Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    SO PEOPLE ARE USING PSYCHICS TO DETERMINE WHEN KH3 IS COMING OUT.

I know it's not Wednesday but seriously. Seriously.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

2. This post has been liked by:

Lol, meanwhile a Google search says Square says it's not happening this year.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

... *snort*

IT"S GONNA HAPPEN GUYS. JUST YOU WATCH 8D

I'll just stick to khinsider or kh13
    Last edited by FedoraChar; 03-10-2015 at 03:52 AM. Reason: I found a gif

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

5. This post has been liked by:

Finally updated the third post of this club to include KHIII news... of which we're lacking at present, so it has nothing more than an exasperating summary of what's happened so far, which I imagine most in this club are already familiar with.

Now I have that behind me and I can move on to other writings.

As someone who doesn't actually seek out game info much (which is something I need to correct, I'm going to college for game design), that was an interesting read, particularly the fact that they're using Unreal 4 (UE4) as their engine. I'm currently using it for a class, and want to rip my hair out. I'm almost curious as to what engine they've used for past games, now... Oh well, at least Using UE4 means they're capable of making KHIII fairly pretty.

Sweet! That's exactly why I wrote it. Glad it was helpful. :)

They previously used an in-house engine called Luminous. This is a solid debriefing of what we actually know concerning that shift, and it talks about the Kingdom Shader which I neglected. I personally believe Yasue when he says there were no problems with the previous multi-million dollar engine. Unless there's been a change I'm unfamiliar with Luminous is being used for FFXV and it looks great.

I've seen people dis KHIII's graphics as though it still looks like a ps2 game. To quote one of our favorite Organization XIII members, as if. It looks far more smooth, vibrant, and richly textured. It still looks like a Disney cartoon because this isn't Call of Duty. It's for a completely different audience and we love how our game looks.

9. This post has been liked by:

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post

I've seen people dis KHIII's graphics as though it still looks like a ps2 game. To quote one of our favorite Organization XIII members, as if. It looks far more smooth, vibrant, and richly textured. It still looks like a Disney cartoon because this isn't Call of Duty. It's for a completely different audience and we love how our game looks.
    I'm gonna punch the scrubs and anyone else who says it looks bad. It's called being stylized. KH has its own style that, even if you take away the Disney, all the original KH characters have their own style. I would absolutely hate it if they changed it. The KH style fits with everything else and all the other varying styles of all the animated 2D/Stop motion Disney movies used thus far. PotC was a bit weird but they made it work to some degree. The way the game looks is great. The 3D models for all the different Disney worlds didn't look the same like the sole 3D Disney movies do now, and I like it that way.

They have something good, and they don't need to change it. The formula works, nothing needs to be botched. I don't want my Kingdom Hearts looking like real life, I want my Kingdom Hearts games to look like Kingdom Hearts games.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

11. This post has been liked by:

Sieses 

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    It looks like a PS2 game? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Are these people morons? It kinda looks like a step down from the really nice rendered animations from the PS2 games, but ah, we're talking the really nice rendered animation, not the actual game models, which means they've seriously improved, though there is something funny going on with the graphics. I'm not sure if maybe it's because they were using stuff from production that hasn't totally been finished up or what, but looking over that E3 trailer, I kept going "...The lighting is off. There's got to be something up with the lighting. Or maybe it's the rendering?" I even showed my boyfriend (same major, same school), and he can't seem to pin it down, but he agrees with me--something is off, and I'm praying it gets tweaked or added in or fixed, because I like everything else, but that is going to drive me insane.

And for those who may think I'm crazy, lighting makes all the difference, I was amazed at results when we started playing with lighting in class, and here's a side by side comparison: Left side is totally lit (and rendered), right side is totally unlit (default window for working stuff in Autodesk Maya):

See what I mean?

IMO, the E3 trailer and the gameplay trailer I've seen suggest that maybe they're currently only partway lit, or not totally rendered, or the shader or whatever, but something is not right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    I'm gonna punch the scrubs and anyone else who says it looks bad. It's called being stylized. KH has its own style that, even if you take away the Disney, all the original KH characters have their own style. I would absolutely hate it if they changed it. The KH style fits with everything else and all the other varying styles of all the animated 2D/Stop motion Disney movies used thus far. PotC was a bit weird but they made it work to some degree. The way the game looks is great. The 3D models for all the different Disney worlds didn't look the same like the sole 3D Disney movies do now, and I like it that way.

They have something good, and they don't need to change it. The formula works, nothing needs to be botched. I don't want my Kingdom Hearts looking like real life, I want my Kingdom Hearts games to look like Kingdom Hearts games.
    ^ well said

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    It looks like a PS2 game? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Are these people morons? It kinda looks like a step down from the really nice rendered animations from the PS2 games, but ah, we're talking the really nice rendered animation, not the actual game models, which means they've seriously improved, though there is something funny going on with the graphics. I'm not sure if maybe it's because they were using stuff from production that hasn't totally been finished up or what, but looking over that E3 trailer, I kept going "...The lighting is off. There's got to be something up with the lighting. Or maybe it's the rendering?" I even showed my boyfriend (same major, same school), and he can't seem to pin it down, but he agrees with me--something is off, and I'm praying it gets tweaked or added in or fixed, because I like everything else, but that is going to drive me insane.

And for those who may think I'm crazy, lighting makes all the difference, I was amazed at results when we started playing with lighting in class, and here's a side by side comparison: Left side is totally lit (and rendered), right side is totally unlit (default window for working stuff in Autodesk Maya):

See what I mean?

IMO, the E3 trailer and the gameplay trailer I've seen suggest that maybe they're currently only partway lit, or not totally rendered, or the shader or whatever, but something is not right here.
    You would definitely be the expert here, and I'll defer to your judgment. I definitely see the difference in the pic you've posted. To me, the trailer had a matured, more acutely pastel look than any of the other games. Maybe you'd agree and add there's still something awry with the lighting. The KHI staff remarked on the yet-to-be released trailer (still raw and unfinished) that the lighting was gorgeous. I suppose those of us who lack your training don't have the perception to notice it and are just glad to see it with main console graphics again. It's definitely possible the rendering is unfinished though, especially in that first trailer. The D23 trailer is probably a closer example of what they want it to look like, but I think even then when you consider that it was being developed on the Luminous engine, they only had Luminous 1.5 and to my knowledge they were going to switch it over to 2.0 eventually (same with FFXV).

Well, today is Theory Thursday, so I figure we may as well do something about that. Do any of you have any theories you wish to share?

I know it's more of a headcanon than a theory, since it hardly effects the future of the series, but I like to think that the World of Chaos is a Heartless that Xehanort cobbled together with the Hearts of the other five apprentices. I doubt a single Heart is dark enough to create that abomination, and it would do a bit more to tie KHI in with the rest of the series. KHI always just felt more like a standalone game than the others to me, even when replaying it after BBS.

15. This post has been liked by: