This War of Ours [Interest Check, Sign-Ups and OOC]

Eh, I'll give this a shot here. One of two ideas with two formats each. If this one doesn't gain interest I'll simply post the other one and see if that will go anywhere.

THIS WAR OF OURS

On opposite sides of the world, two philosophies began to rise up above all others. In the East, pagan religions like Shinto became immensely popular, and all kinds of mysticism established themselves as the norm. In the West however, atheism ousted traditional religion, and science became the accepted ideology. Japan, China, Southeast Asia and most of Russia on the eastern side of the Ural Mountains formed into the Eastern Alliance, a theocracy built around various beliefs and religions but all united behind the common belief that harmony with nature is what all humans should strive toward. The Americas, Western Europe, and Western Russia (west of the Urals) coalesced into the Western Federation, a republic well-known for its futuristic cities and advanced weapons.

Rules and information here.
    Spoiler:
    1) This is an alternate Earth, so you get to fight alongside aliens! Your character may be human or whatever else you wish.

2) Players will be generals in command of armies, giving orders to units in the field. Each player is given one specific Area Of Operations, or AO, that they share with an opposite number on the other side of the battle. The challenge here is to out-think the other player: You must know what your side is capable of, what the other side is capable of, and then determine a battleplan intended to exploit their weaknesses while emphasizing your own strengths. All kinds of tactics, including flanking, surrounding and the good old-fashioned Zerg Rush are all potentially viable, some more than others in certain situations.

3) This is a prototype RP. One of four. If I mess up, don't be an *** about it. Just tell your boy!

4) I'm too laid-back. I need to come up with more rules. I'll add more as I think of more rules that make sense.

5) Events. They will happen in the RP.

6) Changes will occur, as I want to see how I can spice this RP up and make it fun(er?). Anything that doesn't work will be scrapped, of course.

7) Africa is "no man's land". I have plans for it that will be revealed IC.

8) Only join if you plan on being active. Not looking to have this die in an hour.

Players will be generals in command of armies, giving orders to units in the field. Each player is given one specific Area Of Operations, or AO, that they share with an opposite number on the other side of the battle. The challenge here is to out-think the other player: You must know what your side is capable of, what the other side is capable of, and then determine a battleplan intended to exploit their weaknesses while emphasizing your own strengths. All kinds of tactics, including flanking, surrounding and the good old-fashioned Zerg Rush are all potentially viable, some more than others in certain situations.

This is the template for your generals.
    Code:
    Name:
    Species:
    Appearance:
    Faction:
    (feel free to add extra crap)

Reserved for stuff.