Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Alpha

I've been meaning to say how much I absolutely love how you draw water effects. <3

2. This post has been liked by:

@Suicune's Fire : It's more an pokémon adventure comic than a real nuzlocke ._. Even if major events like Myrtille death by poison or shiny charamander really happened in my games, there is some things that I couldn't get with a nuzlocke (for example that eevee I got by trade xD I don't think it's on nuzlocke rules @_@ ) So I consider this comic as an adventure comic inspired by some of games I've played :D

@Nekomata : Thank you !!!! *^* I never know how to do elements (earth, fire, dust....) but I'm trying to look a multiple references and make it as good as I can ^-^

@Liokora

Reference images are an artist's best friend. =D You've been doing a lovely job with such effects! You obviously put a lot of effort into them!

Quote Originally Posted by Liokora View Post
    Indeed, I wouldn't want to take an Hydro Pump ahah xD

Page 20

//late by 19 pages

I love the bite effect (of maka) it just looks so damn adorable x3 Eevees are cute x3 I'm going to start reading from the cover page now. <3

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Quote Originally Posted by Liokora View Post
    @Suicune's Fire : It's more an pokémon adventure comic than a real nuzlocke ._. Even if major events like Myrtille death by poison or shiny charamander really happened in my games, there is some things that I couldn't get with a nuzlocke (for example that eevee I got by trade xD I don't think it's on nuzlocke rules @_@ ) So I consider this comic as an adventure comic inspired by some of games I've played :D
    /so late

Ohh I see! I wasn't too sure. That makes sense. :) I certainly agree that there has to be things added into it that are impossible in-game. But wow, Grimm really was shiny?! O: That's so cool. xD

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

H-HOLY SMOKES!

This series is incredible, especially with the artwork! I also really like the way it paints Pokémon in a more mature mindset by using blood, swearing, emotions, and even having death involved. If there's solid proof it could work well for Pokémon, this comic series definitely does that. Meanwhile, the ongoing storyline is definitely very intriguing.

Beyond that, this is definitely one of the most professionally-made comic series I've ever seen. Even Brock and Misty look like true, hardcore badasses now! Again, the art, holy crap, this artwork is gorgeous and every panel is so well done. And those full-page pictures are epic masterpieces without a doubt!

Pasku is awesome. I never really thought much of Nidoran/Nidorino before, but this comic has definitely instilled a heck of a lot more appreciation for this guy. He's probably my favorite out of the bunch and I love seeing his determination and will to take on anything.

Absolutely amazing work on this whole series. I can definitely tell a LOT of love, time, care, and effort went into them and the incredible outcome of it all is definitely reflected in these comic strips.

Mind = blown.

Senior Moderator

Oh, that Caterpie is hilarious! What made you decide to make him the comic relief (no pun intended?)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Wow, I've read all of these today and I've really quite enjoyed them! One thing I like in particular is the art; whilst I don't know exactly what it is, something just makes it all come together so perfectly and it's a really nice style. The story's full of mysteries as well, which is certainly a hook that'll keep me interested, considering I love the sense of tense suspense that's been created, and it's led to a very enjoyable read. :D

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Having read all of the other entries today, reading the prologue adds another sense of intrigue, because it allows you to experience the characters' 'backstory' in a more detailed fashion. I also really liked the art that you used here as well, because although different I still think that it looks great. :)

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    ASFGHDAH WHY DID I NOT READ THIS SOONER? *O* LIOKORA, YOUR ART IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! And I really love the story so far, even if I've only read the prologue! I love prologues, since they create a lot of foreshadowing, so I can't wait to see how this turns out. Congrats, you earned yourself a new reader! :D