View Poll Results: What is your Sexual Orientation?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heterosexual (Straight)

26 50.98%
  • Bisexual

6 11.76%
  • Homosexual (gay/lesbian)

6 11.76%
  • Asexual

7 13.73%
  • Polysexual/Pansexual

0 0%
  • Graysexual/Demisexual

3 5.88%
  • Questioning

3 5.88%
  • No label

0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Straight for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Gay is used in place of homosexual, so it goes for both sexes (though many call female homosexuals lesbians). Gay went from meaning happy to meaning homosexual, because homosexuality was listed as a sociopathic personality disorder in the DSM until '73, and most people didn't want to identify themselves as sociopathic. Thus, the switch of the meaning of gay happened in the late 20s/early 30s. :P /gayhistory

At one point I identified as bisexual, just to avoid having to explain homoflexibility every five minutes, so I understand why you'd avoid the term. :P
    That is a really interesting fact, Corey. I seriously did not actually know that! The more you know.

@Nagisa: while this is also a really old post I'm responding to, I actually would kinda like to know what the story is more now that you've said people will jump down your throat for it. And I honestly don't think people will, so long as you don't act bigoted about your opinion...which I know you won't. :P I mean, you're a really cool and humble person from what I can tell!

But pretty much any regular PXRian is mature enough to understand and NOT pounce on you. x]

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Interesting thread. I personally identify as pansexual, someone who can be attracted by every gender, such as transsexuals, hermaphrodites, people who identify as male, but are female, and the other way around. Bisexuality on the other hand means your only attracted to two genders, but I guess it's the closest thing so that's what I used for this poll :P

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    That is a really interesting fact, Corey. I seriously did not actually know that! The more you know.

@Nagisa: while this is also a really old post I'm responding to, I actually would kinda like to know what the story is more now that you've said people will jump down your throat for it. And I honestly don't think people will, so long as you don't act bigoted about your opinion...which I know you won't. :P I mean, you're a really cool and humble person from what I can tell!

But pretty much any regular PXRian is mature enough to understand and NOT pounce on you. x]
    @Speed-X Well, most people who I've told this story to already who don't know my particular friend always pounce on me. One of my friends recently came out as bisexual, and people are getting all down my throat about it because I don't believe her. But all her friends who have known her for years all agree with me that none of us think she actually is, and I have a good reason to not believe her, because a few years ago, I thought I was bisexual, before figuring out I wasn't, and that it was just an ideal. I've always stood up for gay rights really strongly, so basically, I just ended up thinking I was bisexual. And she is even worse than me on the standing up for gay rights, so what I think is that she is going through the dilemma that I did.
    (Also she wants a 'gay best friend' so....)

But a lot of people just think I'm being "non-accepting" and "not supportive", but I feel like I know her well. We spend 5 days a week together for about 7 hours a day, so I'd like to think I know her well.

Sometimes people will act gay or bi just for attention. Some people do it out of curiosity. That's a stupid reason for them to jump down your throat just because you simply didn't believe her and nothing more. Sounds like something a typical tumblr social justice warrior would do/say (that you're "not tolerant enough") if you ask me.

Also its kinda a big change when we find out a good friend of ours discovers they've come out of the closet. Its a little shocking at first to find out, but you still love them all the same because they're your friend. Its happened to a lot of friends of mine in the past, and I'm sure it will continue to in the future.

But yeah, also don't feel pressured to be one sexuality or the other because people think you're a ***** for being straight or something. I don't think that happened here, but I was just thinking

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

I'm kind of questioning my own sexual orientation. I'm mostly straight as far as I can tell, but part of me feels like I may be asexual...

I need to know myself better in that regard. Almost sure I'm straight, though.

@Nagisa

People are stupid, don't worry about it. If you feel like you know your friend well enough and it just doesn't seem like them/know what they're going though, it's dumb of people to tell you that you aren't being supportive. I have a friend who decided rather than go to college, she was going to join the Air Force reserves, and because she's such a goofy person among other things, I couldn't (and still just can't quite) believe it was totally her decision. She got annoyed at me for being confused rather than happy. Hopefully your friend will figure out herself, just like I'm hoping mine will, and people will stop giving you crap for it soon.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

8. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm straight personally but I am always there to support people of other orientations. I understand that certain people have different tastes than me and they are entitled to that. Long as they don't force it on me then they can have at it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

10. This post has been liked by:

Animator of the Sprites ZrowNoodles's Avatar
    D: But what if I'm sapiosexual?

I'm out of Noodles. :c
    Sprite & Avatar Credits to the Awesome Speed-X

Normal : Alternative : Reverse
    | |

I consider myself heterosexual but there have been instances where I've been attracted to guys. I can count those instances on one hand but it still counts.