Thread: Board Games?

Senior Administrator

Administrator

Board Games?

Sooo... In addition to my pokemon fandom, I'm a big board game nut. I blame Harry and my roommate for this madness.. but hey, what board games do you guys like?

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    Monopoly.

Though I rarely play it. It's still pretty awesome when I do. n_n;

Senior Administrator

Administrator

Settlers of Catan!

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Monopoly is probably my favorite. Haven't played it in a while, though.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I liked playing Sorry with my brother.. that's about it. More of a card game person~

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Eh, not crazy about Monopoly. Just get the orange properties and the game is your oyster.

We play Clue every now and then, which has had some... interesting outcomes. There are so many times when I have a 50/50 chance of getting the accusation right and if I don't take it, one of the next people to go is bound to get it. And on a few occasions, we've had someone make a mistake when shuffling the cards and picking the end result cards face-down, so we ended up with something like two suspects, a room, but no weapons, or something weird along those lines. Sure, it messes up the game but does create comedy.

If you want really decent games that are outside of the traditional board game circle, check out Last Night On Earth, which is a pretty good zombie apocalypse game. Another good one is Descent: Journeys in the Dark, which is more like the lines of Dungeons and Dragons, but isn't complicated at all to learn. And if you want a good card game, there's Dominion and it's plethora of expansions.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Pandemic is a pretty amazing players vs board game game. It's one of the few games where it's decently balanced for more players AND less players. It's hard either way. lol
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Senior Moderator

Even though I inevitably lose, I've always had a soft spot for Monopoly and Clue. Chess and Mah Jong solitaire is nice, too

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I like monopoly, and clue, though I can rarely play them. Talisman, I love massively and will play whenever I get the chance. I was recently forced into playing this. It was scaryhttps://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...47534661,d.aGc

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    I've come to like playing Mahjong when playing it at the library. I'm still trying to get a grasp on it since I don't play very often except maybe once a month or something when the library has the programs, but it's still pretty fun. And it's actually the legitimate way to play Mahjong, not the Solitaire version, which is cool.

I've also played Monopoly, which takes forever, Sorry (which took me a minute to understand), and a variety of other board games with some of my friends and/or family. The one I've come to hate the most is probably Risk. Lost that game the first time I played, & I haven't liked it since. xD Plus we'd be playing for hours, even after I'd lost.