Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Winter 2014 Contest Discussion and Q&A

This thread is purely for discussing the contest, talking about how awesome the entries are (and offering constructive criticism for those who want it), and asking any questions relating to the contest so that we don't clutter the main thread with non-entry posts. It'll make it easier for me to sort through the posts later.

I have a first question! Well before I ask that, let me just say YAY CONTEST! I'll certainly be submitting something. c: I'd love to do a little story! But I also want to write something. Maybe I can do an illustration of the story. c: I'll see. xD Anyways.

Question: In the rules of the info thread, it says that the entry must be winter themed... But what about those of us (like me) who live in the Southern Hemisphere? =/ I've never had a wintery Christmas because Christmas is in summer over here. OOORRRRRR do you say it has to be winter themed because where your comic is set, Christmas would be during the winter? That would be more justified. xD

@Suicune's Fire

YAY FOR CONTEST. It took longer than I expected to set up, but I'm glad it's up!

As for your question, Christmas would be during winter in the comic- so that's why! That said, you don't need snow and whatnot! I say winter theme mostly since it covers Christmas, New Years, and other holidays. I was originally going to make it Christmas themed, but I wanted to broaden the theme a bit so people can do whatever. As long as it's clear that there is some sort of holiday/winter theme going on, anything goes!

Okay, that makes sense! :D Woohoo! I'm excited to do this! ^v^ But who to choose. o-o WHY U MAKE ME PICK, NEKO?! ...Maybe I should just include everyone. xD

@Suicune's Fire

I make you pick because I can! OPTIONS.

Using everyone would make... for a very interesting holiday. I can imagine the chaos. Things would be exploding, objects would be flying and breaking, and everyone would probably lose their minds. xD

OPTIONS! OOOPPPTTIIOONNNSSSSSS

It would... xD Oh my gosh I can picture it now. It would have to be a very long image. XD Or have Occulus Rift support. xD Ahahhaa they would. Dear me.

@Suicune's Fire

Sorry for the really really really late responses. NaNo and school began to eat my soul. The latter is still trying- but at least my novel for the year is done!

Anyway, I might end up canceling the contest since it seems there isn't much interest going for it. I'll give it another week or so, then decide.

No worries, Neko! YAY NOVEL! Is it awesome?! Did you have fun? :D

Aw okay. :c Fair enough. I haven't started on my entry yet. xc

@Suicune's Fire

I don't think it's awesome- but I did have a lot of fun!

ALSO WE GOT OUR FIRST CONTEST ENTRY WHEN I WASN'T LOOKING. 8D

Well that's what counts, doesn't it? XD

OH MY GOSH THAT'S GREAT AND NOW I HAVE TO DO IT.