Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Digimon: Choas Unleased {RP}

The SU/DS thread for this RP can be found here!

-Plot-

[Digimon started off innocent enough, an online game created by the once obscure Iband. Within a short period of time, the game was drawing in countless users and was translated in a few different languages, further perpetuating its popularity. Over the next few years, cards and Digivices were released; players connected them to their computer and could physically swipe them and get one step closer to being a real Tamer…

Needless to say, fans were crazy excited when IBand announced they had plans for Virutal Reality. There was much at stake here, the project was very expensive and fear of failure was high. Being a risk taker, however, the CEO was hopeful success was within reach, which would bring in lofty profits. Sadly, things did in fact hit many snags and was taking much longer than expected.

In order to avoid losing too many players, a major patch was introduced, featuring fusion Digivolution. At first, things went smoothly and people stayed fairly interested in the Digimon game. However, not long before the Virtual Reality unveiling, something went very wrong…

Choasdramon should not exist. When testing new fusions, this monster was created, and the mistake was glaring. The game experienced minor but notable glitches from that moment onward, and removing Choasdramon’s coding proved impossible. Staff had no idea what to make of it, and some suggested taking the game offline for repairs. However doing that so close to revealing the Virtual Reality device after so much time, energy and money was put into it was swiftly rejected. Too risky, they said.

Nobody could have predicted what happened on that day, a day IBand and Digimon fans had been looking forward to for so long. The machine was turned on; blacked out for a moment only for a glithy code to on the screen…

From there, the device proceeded to make a sharp zapping sound and in a show of lights and pixilated effects, a Digimon appeared, right there in the convention centre. Needless to say, that ToyAugmon caused an incredible commotion and roused both excitement and panic from the audience. However, little did anyone know, that was only the beginning…

It seems that whatever happened to the Virtual Reality device tore a hole into the barrier separating the Digital World from Earth. The ToyAugmon at E3 was waved as a publicity stunt to avoid creating panic and confusion. IBand, government agents and select elite programmers worked around the clock to find a way to deal with the monsters that had already escaped the Digital World and to prevent more from appearing. At the same time, it grew increasingly hard to cover up Digimon sightings and the damage some would make.

Not all the digital monsters that came to the human world were bad, however. More than a few players of the Digimon game found their Digivices shaking, glowing and generally not acting as it should. Access to the game had been cut, leaving many wondering what was happening. Those who kept their spazzy Digivices were in for something special; their own Digimon had crossed to the real world to meet up with them. Some took it… badly, but there were those who relished being able to have their own real digital partner. Of course, keeping them hidden from the authorities proved important, for potentially lethal creatures whose existence was constantly being masked falling into the hands of the general public (especially children and teenagers) was not likely going to jive.

Lately, it seems the Digimon appearing are getting bigger, stronger and more dangerous. At the same time, small but notable groups of Tamers have been using their Digimon in “less then honorable” ways. It’s only a matter of time before cover-ups will no longer be able to hide the existence of digital monsters in our world.

Critical questions remain. Does Choasmon have any involvement in these events? Is there something more sinister waiting around the bend? Will the government’s team’s newest plan be more effective then the last? And of course… what will YOUR role in this story be..? Only one way to find out…

-Rules-

-Please do not Godmod /Powerplay. You are not invincible, threatening enemies do not go down in one hit, and dodging every single hit is almost always impossible. As mentioned in the “Important Notes” section, information pertaining to the Digimon situation is scarce at best; you shouldn’t be a fountain of knowledge in this area.

-Please avoid bunnying. Taking control of someone else’s character in any way is not allowed. However, if you have permission to do so, there’s no problem.

-Please be respectful to everyone at all times. We’re all here to have fun and forge a story, not to insult and attack each other. If someone has done something you don’t like, please address in a polite manner.

-To avoid confusion, we’ll be including a header in every post with our character names and our locations.

-If you are unable to post for an extended period, or have to leave the RP, it would be greatly appreciated that you let us know by posting in this thread or by PMing me.

-Posts should be two paragraphs minimum, though making them a little longer would be great. However, don't worry about making posts very long. It's better to be able to post shorter posts on a regular basis then rarely being able to post because it takes too long to write a huge post. I cannot stress this enough. Also... said post A LOT there, didn't I? cx

-Do refrain from using chatspeak in your posts. Typos happen, they're inevitable, but please make an effort to write using proper English.

-Have fun, of course! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to share them c:

-Important notes-

-Your Digivice is a D’Arc model, which is designed to utilize modify cards

-A basic list of modify cards can be found here. Please note that the blue, red and Radiant Fate cards are inaccessible. Creating your own cards is encouraged, but avoid making them overpowered and PLEASE run the idea by me first. Thank-you ^^

-The RP begins about 6 or so months after E3 and is set in Los Angeles and the surrounding area. It would be preferable if your character had something keeping them in the region; living there, studying, ect.

-As officials are attempting to cover the existence of Digimon, accurate information relating to the situation is very hard to come by. Any knowledge on the topic is rare, actually. Most reports on Digimon are in attempts to debunk claims they’ve been spotted or exist.

-It is worth noting that the higher the form a Tamer’s Digimon reaches, the more the Tamer feels the pain their partner receives in battle.

-The Cast-

Accepted:
    Tyler Phoenix-Black Guilmon-Courage
    Saraibre Ryu-Dracomon-Sincerity
    Wizardmon-Gabumon-Kindness
    Me-Kudamon (Savers)-Love
    Comatose-Keramon-Friendship
    The Nonexistent Tazz-No Digimon-No Crest
    Sieses-Impmon-No Crest
    Patamon-No Crest

Reserved:
    Metal Gear Snivy-Bearmon-Knowledge

Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

So the story begins...

Date Unknown
    Name:???

Project D
    Log 33

Finally, our efforts bear fruit. Today’s test proceeded with minor incident, and the results proved promising. I believe that with minor adjustments, we will be in position to commence work on the next phase.

He never believed those words would ever grace his digital log book. When Project D had been proposed, he’d been optimistic, but this soon turned to pessimism in the face of endless setbacks and glitches. The idea was sound; Digimon had an extreme tolerance to conventional weapons and there was no way they’d be able to employ the force needed to destroy them without drawing public attention. They needed a more discreet way of engaging the monsters…

He understood their reasoning, the chance of chaos erupting was great indeed. However, Digimon were manifesting in one of the largest urban centres in the world. They were very lucky almost six months had passed without an incident opening the metaphorical “can of worms”. He knew it was only a matter of time until something happened, something they would be unable to cover up. The situation seemed to be escalating, and the clock continued to tick.

A sigh. There wasn’t much more he could do at this point. His partner was writing an official report, describing the test’s micro details and results for analysis. Until they got feedback, it was a waiting game. A very dangerous one at that…

Instead of stressing further, he continued to write his log, trying to recapture the twinge of optimism he’d had moments ago…

- - - - - - - - -

October 28th, 2014. 12:32 pm
    Name: Robyn Caron

The streets of Los Angeles seemed to be forever busy, no matter the day of the week or hour. Of course, there were spikes in congestions, but there always seemed to be groups of people heading to and from various destinations. It wasn’t until moving here that Robyn understood the concept of being lonely within a crowd…

But today, the young woman was feeling quite cheerful. She’d finished her last midterm less than an hour back and felt it had gone over rather well. The extra studying had paid off, Robyn was sure she’d score a B at least. That would be enough to satisfy her, for sure.

Instead of going home right away, she decided to grab a smoothie and walk over to the game store to see if they had anything she wanted. It had been a fair while since the brunette had bought a new title and since she had no school work to do, now was a good time to do so. The cool drink tasted sweet and had a distinct strawberry-banana flavour, one of her favorites. Slipping the fluid swiftly, she maintained a slow pace walking down the street, headed to the game shop.

Her bag was oddly light, Kya’s absence evident. Robyn never really brought her Digimon to class, it was too risky and the poor thing would have nothing to do all day in a bag anyway.

Above her, the sky was beginning to cloud over, which caught the brunette’s eye. The temperature seemed to be cooling off as well, making her wish she’d worn a thicker sweater. The light grey crop hoodie she had on was comfortable, but was made for a warmer day.

It didn’t take much longer for Robyn to find the store, which was marked with a red sign…

(00C: Robyn's part is a bit weak, but meh)

October 28th, 2014. 12:31 PM
    Names: Alicia and Rebecca Stratos

Upon taking a look up at how the weather was shaping up for the day, Rebecca considered for a moment that it perhaps would have been better for her to have dragged her sister out of the house another day.

They had only just arrived in the city the day before because their parents had something that they had to do there, and so Rebecca had decided to jump the gun at their tradition of her making her sister see the sights while they were still there. Considering how quickly they could leave somewhere when their parents were only visiting for something small, it seemed like a good idea at the time. The rapidly cooling temperature, at least, would not endear the older girl towards the city.

Then again, Alicia was at least wearing a hoodie, which was more than Rebecca could say for herself at that moment. Thus leaving open a rather opportune moment for her to be teased about something or another, which was perhaps worse than her sister not enjoying the city.

Sure enough, Alicia quickly raised an eyebrow. “The weather’s sure feeling nice, isn’t it?”

“Shut up, Lisa,” Rebecca murmured.

The younger girl briefly wondered if her sister expected her to exercise wearing heavy clothing, because that’s what she had been doing before their little excursion. Then again, without having ever done any actual exercising, it was entirely possible that the girl did think that. In any case, it was a rather hypocritical thing for somebody whose legs were almost entirely exposed to tease somebody over.

Rebecca briefly wished that Patamon and Impmon there there, since they were both much less prone to teasing than her sister was, even if the latter had picked up a lot of her other traits. Just transporting them from place to place in a vehicle was dangerous enough, though.

“Hey, Becca, you doing alright?” Alicia frowned, before noticing something that was apparently amusing. “Dude, I think you’re literally shaking right now!”

“I’ve been in colder.” Rebecca rolled her eyes.

“If you say so,” Alicia said dubiously. “Hey, you wanna go check out a game store? It’s been a while since I was to one, and you’ve already dragged me out of the house, so...”

Rebecca smiled slightly at her sister. “I think that sounds like a great idea.”

“Cool! Then let’s go already!”

It took no more effort than Rebecca checking on her phone for the two to find the nearest game store, and it took little time at all for them to actually get to it.

Being more of a gamer out of the two, Alicia almost instantly started to scan the shelves as they entered the place, and predictably focused in on the PC games. They may have had all three of the major consoles at their house, but most of their games ended up being for the PC regardless. Had their parents been any less well-off than they were, Rebecca would have called that a waste of money.

As things were, she merely watched her sister with her arms crossed and a content smile on her face.
    Last edited by Sieses; 09-20-2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: I like the font you're using more than the default one.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

October 28, 12:30pm
    Colin Rohan
    Joe's Cafe, Northridge

"Psst. Colin." whispered Tsumemon from inside Colin's jacket. "Psst. Why aren't you listening? I'm hungry!"

Colin said nothing, and proceeded to 'accidentally' knock his fork off the table. As he crouched under to get it, he whispered into his jacket.

"Because talking to myself will draw attention." Colin whispered before stuffing some food into Tsumemon's mouth, nearly getting bitten in the process.

As he sat back up, he continued eating, and played on his phone. Thought it seemed innocent enough, his eyes would be on the phone for a few seconds, before quickly searching an area of the cafe.

Joe's Cafe, to be honest, was nothing special. The food was cheap, but you got what you paid for. The doorway was between two large buildings, and would lead through a hall to the main cafe. Unless you were looking for it, it was very easy to miss. Colin had become a regular in recent weeks, though it wasn't the food that brought him here, as much as it was the man who ate lunch here every Thursday. The illegal weapons dealer he had been hunting for the last two months.

Colin took another bite of his burger with his left hand, as he opened Facebook with his right. Meanwhile, he had another look. After a second, he saw a reflection in the metallic kitchen door. The man he was after, sitting a few tables behind him, getting up to leave, right after checking his phone. Just like Colin guessed.

After a minute, Colin left a few notes underneath his plate and half-eaten burger, and went to follow the dealer. He knew he might lose him by waiting, but didn't want to risk getting caught out. This was the best lead they had in a while. The suspect always covered his tracks well. He would park away from home, and have his car covered, and always looked over his shoulder.

As Colin made his way to the carpark, he saw the car he was looking for, driving north along the San Diego Highway. It was too late to follow him without drawing attention to himself. Instead, he casually made his way into his car, and got in. Tsumemon jumped out of his jacket, into the passenger seat, and digivolved to Keramon.

"Well that was eventful." Keramon said sarcastically, "Just like last week."

"Don't be too sure of that." Colin said as he opened the center console of the Nissan Skyline, and pulled out an iPad. He quickly unlocked it, and opened a sketching application. His project from last time was still there. A map of Los Angeles, appeared on his screen, with Joe's Cafe in the center, and a circle with a 5 mile radius.

"Remember the other week, I picked the lock of his car?" Colin asked.

"Yeah, and you found jack *****" Keramon said.

"If you're helping me, you gotta be more professional." Colin said. "Anyway, that was useful to us."

"How was that useful?" Keramon asked, somewhat confused.

"Because an hour later, he was caught making an exchange on film in Glendale." Colin said. "I have had the guys at the station keeping an eye out for his car on any security cameras they can. If he had an empty car here, then was able to make the exchange an hour later, he must have gone to where he stores his products between. And given the short time frame between him being here and making the exchange, it must be somewhat close for him to go there, then to Glendale."

"Okay, that is somewhat useful." Keramon replied, "But what about today? He literally got up and left after five minutes."

"That was the plan. I knew he would do that." Colin said with a grin, as he looked at the iPad, trying to think. "We arrested some ape-like idiot two weeks ago for assault, who is known to be connected to him. The ape got out on bail, but while he was in the cell, I may have had one of my friends mess with his phone. Any incoming our outgoing calls or messages are forwarded to me. I got the same message he did. The ape wants a gun, and is meeting him down at Sherman Oaks to make the swap. That is south of here."

"Then what are we waiting for? It is the perfect opportunity to catch this guy!" Keramon said, somewhat irritated. He was getting sick of tailing the same guy day in, day out.

"Because he will only have the weapons he is selling right now. Not enough to use as evidence to put him away for a decent amount of time." Colin said, "We need to find his stash. Where he stores all the illegal weapons. If we can find that, and connect it to him, he cannot escape it. He is going away."

Colin stared at the iPad a few seconds longer, and finally drew a circle on the map.

"Found it already?" Keramon asked, somewhat excited.

"Not quite. But I can narrow it to about a two and a half mile radius." Colin said, showing Keramon the iPad. There was a small circle, including Sylmar, Pacoima and Granada Hills. "The deal for today was for Sherman Oaks, which is south of here. We can assume he wouldn't carry the weapons with him, and when he left here, I saw him drive north on the San Diego Highway. He is probably going to the stash now. And this circle is the only spot that it is really worth taking the highway north to in this area."

Colin locked the iPad, and sat still for a second, still not starting the car. He was trying to process it all, and make sure he hadn't forgotten everything. One mistake, one slip up, and the last month will have been wasted.

"So what now?" Keramon asked eagerly. He was always itching for some action, though it would be hard to blame him, after he had been in Colin's jacket.

"We go home. Nothing else to do now." Colin said, "I will call up work, and ask them to keep an eye on the cameras of freeway exits north of here, and find which one he uses. When we know, we will wait there, and follow him."

Keramon sighed.

"So nothing else today?"

"Nothing."
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 09-24-2014 at 11:42 PM.

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Valerian 'Titan' Frazier
    CA, LA, Outskirts of Northridge and Granada Hills, En-Route to Brentwood.
    October 28th, 2014. 12:39 PM
    Affected RPers: N/A

Valerian was rather noticable in a crowd due to his height, but he drew so little attention you'd think he was part of the concrete.

Fact of the matter was, Valerian really wasn't the sociable type, size be darned. he kept to himself, and quite frankly so did everyone else. He was no bully, nor was he some kind of teddy bear. He was a giant walking among the normal people as casually as possible.

He knew Vegas better than Angeles, but the cities both felt the same, except the big shot gambling wannabes were replaced with big shot hollywood star wannabes, which were arguably somewhat better. At least the 'stars' didn't beg for money to fuel an unhealthy habit...As much. But, the city still felt quite alien. He was still carrying around a bus map, to drive the point firmly home.

He honestly didn't like the reason he moved; apparently some drug gang local to the outskirts of Vegas (where they lived) got a hold of a vaugely-defined 'weapon' of some kind, and this weapon was strong enough to blow up a few buildings uncontested, fast and hard. The gangs never bothered the gym; it was never a bastion of civilization, but the mother was a great policewoman with great aim and a powerful shotgun, and the dad and only son could pull out brass knuckles and simply punch people to unconsciousness. His parents were tough as nails and not usually intimidated by anything as well-and for that matter, he followed suit.

What the weapon those 'Molten Onyx' folk got was beyond Valerian, thoguh. Rumors-persistant but vague-referred to the weapon as some kind of Digimon, grouping it in the same pile of rumors he kept hearing before-that whatever happened at E3 with the virtual reality device for that Digimon game was not at ALL a publicity stunt and that people all over were having them pop out of the internet for some weird reason that effectively did not exist. Valerian had a hard time believing that one, and he didn't even know the game well enough to know what would be the cause. No confirmation of anything, though. The weapon the Molten Onyx had was a total mystery; no survivors to say, no camera feeds to check. All anyone could say was that it was NOT conventional weaponry; the explosion was quite bright, much brighter than most explosives. If they weren't saying 'digimon,' they were saying 'stolen, experimental military technology!' Some of the crazier sorts even insisted it was from Area 51 and that the Molten Onyx broke aliens out of captivity, and they gave them the tech as thanks.

Valerian would have been happy with a gift card. In any case, Valerian didn't believe any of that c**p. He just thought they put on a light show to distract everyone while they blew it up with something conventional, but no evidence of the type of the explosion existed. Ultimately, though, nobody knew anything.

Regardless of what WAS blowing up buildings, the prospect of having their livelyhood explode while they were inside it seemed to spur his parents into precautionary action. Rather than sit around and let the gangs get the better of them, or better yet, go out and thrash them (as his mother occasionally did), they packed their bags and set up shop in Northridge, LA, CA. Valerian wasn't far from the family gym, actually. They did it with a deliberate haste; this was a predetermined decision that they clearly thought through. But why? They didn't waver from their initial, obvious reasoning, but something felt a bit deeper than that.

Regardless of the past, he had a present: what he was intending to do at this moment was figure out the bus system so he wouldn't be hopelessly lost. If you knew how the local public transport systems worked, you could get anywhere. Valerian was still pretty new, though. It was his mission to get to every neighborhood in LA before two weeks were over-not at all hard. He was already a week into it and he had covered a good deal of the northern half of LA.

He found the nearest bus stop and just sat down, waiting to get to Brentwood...

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Senior Moderator

Bianca Stevens
    October 28, 12:45pm
    Los Angeles, Northridge Area

"This is the place, Vulna." Bianca said to her partner, who was currently Viximon. Vulna sat on her lap, pretending to be a stuffed toy, only talking and moving when nobody was looking.

"You never exactly told me what the deal is with this place." Vulna said, somewhat annoyed. Bianca wasn't used to having a partner in crime just yet, and sometimes forgot the important details.

"Some girl left her boyfriend, and forgot to take her jewellery box." Bianca replied, "According to her, when she returned to try and get it back, he claimed she already took it and refused to let her inside."

Bianca pulled out of her pocket a picture of the jewellery box she downloaded off an internet shop, and showed Vulna, who looked at it.

The duo sat on a park bench opposite the apartment. From what she had been told, her clients ex-boyfriend was heavily hormonal, and as dumb as a rock. The whole reason she left was because she found him and another girl in their bed. Bianca didn't see to much of a challenge in getting in to take a look around.

"Vulna, I need you to get in the bag, and not make a sound." Bianca said, opening the bag. Vulna sighed, but complied, jumping in, and taking a few seconds to squirm around and get comfortable.

Bianca got up, and walked to the entrance of the apartment building, making her way straight to the fourth floor. When she found the apartment she was after, she turned off her phone, and knocked on the door. A few seconds later, the door opened, and a big guy in his early twenties opened the door. He had blonde hair and a crew cut, and wore a white singlet and jeans cut into shorts.

"What the hell do you- hey there." His attitude changed as soon as he saw her, and the scowl on his face became a somewhat forced smile.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, but I am in a bit of a situation." Bianca said as charming as she could be. "My phone died, and I need to get in contact with my mom. Could I please make a call here?"

The young man nodded somewhat crazily. His ex girlfriend was right when she said he was hormonal. And stupid.

Bianca walked into the messy apartment, and barely was able to hide her disgust. No wonder his ex left.

The young man gave Bianca the cordless house phone, to which she smiled and thanked him, before typing in her own number. The call went straight to voicemail, since she had turned it off.

"Hey mom it's me. My phone died. Just letting you know that my bus was cancelled, and the next one doesn't come for an hour after that, so I will be home late."

Bianca looked over and saw her new admirer had heard what she said. She hung up the phone and looked around to see him walking over with a glass of water. She accepted it and took a few sips before he spoke up.

"If your bus doesn't come for another hour, you are free to hang out here until then."

Bianca smiled at him, when in reality, she really wouldn't want to spend another five minutes in this dump of empty beer cans, pizza boxes and dust.
    "You're sweet." She said, trying to hide her disgust, "I might just do that."

Bianca took another sip of her glass of water, before moving on to the next stage of her plan.

"Could you please point me towards the bathroom?" Bianca asked, to which the young man pointed down the hall. She put down the glass, and walked down the hall. It was a small apartment, with only one bedroom. Instead of going straight to the bathroom, she had a quick look through the bedroom, where she found nothing linked to the jewellery box. Next, she went to the bathroom, and searched it top to bottom. After a few minutes, she found it, buried behind some cleaning products, in the cupboard under the sink.

"I could take it now, but then it makes me a suspect." she thought to herself, as she had idea. She took the jewellery box and walked out to the mess that was the lounge room.

"There was no soap, so I looked in the cupboard and found this. Is it your girlfriends?" Bianca asked holding it out.

"No it is... It was my mothers." He said. Even if Bianca didn't know the truth, she would have been able to tell he was lying. "It was given to me after she passed away."

Bianca placed the jewellery box on the coffee table, and sat down, really wishing the next few minutes would go quickly.

After five minutes, she looked at her watch with fake shock.

"Crap, my bus leaves in ten minutes." She said, getting up. "Thanks for helping me out. I owe you one."

Before he could say anything, Bianca had gotten up and walked out the door, powerwalking to the lift once out of sight. She knew what she needed. Tonight she would make her move.

October 28th, 2014. Some time in the afternoon. (Does the exact time really matter?)
    Name: Tim Wolfe

It was a bright and sunny afternoon, just the way Tim liked it. The boy had gotten out of school early, which was something he wasn't expecting. He normally didn't get out of school until close to three, Now he suddenly had plenty of time to kill. Which was just fine with him, because he usually liked to spend time outside. As he was walking along, the boy started singing a song from a certain TV show he would never admit to anyone he watched. This wasn't something he normally did, but he figured since there weren't too many people around, and the mood was right, what's the harm in breaking out into song right there.

♪There's music in the treetops
    And there's music in the vale
    And all around the music fills the sky
    There's music by the river
    And there's music in the grass
    And the music makes your heart soar in reply!♪

His song was interupted by the sound of a dog barking. "Arf!"

Startled by the sudden noise, Tim jumped up and squealed. "GAH!" He looked around to see if there was anyone around who might have seen him make a fool of himself. There wasn't, but what he did say made him smile. "Hey girl! How've ya been since the last time I saw you?" Tim said to a familiar grey puppy he had sometimes seen near his house. This dog always seemed to hang around the house, and Tim started feeding her. She was probably a lonely stray that wanted a little attention, and she probably smelled other dogs coming from his house. "I got ya something!" He took out a plastic container from his blue backpack, opened the lid, and pulled out a piece of chicken that was leftover from last nights dinner, and offered it to the dog. He always carried a some food on him, for himself, and for any stray animals he might encounter, as well as so Alice had something to eat.

The puppy sniffed it first, then started eating up the meat as if she never had a decent meal in her life. Tim smiled and giggled to himself as he watched the dog eat, then she licked his hands when she was finished. "Aw, your very welcome." For a moment, Tim was happy. Animals were his life. They were the best friends he had ever had. Humans however, were an entirely different matter. While he knew there were good people in the world, a lot of the ones he knew were judgemental jerks. If any one of them had caught him singing period, let alone a song from a little girl's show, he'd never hear the end of it.

As Tim continued walking, his canine companion followed him, nuzzling at his ankles. Suddenly, a high pitched, feminine voice shouted from inside Tim's backpack. "ARE WE DONE YET?!" This startled both Tim, and the stray dog.

Tim took off his backpack, removed the source of the voice from inside. He pulled out a small orange and white creature with a long horn on top of it's head. A Tsunomon he named Alice that he received a few months ago. He couldn't leave her home alone, because one of his parents might find her, and he wasn't sure how he would explain this to them. He wasn't sure how she got here either. Somehow, she had come out of the Digimon Game, as if by magic. It was a miracle he managed to sneak her in and out of school without being noticed. "Shh!" Tim hushed to his Digimon. "Could you try not to yell, please? I don't want someone finding you, and the two of us getting into trouble."

"But, I've been waiting for you to finish school all day! I'm bored, and I wanna do something fun!" Alice protested. "Besides, what can possibly go wrong if someone does see me?! I'mma Digimon, I can handle anything!"

Tim narrowed his eyes. He wasn't so sure about Alice's claim. She was only an In-training level Digimon. "We'll do something once we get home, ok? Please, just... don't make too much noise, ok?" He said as he put her back in the bag.

"Alright, but you owe me big time for this!"

Tim breathed a sigh of relief, and continued walking. He had been lucky that he hadn't been busted with his Digimon so far, but he wasn't sure how long his luck would last. After a few minutes of walking, he soon found himself in front of a game shop marked with a red sign. Hm... well... I am out of school early... My parents aren't expecting me back for a while... Maybe I can get a new game that Alice and I will both like... He thought to himself. He was about to walk inside, but he soon a saw a notice on that said they didn't allow pets in the store. He looked to his side, and saw that the stray dog was still following him. Not to mention the other pet hidden inside his backpack. He knew they both wouldn't be able to fit in there along with all his school things... Why do so many stores not allow pets?! The boy pouted. They don't hurt anybody! He bent down, and patted the small dog on the head. "That mean place won't a let a cute puppy like you in there. Could you do me a favor, and wait for me? Please?"

The dog yipped happily, and licked Tim's face.

"Great! Thank you so much! I'll be right back." He nodded to the dog, walked inside the store, and went to look at the shelf that held the used games for the Wii U to see if there was anything worth buying.

Alice peeked out from the top of Tim's bag. "Used?! Really?! Get something new! Who wants to play some crap game someone else didn't want?!" The boy was surprised at how much she had learned in the short amount of time she had been here. Though, she may know so much about Video Games, as she came from one herself.

"Ssh! Keep your voice down, please..." Tim whispered to his bag. "There are people in here... Besides, I can't afford anything new..."
    Last edited by Wizardmon; 09-27-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Breaker of the Fourth Wall Tyler Phoenix's Avatar
    Name: Tyler Phoenix
    October 28th, 2014. 11:50 am

The mobile phone on the battered wooden beside table started vibrating, blasting out the theme tune to The Dark Knight. With a lazy grunt and a tremendous amount of effort, the inhabitant of the bed grabbed the phone, clicked 'Dismiss' on the alarm, put it back in its place, and rolled back over. He lay there for ten minutes. At exactly 12pm, the alarm blared from the desk again. Disgruntled and shocked, the inhabitant sat up, muttering about alarms and 'how stupid the damn things were.' With a large yawn and a stretch, he opened his eyes. Staring at the mirror on the wall opposite him, he stared at the crimson eyes in the reflection and ruffled his hair. He grunted again, still grumpily muttering in a half-awake haze. With another stretch and yawn, he kicked off the covers and pulled himself off his bed, his pyjamas hanging loosely off of him.

See, to Tyler Phoenix, it wasn't so much that it was 12pm and he was rudely awakened. It was more that he was awake. He dreamed vividly, often awoken by the alarm at the climax of his adventures, as he was fighting a villain (or in some cases, a hero) and about to gain some kind of unworldy victory. He glared at the mirror again, before kicking open his bathroom door and clambering into his shower. Moments later, he emerged again, dried off and back in his pyjamas. He looked around his room. A Digimon poster on the wall, surrounded by many other various references, from Adventure Time and Batman through to Doctor Who and Star Wars, an assortment of bands and movies, and random things, such as police tape and a roadworks sign. His unmade bed, with its black and grey sheets. The battered furniture from previous dorm holders, his desk in particular with various messages and images, not all being wholly appropriate for others to see, he figured. He then observed his wardrobe, and smirked. He was an Art student, so he thought he would be able to get away with what had happened to it, if he was lucky. One of the doors of the wardrobe had an almighty claw mark down it, much like that of a tiger's. The reason for this, Tyler knew, was his Digimon. He smirked once more, before crouching and looking under his bed.

"Alive under there?" he said, laughing a little. The response was more than satisfactory. A pair of deep red eyes open and looked back at him, before a swift motion had him being toppled over by a rather large, black lizard. His partner, BlackGuilmon, was hugging him rather tightly, being careful not to cut him open with his razor-sharp claws. Tyler laughed again, pushing the Digimon off. He smiled, getting a smile back from his partner, before he turned back to the wardrobe. He opened it, staring at his clothes. From behind him, BlackGuilmon hummed a little.

"Let me guess. Today is going to be some kind of band tee, your three-quarter length cargos, the converses, your gloves... The scarf, of course, thinking you look like some kind of warrior hero-"

"Shut up!" Tyler said, laughing at BlackGuilmon's rather accurate guessing. Tyler pulled out the various items, choosing his Bio-Hazard tee over a band tee. He paused before grabbing one of his bandanas from the top shelf. Quickly dressing, he paused to look in the mirror, adjusted his hair, and grinned. "I need food... My stomach is roaring like a really p***ed-off Balrog." He turned to BlackGuilmon. "You know the routine. Cleaner comes in, drop whatever it is you're doing, stand where you usually do, look like you're some kind of model or sculpture, or whatever it is you do... I'm still not too sure."

BlackGuilmon nodded, grinning, scratching behind one of his jagged, black ears with a long claw. "I know the drill." Tyler nodded, picked up his Digivice, clipped it so it hung underneath his tee, and grabbed his rucksack, slipping out of his dorm room and locking it behind him.

The time was about 12.30pm and Tyler was sitting on a small park bench, enchilada in hand. He was rather fond of Mexican foods, and he was sprawled across the bench, mobile phone in one hand, messaging a friend. In the other, the enchilada sat, half-eaten, dripping grease onto the floor. Somehow, Tyler was stick-thin still. High metabolism, his doctor said. His parents just thought he knew how to burn off the excess calories. The answer was somewhere between the two, he thought personally. He paused and his pale face went even paler when the mother of the young boy he had pushed off the bench to sit on it appeared. He smiled sheepishly as she approached him.

"So, you think you can just go around and push young children off benches?" What kind of...." Tyler had heard it all before. Sure, it wasn't the right thing to do, but the lad wouldn't share the bench, and Tyler needed somewhere to sit, and he didn't fancy the grass of the park field, so...

"Now, ma'am, I'm sure it isn't quite what it looks like...." he began, before the woman started raising her voice again. Before she could approach any further, Tyler leapt to his feet, darting away. In the panicked rush, the enchilada went flying to the floor. He could still hear the woman following him and screaming at him as he ran away, the young boy running by her side, red-faced and tearful from the fact he had been forcibly removed from the bench he had been relaxing on. As Tyler managed to duck out of sight down a little side-street, he sighed. Post-panic, he realised that somewhere along the way he'd taken a turn down a road he had never really seen before. He was, essentially, lost. He then swore to himself. The enchilada was gone, lost and alone on the cold concrete pathway back at the park, dribbling grease and fat onto the pavement it sat on. In truth, he knew, it would end up being eaten, but he was annoyed it had been a waste of money. Maybe he had acted too rashly... He frowned, took out his Digivice, and checked for BlackGuilmon's location. Not caring for a specific way there, he walked in the general direction back towards university, hoping he'd either bump into someone he knew somewhere along the way, or see a road he recognized. He wasn't hopeful of this, as he'd ran the entirely wrong way to head back to uni, but he shrugged to himself.

"Afternoon stroll.... and I've only been up around 30 minutes.... Brilliant." Scowling, he started to walk, muttering to himself about his alarm again, and that if it hadn't woken him up he wouldn't be in the mess he was in.

October 28th, 2014. Afternoon
    Name: Robyn Caron

The store’s door opened with the light sound of a bell ringing, and quickly closed behind her. It was a fairly clean and spacious place, with the games and various merchandises laid out in an organised way. Robyn noticed it was fairly empty today, but then again, most people were probably either in class or at work.

It didn’t take long for the young woman to make her way towards the 3DS section, which was nearest the counter. Robyn had become fonder of handheld consoles lately; it was convenient being able to play on the bus and in between courses. Plus, the games tended to be priced a bit more reasonably.

After a few moments of glancing, a title managed to catch her eye. Rune Factory 4, she’d heard many good things about the game, but never did buy it. Being a fan of Harvest Moon, it was rather tempting…

Before committing, the brunette decided to see if she could find any titles on the “previously enjoyed” shelves. Though some weren’t too fond of getting their games used, Robyn didn’t mind so much. Once in a while, one could find a neat title at a fair discount.

Walking toward the back of the store, where the second-hand games were kept, Robyn noticed two girls in the PC section. They appeared to be around her age, and trying to strike a conversation was tempting, but in the end, Robyn chose to keep her mouth shut. She didn't want to bother them and/or interrupt their searching.

Moving closer to used games, the brunette heard a strange voice, quickly followed by that of a teenage male. Odd, there didn’t seem to be anyone around him…

“Is everything alright?” she found herself posing the dark-haired boy. Everything seemed okay, but then again, voices didn’t just pop out of nowhere and she had heard him reply. The thought of a Digimon did quickly cross Robyn’s mind, although she did find it unlikely…

Senior Moderator

October 28th, 2014. Afternoon
    Name: Colin Rohan
    "Why are we here?" Keramon asked when Colin parked his car out the front of the game store. "Well while you're here, can you get me some food? I'm starving!"
    "I need to pick something up. And you ate at the cafe." Colin said with a smirk. "You can wait until we get home."
    Keramon looked appalled at the idea of waiting that long.
    "Ate at the cafe?" Keramon said, "You gave me one mouthful you stingy pr*ck!"
    Colin looked at Keramon, then burst into laughter. Keramon's attitude always amused him, even when it was out of line and unprofessional.

"Look, I have a backpack that you could probably fit in. I will have my back towards the snack shelf, so take a peek and pick something, got it?" Colin said.

Keramon nodded and climbed into the backpack that was on the car floor, as Colin got out of the car, and grabbed it, throwing it on his back and locking the car.

"Are we there yet?" came Keramon's muffled voice from the bag.
    "No."
    "What about now?"
    "No."
    "What about now?"
    Colin was looking at the PS3 games, and picked up the Elder Scrolls Anthalogy. $99 for all five games, and their expansions. He was definitely tempted.
    "No. I will let you know when you can see the snacks. Stop talking. It looks like I'm talking to myself."
    Colin was tempted beyond belief. It was the last copy left, and the back said it was out of production. In the end he put it down. His car payment was due at the end of the week, and he wouldn't be able to afford both. Instead he made his way to the counter, back facing the shelf with chocolate bars. He jabbed his bag, and heard Keramon whisper a word that earned him another jab. The zip slowly opened, and Keramon peeked out.
    "Could I get a Digimon card Booster pack?" Colin said to the person behind the counter, and pointed at the one he wanted through the glass. The clerk unlocked the case and pulled out the packet, taking the $5 note off Colin.
    "Turkish Delight." Keramon whispered as zipped up the bag again.

Colin grabbed a turkish delight from the shelf, and put that on the counter with a few coins.

"Sir, can I please check your bag before you leave?" the clerk said. Colin froze.
    "Do you have to? It is full of my sweaty gym clothes. I am trying to contain the stink." Colin lied, hoping to get away from it.
    "Sorry sir. Store policy." the clerk replied, somewhat annoyed.

Colin sighed, and put his backpack on the counter. The clerk opened it, and Keramon looked up.
    "Who's this jack*ss?" Keramon said. The clerk screamed.
    "You really couldn't have pretended to be a stuffed toy, could you?" Colin hissed.
    "Hey, thats a good idea!" Keramon said, freezing with a smile.
    "I'm a stuffed toy," Keramon said out of the corner of his mouth, still attempting to look like a toy, "If you hug me, I will make you regret it."