Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar

The PXR Mafia: Rules and Sign ups

This game is officially sponsored by PXR! Yay!

NOTE: YOUR SIGS CAN BE MODIFIED DURING THIS GAME! IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR SIG TO BE CHANGED, DO NOT JOIN. DURING THE GAME, IF YOU TAKE OFF THE SIG BEFORE YOUR 2 WEEKS ARE UP, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE OUT OF THE GAME.

Welcome to the PXR Mafia, hosted by Homura!

Welcome to the nethertown of PXR. It seems that there is a dark evil organization that has befallen this normally peaceful (not really) town. This organization, known simply to us as "the mafia", is led by the tyrant known as Laharl, an evil kid who is bent on devouring all life *note: descriptions may vary*. Oh no! Luckily, citizens have arisen to the challenge to try to defeat their enemy by hanging their own population, as suggested by this girl named Etna. Oh well! Here goes nothing!

Gameplay

In the beginning of day 1, everyone will be assigned a role for this town.

The game is divided into two parts: the day and night.

During the day round, everybody can discuss what had happened, and decide to hang one person. This person's hanging will happen strictly by votes. If there is a tie, one will be chosen randomly. These votes are posted on the thread. Do not PM me your votes.

During the night round, those with special roles will pm me their votes for their respective roles, such as underlings voting for whom they wish to kill, or knights for whom they wish to investigate. I will then take all of those votes and act upon those special roles, such as investigate the player chosen for the knights and relay the information back, etc. Those with the most votes will always win out, but if there is a discrepancy, it is settled by random choice.

The game ends when either all of the mafia are killed, or when there is not enough innocent lives, allowing the mafia to run free.

Timing in the game
    Each day round and each night round will be 1 week long. That means at least 1 death a week! Yay~

Roles

Role: Citizen
    These are the basic citizens of the town. Of course, this means that they do NOT have special functions during night time. They make up the bulk of the town. However, remember that even citizens might have something up their sleeves, as well.

Role: Knight
    The knights are the policing bodies of the town, and vary in number. All knights would know who all of the other knights are during the first night, in which during this time they are allowed to exchange information with each other through their own forum!

During the night round, the knights would have the opportunity to investigate a person in town. This is done by two steps: the first is that each knight would post who he or she wants to investigate on the private forum. After the votes are in (And I will reveal the one with the most votes), I will post in the private forum whether the investigated person is innocent or not.

They have no other abilities outside of that.

Role: Cleric
    The cleric are simply that. They heal people. They side with the innocents, simply because you'd think holy beings would be as such.

During the night round, the cleric will pm me about who they want to save for the night. If the mafia's target and the cleric's target are the same, then the person is saved and is therefore not killed off. They cannot communicate with knights, unfortunately.

Role: Prinny
    The prinnies have had it with the mafia! They're rebelling against the mafia! Too bad they don't know who their masters are, though.

A Prinny can sacrifice himself at any time. During the day round, if your are feeling like you're gonna be lynched to death, you can sacrifice yourself to kill any other person! Well, ok, you can do it even if you aren't being lynched, but why would you do that, right? During the night, you can also blow up. Why do that? well if someone is there with you when you blow up, they die too!

If you are lynched and you decide to blow up, you are still counted as the person being lynched during the day.

If at night, the mafia decides to off you and you predict as such, you can choose to blow up and kill exactly 1 underling (or overlord if he/she is alone). If you blow up and the knights investigate you, you will kill exactly 1 knight. If the cleric is with you, you got lucky and you didn't blow up.

Role: Underling
    The mafia are basically the meat and potatoes of the other side. Once all of these guys are killed, the game ends in the innocent's favour!

The underlings will know exactly who is on their side during the first night, similar to that of the knights. They can communicate with each other freely through their own forum! Wow!

During the night, the underlings will decide on who to kill off during the night using their private forum. I will be using the voting system similar to that of the knights. This happens during the night round as well.

Role: Overlord
    The Overlord is a sneaky one. He or she will be a super mafia member, able to do everything his or her underlings do. However, if the knights want to investigate the Overlord, he or she will show up as a normal law abiding citizen! Clean as a whistle! Wow, how devious to make your underlings do all your devious work!

Statistics of this town:
    Total players: 12
    Mafia: 3
    Knights: 1
    Prinny: 1
    Cleric: 1
    Villagers: 6

Muddymudkip - Villager
    DesperadoBRT - Mafia
    Bulbasaur - Villager
    Arch Enemy - Villager
    Smiles - Knight
    Casadriel - Villager
    Charmander009 - Cleric
    Apollo - Villager
    The Nonexistent Tazz - Villager
    Death's Spook - Overlord
    Professor Cosmos - Mafia
    Felly - Prinny
    Last edited by Homura; 09-19-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Count me in. ^_^
    URPG Stats|Author Profile|URPG Ranger|Shalour Gym Leader

..::learning through the downs; living for the ups::..

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    So *THIS* was what you were talking about on Skype last night...I thought--Nevermind. I'll join.

Also, the banners look familiar...Were they the ones you made for Neo in his games of mafia?

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Can I keep my VPP in my sig? Or at least my VPP stats?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I'll just add the banner to your sig if possible. If it isn't, I'll still leave the stats for your VVP. Save your gif just in case. Your text will likely have to be crunched
    What is happiness?

I've played this game a few times before. It's very fun. :3 Sign me up!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Maynot View Post
    So *THIS* was what you were talking about on Skype last night...I thought--Nevermind. I'll join.

Also, the banners look familiar...Were they the ones you made for Neo in his games of mafia?
    I never actually ran any mafia games. But yeah, when someone got axed in Kenny's Mafia games, he'd replace the banner and avatar with "Innocent" or "Guilty" respectively, and yeah, he did use those same banners as last time.

The only real parallel between Kenny's Mafia games and my Pikachu Survivor Games was the avatar/banner replacement. Other than that, they're pretty different.

^ man to be axed 1st day TWICE (like a boss). I still have no idea how they figured you were mafia though.
    What is happiness?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    ^ man to be axed 1st day TWICE (like a boss). I still have no idea how they figured you were mafia though.
    Yeah, but I don't think that's coincidental. Possessing any center of influence makes you a primary target in these games out of people's sheer paranoia or just to axe off the popular guys. It's usually the newbs and the nondescript peeps that usually survive well throughout the game.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    I'll just add the banner to your sig if possible. If it isn't, I'll still leave the stats for your VVP. Save your gif just in case. Your text will likely have to be crunched
    Okay. Well, I haven't really done a mafia, but I'll give it a try. =]

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links