View Poll Results: What is your Sexual Orientation?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heterosexual (Straight)

26 50.98%
  • Bisexual

6 11.76%
  • Homosexual (gay/lesbian)

6 11.76%
  • Asexual

7 13.73%
  • Polysexual/Pansexual

0 0%
  • Graysexual/Demisexual

3 5.88%
  • Questioning

3 5.88%
  • No label

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What is your Sexual Orientation?

I'm curious to see the demographics of this, so there's also a poll! A very simple question; what is your sexuality? This is not a thread to post inappropriate pictures or things, by the way! I know from my numerous years on PE2K/PXR that we have a very diverse group of members, and it's actually quite fascinating! I've become close friends with a lot of the members here, so I also know we have quite the variety when it comes to sexuality!

To further elaborate on the question, human sexuality is rather complex. There are many types of identities that people associate themselves with, and there is no way I can cover all of those here. I'll be providing the general options, from both binary and non-binary categories; heterosexual (straight), bisexual, homosexual (lesbian/gay) asexual (none), gray/demi-sexual, pansexual (all)/polysexual (many), questioning (unsure), or no label. As I said, there is no way to cover every single identity, so I've covered what I can in the broad sense!

As I mentioned earlier, there is a poll. I have set the poll NOT to show who chose what, so have no fear if you're worried that people will see. c: Feel free to explain your sexuality, but you by no means are required to if you feel uncomfortable! PXR is an open, hate-free environment. As the rules state, any flaming/trolling/etc will not be tolerated, so you should feel safe here. Still, it's your choice if you choose to explain.

As an ice breaker, I'll go first! In a broad sense, I'm simply a gay/homosexual male. Specifically, I'm what you'd call homoflexible, meaning I'm not entirely closed to the idea of the opposite sex romantically, but a relationship would be incidental. I "came out" earlier this year (around Spring in America) after questioning my sexuality for a couple of years. I never really came out, I just started casually mentioning that I was gay if someone asked or if the topic came up. People were, to my general surprise, more comfortable with it than I imagined. I still reserve myself around some, if I feel they'd give me a rough time. Ah well. :P

|||||||||

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I'm about 90% sure that I'm asexual; if I'm not, then I'm demisexual. I've never had a close enough romantic connection with anyone to really gauge my feelings on the matter properly, but I have never experienced sexual attraction of any kind toward anyone, and given that I often feel uncomfortable about things pertaining to sex, I have serious doubts that that will change any time soon.

That said, I am decidedly not aromatic (which, Corey, maybe that should be an option in the poll...?). To be precise, I'm heteroromantic (being female, I'm romantically attracted to males), and I form romantic attraction pretty easily, although as I said I haven't ever had much of a strong romantic connection before. Due to a combination of circumstances (my own weird mental wiring + never really knowing any guys who I thought attractive in any way), though, I never actually had so much as a crush until I was about 15! Even after I formed the crush, though, my attractions were rather strictly limited - all I really wanted, or want now, out of any hypothetical partnership was/is kisses, cuddles, emotional support, and shared interest in nerdy media. I was pretty happy when I stumbled across the concept of asexuality after I joined Tumblr (I think this was about a year ago...?); it made perfect sense to me, and it fit me to a T.

Fortunately, sexual/gender identity has never been much of a struggle for me, although it was really cool to find an identity that fit me so well. I personally actually enjoy being asexual; it's a little irksome to have people telling me that I'll "come around when I find the right guy" or some such, but it's one less complication that I have to worry about. Now it's just a matter of actually finding the right guy - namely, the one who simply wants kisses, cuddles, emotional support, and shared interest in nerdy media, where any further escalation is secondary, and mutually a non-expectation upon the relationship's entry.

So, yeah! Ace pride!

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

3. This post has been liked by:

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I've actually never heard of gray/demisexual. I had to look up what that was.

Personally, I'm heterosexual, but I have a ton of friends who are either bisexual or homosexual (TBH probably about 50% of my friends), and never judge anyone based on their sexual orientation.

Sometimes though I wish I was Asexual. It really sucks when you start liking friends of the opposite gender when all you want is to be friends with them. You don't want to be anything more than friends, but you can't help how you feel. At least, that's how it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    That said, I am decidedly not aromatic (which, Corey, maybe that should be an option in the poll...?).
    I was unsure of putting the romantic orientation on the poll as they aren't sexual, and I was mainly gonna leave it to the person to explain their romantic orientation. O: I do know that some people won't post due to various concerns, though, so I dunno. I can't edit polls anyways. xD /shot

|||||||||

6. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Sometimes though I wish I was Asexual. It really sucks when you start liking friends of the opposite gender when all you want is to be friends with them. You don't want to be anything more than friends, but you can't help how you feel. At least, that's how it is for me.
    There is a difference between asexuality/aromanticism. "Aromantic" means you don't feel romantic attraction in the same way that "asexual" means you don't feel sexual attraction. Unless that's what you meant. :P Although it is definitely possible to be attracted to any gender regardless of whether you're aromantic or asexual. It's just that since "hetero" is the most common orientation among people, that's what you're likely to see.

I know how you feel, though. I crush literally all the dang time, and I've had more than one crush with someone who I really don't want a relationship with. XD

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Heterosexual. I have seen some attractive girls and I'm sure they're nice, but I'm just too shy...

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Heterosexual. :D Though I know how it is when you're friends with a guy, and you just wanna be friends and then BAM! Romantic feelings! >n< I don't know many guys as it is, so I really only have a few guy friends. Those I got close to...didn't really work out, and then I lost them. Maybe asexual really wouldn't be such a bad thing in cases like that.

Though I know, out there somewhere (in a galaxy far, far away), is some epic guy just waiting for me to find him. Cx

I only have eyes for myself. I'm one tasty piece of meat

^ Cheers, Lunar Latias

11. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I only have eyes for myself. I'm one tasty piece of meat

Unless you look like that turian in your banner, dream on, muppet.

13. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

Unless you look like that turian in your banner, dream on, muppet.
    Mean but justified I suppose.

^ Cheers, Lunar Latias