlines to have the same level of light (or luminosity) hitting them that the purple ones do, it should look just as official as the original sprites.

Here's how to do it (see image below):

Spoiler:

What you do is, you set the darkest purple outline as colour two, and the shade of green you want to make as dark as the purple as colour one. Then, go into the edit colours box with colour two selected. Copy the LUM number. Then, go into the edit colours prompt with colour one selected. Copy and paste colour two's LUM number into colour one's LUM number. If you did that correctly, the two colours will be of identical lighting. If you did this for all of your shades when doing recolours or when making edits such as yours, the difference in lighting between each shade should be as good as official sprites. You can then use colour one to colour in the darkest green outline.

I'm pretty sure other art programs have similar functions, but you'd have to tell me which one you use if you're not sure. xD

I hope that helped. :)

| | |

How high can Tenacity get on the official Showdown Server's ladders?
    Spoiler:
    Format | Core Pokemon | Highest Rating | Highest Ranking | W/L

OU || 1677 | 497th/500 | 50/27
    Random | ? | 1605 | Unranked | 42/13

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
    I have another tip to help with the outline-colour critique Xanthe has been mentioning.

Are you using MS Paint for your sprites?
    Yeah, and I'm almost done with your request.
    I made this myself!!! Come check out my deviantart page at http://mrcoolbro3.deviantart.com/. And here's my shop! http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...hop-of-Sprites

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Totodile View Post
    Yeah, and I'm almost done with your request.
    I edited in my advice in my original post. :P I figured I'd just tell you regardless of what program, as the process should be pretty similar for all programs.

I look forward to it! :)

And shouldn't this thread be posted in the Spriter's Sanctuary? xD

| | |

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
    I've just got a tiny little critique that I thought you'd appreciate - save your sprites as file type .PNG. It prevents the quality becoming all grainy upon saving the image. :) I noticed the two most recent sprites you did were JPEG.

And just so this comment is worth something, I'll request a sprite!

Pillowshade
    Pokémon: Vanilluxe
    Other: none

Thanks!
    Here you go Tenacity!

Edit:

I think I did it right this time, and I don't really want to do it again
    nidoking_as_link_by_mrcoolbro3-d7pwnzz.png
    Last edited by Shiny Totodile; 07-10-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Here you go Tenacity!
    Haha, looks awesome! :) How do you do it? I've never done a pillowshade for myself before.

| | |

Spoiler:

I think I did it right this time, and I don't really want to do it again
    nidoking_as_link_by_mrcoolbro3-d7pwnzz.png
    Yes, that looks a LOT better this time! :D Well done! I hope you can see the difference. x) Dontcha think it looks better now? :D

~SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Nice changes! I like the boot adjustment better. :] Your outlines are still far too light, though. See how the outlines and the darker shade of green practically blend together? You don't want that. Take a look at the outlines used for the green ears and the purple body. They don't clash and their outlines are fairly dark. If you try to replicate that for the costume parts it'll turn out better.

Fusions
    Base Pokemon: Gengar
    Second Pokemon: Mandibuzz

You can decide the rest. :D

~SF.
    Sorry it took me so long, but here it is!

Haha aww, that Gengar/Mandibuzz fusion is so unique! I have to admit that Nidoking is fantastic, I am looking forward to seeing more from you. :) GL with the sprites!

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max