Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I feel a little like I'm repeating myself here but I'll try to rephrase: I am not proposing world building of any sort. The assumption is that extraterrestrial travel/colonisation are out of both Earth and Maridia's technological scopes with the sole exception of interplanetary travel with one another. Call it what you will, but there doesn't seem to be anything complicated about using two already established settings side by side.

^ Cheers, Lunar Latias

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I feel a little like I'm repeating myself here but I'll try to rephrase: I am not proposing world building of any sort. The assumption is that extraterrestrial travel/colonisation are out of both Earth and Maridia's technological scopes with the sole exception of interplanetary travel with one another. Call it what you will, but there doesn't seem to be anything complicated about using two already established settings side by side.
    Agreed. Sounds simple enough to me.
    Stay Gold

Dreams are everlasting...
    Simply Super!

Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    I do like that old RP idea of yours Finch.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah/Ava by Neo Emolga

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
    Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I had a great reply here and the forum ate it. Let's see if I can recreate it.

Tazz, do you have ANY idea how much work it would take to create just one planet? Just one. Look at how much room we have on our world. Now imagine using that as an RP. At most we would use like a couple of cities at best. Example: Look at how much of the Pokémon world was actually used in the recent War RP, and that's just one planet. There's a ton of room on just one planet. It's just too much work to create more than one planet per team just to leave the majority of each underutilized. It's too complicated. All we need is one planet per team in the same solar system, and just give them different world rules (Pokémon or no Pokémon, medieval or star trek like and so on), because a planet can have a ton of room especially with RP space being arbitrary. I urge you to look on the Aqua forums for the solar system designed before. It's huge man, and one planet per team was plenty.

Oh, well in that case Finch I see your point. Technically they could have both been Earth so you're not completely off, but there's really no need to suggest making entire dimensions. One planet per parallel dimension being linked to is plenty, as you did in your RP.
    We can world-build as we go though. We don't need to hone in on each individual aspect of each planet/dimension/city/whatever before the RP. We just need to have a general idea of the geography we have to play with and let people go nuts. That's how I made Ramdyne. That's how Neo made Kazmar.* It worked pretty well for both of us then.

*Ramdyne and Kazmar were the two planets Neo and I created for the solar system in the WAR Season V RP.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    That still just seems like way too much work for little use out of it. Keep it to one planet per team and it still feels epic enough but not overwhelming. Otherwise it's too complicated. That's exactly how we can have what @Pokemon Trainer Sarah suggested: Newbie friendly and not intimidating.

And in the subject of Coruscant, go play SWTOR. You can explore a lot of it. Still not all of course, but a lot. They do that with all the playable planets.
    While I do understand that being Newbie-friendly is desired, there's only so much I'm willing to sacrifice to get there. I still want to do something original that will keep all of our interest while also capturing the imaginations of those not as inundated as us.

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    Thanks guys for the invite but to be honest, I don't think I have the time to devote to a full Team style RP right now. I have just started a new job and I really like the work that I have been doing for PXR as a writer and want to keep my pace of articles going. Maybe when things settle down a bit then I will try my best to get back into Team/Forum base RPing.

So far all things look great and glad to see many vets and newcommers entering the arena.
    Awww Mikey. We've been missing your special brand of insanity in the WAR RP too. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I wouldn't feel comfortable doing a Team RP on Earth. Particularly with the crazy military shit we do, in this day and age, talking about things that explode and real life locations gets you put on lists.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

5. This post has been liked by:

I can see this working if it's done carefully and planned well. For the most part I'd limit other solar systems to being curiosities or resources - I generally build solar systems for the heck of it while keeping them moderately realistic, and I might do that for this RP just to at least make the universe feel...full. I would love to use one of my solar systems that I already built though... Well, planet, and sun. The other planets aren't really there currently but XD Always room for expansion!

As for technology, well, having them be on different planets would easily explain that issue. Alternatively, the planet itself could be highly segregated on sides, or perhaps the civilians on the moon developed differently from the planet. There are a ton of possibilities to go with this :3

Pokemon, we can do with or without. Inb4Digimon. He he. I'm not helpful here but people have already have four pages to throw ideas XD I must say the Wreck-It-Ralph idea is pretty neat, too, and I do think at least two teams should be present, but more would be a bonus.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    You make solid points rusty, and yea I honestly wouldn't be comfortable using a copy of our own world either.

I was saying before that different planets could have different world rules. No need to have entire dimensions, just one solar system. But see, Grassy seems to agree. Reusing a solar system we already have, either by rusty or Grassy sounds like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
    I wouldn't feel comfortable doing a Team RP on Earth. Particularly with the crazy military shit we do, in this day and age, talking about things that explode and real life locations gets you put on lists.
    A fair point, hadn't even considered that to be honest. I still think the travel mechanic, or something similar, would be a plausible way to connect playspaces without years of spaceflight. Just use different planets I guess.

^ Cheers, Lunar Latias