Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Finished Colin and Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Yes, that would be great!

Thinking of allowing everyone to make one or two more minor reoccurring characters that they'd control. Just note that, if they have a Digimon, they'd only be capable of Champion (might change that, but its unlikely). They could be people or Digimon.

For now though, I'll limit it to one reoccurring human character.

What do you guys think?
    Would it be alright if I had two Crestless characters instead of one with a Crest?
    Last edited by Sieses; 09-22-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Retroactively changing this to my standard font.

Breaker of the Fourth Wall Tyler Phoenix's Avatar
    If we're going to talk about having another recurring character fit in, that's perfect, as I have a character planned that fits well with Tyler.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Slightly off topic, but I found these...

I am probably gonna end up spending more money on this than I should...

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    I know almost nothing about Digimon. Even with that wiki my knowledge is very limited...

So, I'm going to go and make the best of it: I want to make a character that is not only crestless, but starts with no Digimon at all (if that's OK). He's really good at boxing and has brass knuckles. That's pretty much it. If he gets a Digi, it will be in the RP itself.

I'm reserving a crestless character for now, though. I've been drawn in and I will not depart. I'll PM you, Etern-a specific aspect of his character is probably concerning enough on its own to need some separate clearance. Speaking of questions, might as well ask this now: Is it possible to have more than one Digimon as time goes on?

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    I know almost nothing about Digimon. Even with that wiki my knowledge is very limited...

So, I'm going to go and make the best of it: I want to make a character that is not only crestless, but starts with no Digimon at all (if that's OK). He's really good at boxing and has brass knuckles. That's pretty much it. If he gets a Digi, it will be in the RP itself.

I'm reserving a crestless character for now, though. I've been drawn in and I will not depart. I'll PM you, Etern-a specific aspect of his character is probably concerning enough on its own to need some separate clearance. Speaking of questions, might as well ask this now: Is it possible to have more than one Digimon as time goes on?
    @The Nonexistent Tazz

Digimon as a partner it's under very special circumstances that a Tamer/Digidestined gets more than one Digimon. Also TNT, you can ask me anything about Digimon, I know just as much about it as I do Pokemon, if not more. I think I have your skype? If you have a skype? Or just PM me or VM me or something. XD
    @Comatose

Jacob. Why. WHY DID YOU LINK THAT. I only have the money of Canadia. I know not how to convert into this Australialand monies.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

7. This post has been liked by:

I'll stick with just Tim for now. Having to control both Tim and Alice, it's going to be like having two characters already. ^^; Anyone else would just be NPCs...

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Somehow I feel I'll regret joining this RP deeply, just because of time restraint on a schedule that simply can't afford it some days and lack of knowledge (my exploitation thereof aside). Also, because I didn't really use him much in GCeA X...

Name: Valerian 'Titan' Krannal
    Appearance: Valerian is 7-feet tall and bulky in composition, making him an utter, indomitable giant for his age-a fact he's capitalized on with a lot of weight and endurance training. His muscles are huge, almost sculpture-like, proof of his long and vigorous bodily upkeep. Being an aspiring boxer, his bottom half is just as muscly as his top half and he moves very fast for it-it is unwise to think this giant is at all slow. His face is somewhat angular with a cleft on his chin, beady frost-blue eyes, a sharp jaw, a monobrow, a rather stout, square nose, and the beginnings of facial hair on his sides. His hair is a curly black rag befitting a mop, though it's typically shaven to a clean buzz cut.

Valerian's clothes are rather plain. When the RP starts, he sports red jogging shorts and a T-shirt with Little Mac delivering his Star Punch, reading "Your face here" on the uppercutting glove. Of course, this is likely to change as the RP goes on, especially if it doesn't all happen in a day.

Personality: Valerian is rather rough around the edges and he's no teddy bear under that skin, but he's calm, polite, and generally doesn't start the ruckus. His temper is under check and control and is very average, and henceforth it takes true stupidity to anger him (with no self-defense measures immediately available); having a massive slab of meat punching you is never a fun prospect at the end of the day. He knows how to work his size and strength to his advantage, but ultimately he's not the type to seek fights and will generally ignore you if you don't bother him. On the other hand, those who do find that he's not just very strong, but also very good at finding and exploiting patterns and weaknesses.

Valerian's relationship with boxing is multifaced, yet simple enough: He wants a level of self-defense, he wants to do something where he can make use of his considerable physical strength, his family were boxers before him, and of course, professional-level boxing pays the bills. He also likens it to stress relief; punching a guy in the face is pretty fun, apparently, especially when it's all just a sporting competition. With all of that said, Valerian, though fully capable of talking to others, is a bit of an introvert and prefers to keep his distance from other living things.

Very surprisngly, Valreian is also a big Nintendo fan and loves Smash Bros to a competetive level, though he's not very successful. Not convinced? Valerian mains Captain Falcon in Melee and Brawl, and he's looking forward to both him and Little Mac in 4.

History: Valerian's life is honestly relatively simple in and of itself; he grew up on the outskirts of Vegas, born to a family of relatively unsuccessful boxers, most retired, though his mother is a cop and his father currently the owner of a local gym. His schoolwork growing up was average; his exercise, growth rates, and dedication to carry on the simple family tradition to others were not. The local school bullies stayed away from Valerian like a plague as soon as the second grade, and he only got stronger from there as time went on. He made a point to join a school boxing club as soon as he could, and he became a regular at his father's gym the instant he could get in. His nickname, Titan, comes from his boxing style-he favors abusing his massive muscles and endurance to nigh-eternally taking hits from foes, keeping close to the ropes and wearing them out while beating them to a fine paste with well-timed punches.

His parents were facing financial troubles at the time, but it was hardly that which pressured them to sell their land. Rather, in the last six months after E3 and the infamous 'Toy-whatever' incident (as Valerian called it), a local gang of drug dealers-known as the Molten Onyx-rose to some serious prominence without much explamation. The leader of the group proved his sudden rise in power power by blowing up a few neighboring businesses who had slighted him before and stole all their money. How he ever got that powerful remained unexplained to the local public, though a lot of the conspiracy-types swore he got a Digimon. Valerian knew next-to-nothing on the subject himself, nor did his parents, but Digimon or know, there was nothing quite like a few exploded houses to convince one to move, fast. They took a fast trip to LA and quickly integrated themselves by buying a new gym location on the outskirts of the city.

Little did they know that the Molten Onyx decided to expand their reach out of Vegas...

Crest: Valerian is crestless.
    Digivice Colour: Also Digivice-less.
    Other: Valerian is armed with brass knuckles and is a trained boxer with a size rather abnormal for his age. His physical endurance, strength, and speed are all befitting an athlete of his profession. Needless to say, he will not go down easily. It helps a lot, doubly so considering that he has no Digimon whatsoever, as having no Digivice shows. Also, yes, the Molten Onyx will play a huge part in Valerian's own story.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Hiya everyone! Sorry I've not been too active, we kinda had a family issue spring up and it took a lot out of me. However, things have quieted down (for now anyway) so yeah!

It is on the late side here and it's been a long day, so I'll be addressing everything when I get up tomorrow. ^^

Welcome to the RP, Latio! If you have any questions about anything Digimon or RP related, feel free to send me a shout as well. Or post the query here :3

Aaaaand, gonna leave you guys with this awesome pic! Enjoy!

tumblr_mjmhmj5tcQ1s7v3i9o1_500.jpg
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

@Slenderfairy: A detective! He'll have his hands full soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    For a reoccurring human I could use Sable's Aunt. The character I was thinking of was actually a more intelligent than usual bad guy Digimon. One eventually capable of going to Mega as time goes on but usually hangs around as Champion form.
    Since Digimon in the Anime don't need Crests or Cards to obtain Mega, it's okay. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sieses View Post
    Would it be alright if I had two Crestless characters instead of one with a Crest?
    HEY! Long time no see! Sure, that's fine, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardmon View Post
    I'll stick with just Tim for now. Having to control both Tim and Alice, it's going to be like having two characters already. ^^; Anyone else would just be NPCs...
    Alright! There's no pressure to add a extra character whatsoever ^^

@Latio: That looks great! I like how you worked the criminal organization using Digimon into your backstory.

Now, 3 things:

1. I'm raising the age limit from 20 to 24. If anyone wants to edit their characters' age, just let me know. Thinking this might allow more flexibility with characters and such.

2. I know revealing a major plot point before even beginning the story might seem dumb, but I think mentioning that the Digital World will be appearing is fair. Having a Digimon at that point would be a HUGE help, since the place is not very forgiving. Crests will also prove very handy there, but yeah. We'll just have to see how everything plays out. Also, I'm pretty flexible, so if anyone has any ideas for the RP, feel free to bring them up with me or post them here :3

3. Aaaaaand, on that note, I'm thinking of starting the RP soon. SUs will stay open pretty much indefinitely c:

Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB