Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Here's my two cents.

I'm on board with the two team concept. Four members minimum is perfect. You'd be surprised what a team of four can do. Add that with a second team of four, and you've already got eight RPers. Of course this is just the minimum requirement, and maybe if enough interest is generated amongst those who have never RPed as well, you can build a third and fourth team. That's hopeful thinking though. Two teams, four members minimum. Also, I like Finch's notion of having a draft. It switches things up and makes things all the more interesting, but that's just a personal preference.

As far as the setting goes, I don't really care. Maridia would be ideal simply because most of us already know the location well enough. However, I'm game if the setting is different as well. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just there to RP.

Project list would be nice, but mainly for newer RPers. However, since the majority of us participating are vets, I think we can do without them. I'm good with whatever.

Personally, I'd prefer if Pokémon are involved. Great way to engage the enemy besides all of the weaponry. And c'mon.. they're Pokémon! Why would we not include the critters?

Anyways, there you go.
    Stay Gold

Dreams are everlasting...
    Simply Super!

In case anyone's interested/nostalgic, my old concept: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=94769

Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    That's actually quite good Finch. Needs updates for new generations and maybe teams changed to account for teams created if this becomes the Team RP, but it's a good idea. Dunno how I missed it when it ran.

Oh and the teams are hilarious!

An idea like this was my original idea for the Sonic/Pokémon RP, but people wanted a melding of worlds and there were other issues in how it was handled.

And I'm still against drafts/ceilings.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-26-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, I wouldn't do a draft or a ceiling. While some might see it as a good opportunity to try something new, I think most people don't really bother giving it a chance and just head off to do other things.

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    My thoughts:

First of all, I don't want to jump the gun too much. I'd really like to finish out the WAR RP.

What is the threshold for "enough interest" in order to begin planning a Team RP?
    12-16 people seems fair.

What is the entrance requirement for a team? How many teams will there be?
    I'm liking the 4x2... system we're talking about right now.

Modern technological level or futuristic?
    I kind of want to go futuristic.

Will it be set on the Pokemon-world/Maridia or on a planet(s) of our own creation?
    What if we had each team create and control an entire dimension? So one team could be a future dimension, one could be a magic dimension, one could be the Pokemon dimension... etc so that everyone sort of gets to do what they want and we can do something of a scale not yet done.

Should project lists be re-introduced?
    No.

Do we need to have Pokemon in the RP?
    See above. I'm just getting a little tired of the little critters, that's all.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

I'd also like to finish the current War RP before this gets started.

I think making up entire dimensions is a bit ambitious. It could take weeks or months to make, not to mention look overwhelming and going into the mind blown area. If we do that, let's stick to, at max, a planet per team and planets in a single solar system. Reminds me of that one Team RP from before where we did that after War 5. I still have the Calmencia map.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-26-2014 at 04:15 AM.

The dimension idea, although clever and a new frontier that we haven't tackled yet, would require a semi-large amount of RPers in my opinion. I can't see it flourishing with just two teams, you know? It can work, but I'd much rather have 4-5 teams each in control of their own dimension rather than Team A and Team B in charge of two separate dimensions. With two teams, I feel like we have to go on a smaller scale.
    Stay Gold

Simply Super!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBoy View Post
    The dimension idea, although clever and a new frontier that we haven't tackled yet, would require a semi-large amount of RPers in my opinion. I can't see it flourishing with just two teams, you know? It can work, but I'd much rather have 4-5 teams each in control of their own dimension rather than Team A and Team B in charge of two separate dimensions. With two teams, I feel like we have to go on a smaller scale.
    It could always be a 2 dimensions, multiple factions within each type affair. A team could choose their starting dimension/location within it (still using my old example for reference here) and backstory/goals could vary wildly. Just a nice way to interweave the Pokemon world with ancient, modern, or futuristic real-world combat.

^ Cheers, Lunar Latias

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    It could always be a 2 dimensions, multiple factions within each type affair. A team could choose their starting dimension/location within it (still using my old example for reference here) and backstory/goals could vary wildly. Just a nice way to interweave the Pokemon world with ancient, modern, or futuristic real-world combat.
    Just read through the link that you posted above. It's very interesting. An idea like that works because it's two dimensions, so two teams would definitely flourish. I was just referring to an idea with multiple dimensions with my statement above. Anything with 3+ dimensions wouldn't work out in my opinion with just two teams; however, an idea like yours is solid.

Can't believe I missed out on that RP.
    Stay Gold

Simply Super!

Finch and Cold you're thinking of planets. Pokémon world is one planet. Earth is one planet. That's what I suggested. Entire dimensions are like entire solar systems, universes, and galaxies. There's no way in a million years somebody can design an entire dimension.