Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I don't know what the term major is specifically, but based off other responses, I am assuming it means fields that you enjoy/excel in.

I have always enjoyed music. I can play guitar, bass and piano, and enjoy songwriting. I plan to start a band next year, but currently play in my church band.

Recently I have enjoyed Biology, however I doubt I will take it further in high school. I lack the motivation/maturity to handle a Uni course in that field. I would struggle to take it seriously. Hence why I am doing a TAFE course in sound production.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    Meterology sounds fantastic, though! And you may possibly be able to teach some classes in math at a college on the side, as long as you don't take on too much. If nothing else you can do online classes or soemthing to rake in a little extra.
    Aye. I didn't want to become a math teacher, but then I started tutoring and I realized...Not only am I good at it, but I'm a hit with those I tutor and they find math more entertaining with me explaining it.

As for dead fields, sadly, that's what happened to Astronomy (which is about 2,000 jobs). Meteorology stagnated at about 10,000 jobs, with the nation no longer hiring aside from fired/retiring employees. Private industries? "Oh ya gotta know like, 2 other languages". I STRUGGLED WITH ELEMENTARY SPANISH. So yeah :/ Math first, then Meteorology.

Because, Meteorology already requires Calculus 3 and such. Which I'm going into next semester, fu fu fu fu.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I don't know what the term major is specifically, but based off other responses, I am assuming it means fields that you enjoy/excel in.

I have always enjoyed music. I can play guitar, bass and piano, and enjoy songwriting. I plan to start a band next year, but currently play in my church band.

Recently I have enjoyed Biology, however I doubt I will take it further in high school. I lack the motivation/maturity to handle a Uni course in that field. I would struggle to take it seriously. Hence why I am doing a TAFE course in sound production.
    A major is the field in which you take your undergraduate degree in.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
    Aye. I didn't want to become a math teacher, but then I started tutoring and I realized...Not only am I good at it, but I'm a hit with those I tutor and they find math more entertaining with me explaining it.
    Teaching is fun! An excuse to talk about something you love for 30-90 minutes? Sure!

As for dead fields, sadly, that's what happened to Astronomy (which is about 2,000 jobs). Meteorology stagnated at about 10,000 jobs, with the nation no longer hiring aside from fired/retiring employees. Private industries? "Oh ya gotta know like, 2 other languages". I STRUGGLED WITH ELEMENTARY SPANISH. So yeah :/ Math first, then Meteorology.

Because, Meteorology already requires Calculus 3 and such. Which I'm going into next semester, fu fu fu fu.
    :[ Well still. Having a degree like that can really help in other jobs where you'll need the mathz. Lots of companies need managers for instance who can wake up in the morning and do inventory without acting like a sasquatch.

Experienced Trainer Zenith Avalon's Avatar
    I'm majoring in a degree for Baking and Pastry to become a Pastry Chef. I hope to someday work in a bakery making cakes.
    ~ Zenith's GCEA Stats ~ | ~ Zenith's URPG Stats ~
    *Sig and avi art made by Sou Cleife!*

6. This post has been liked by:

I'm currently studying a Bsc in Zoo Management

I just major in astronomy. I was using that subject to build an accurate calendar and come up with a calendar that was way on track instead of this one that will become off track. The only other thing left is what happens to the clock in the far future and how is the sun up late at 9 PM? Well, it shouldn't be.

I've also done acting. I'm starting to want to play music too. I have many goals to accomplish.

Ah, majors. The first major I ever had was in animation, which I took classes in as early as high school. I was really into drawwing and character creation at the time (I still am), but eventually I realised that it would be really hard for me to get a good career in it, especially with a lot of the entry-level animation jobs going overseas and the intense competition for other jobs (game design has the latter problem too).

Meanwhile, I also did really well in my math and science classes, so I decided to switch to biology. I had a new interest in helping develop new medicines and examine the therapeutic value of existing medicines (including natural products and illegal drugs). In fact, right now I'm in my first year of a PhD program in pharmacology, which overlaps heavily with biology. In fact, I love how interdisciplinary a lot of the sciences can be--my undergraduate biology program also included classes in chemistry and even physics and some advanced math (and statistics).

Looking back, I think I would have also made a good choice going into computer programming, since I tend to do well with anything that follows a logical process (and computer programming is some of the most logic-based stuff that exists in the universe). A part of me does regret going into either music or video game design, as these are fields I really want to go into myself, as I write and compose songs and also have a design for a pretty large-scale video game in mind. Perhaps these are things I will be working on in whatever little free time I have...

I'm going to college in about two months, I plan on majoring in Computer programming ironically haha~
    I love studying codes and making up different odd and end things with coding and yea~ I figured Computer programming would be the best job! I would enjoy it and get a good paying career!

{my sig is a work in progress.} { My Gallery } {banner by XaiakuX eep thank you!}

Pokemon Trainer
    I am in my final year of a BS in Civil Engineering. I honestly had no idea I would end up in this field when I was in high school.