Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What is Your Major?

What are you majoring in school? Have you found your major?

Personally, I'm a science major. Of course, I'm going to be a sophomore in high school this Autumn, so high school doesn't really provide a variety of science courses. ^^; I haven't decided what I'm going to focus on in college, astronomy, biology, cosmology, and geology are all contenders!

|||||||||

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Business all the way. I have my Bachelor's in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing and Information Technology Management, and I have my Master's of Business Administration with Marketing as the concentration. Still looking for a job, but I'm hoping to get something like a Brand Manager position or something along those lines.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I'm only 15, so obviously I'm not in college yet. There's two things I'd be interested in majoring in: music, or something related to computer science.

I've been fooling around with instruments since I was little, but I went to a new private school in 5th grade and started to learn how to play guitar. I'm interested in rock music, so I played acoustic guitars and electric guitars. At some point a bit later, I found out that playing the drums was really fun, so I started playing that as well. Then, in 7th grade, (I think?) the main bassist in the school graduated, so my music teacher was looking for another bassist for the talent show. Since I picked up drums and guitar quickly, he went to me, and I started learning bass guitar. At this point, I stopped playing guitar for the most part. So right now, bass guitar and drums are my main instruments. Recently I've been playing a bit of harmonica, too.

Now for my experience with computer science. In 2nd grade, I found a cool little book at my library on making websites. Not making websites with webs.com or something like that, actual websites. I got it, and I started making a simple and small website on sharks, which I liked at the time. After I made a few web pages, I showed my dad, and he put it on his server so I could actually view it online. I didn't really work on it much after that, but I showed it off at my school in 3rd grade. I didn't do much more computer science related stuff until about... 7th grade? I wanted to learn how to program, and my dad is a computer teacher, so I went to him. He got me a book on the Java programming language, and I started learning it. Ever since, I learned a bit of other programming languages, such as C, but Java is still the main programming language I use.

Whew, that was a long post... for me.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Business all the way. I have my Bachelor's in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing and Information Technology Management, and I have my Master's of Business Administration with Marketing as the concentration. Still looking for a job, but I'm hoping to get something like a Brand Manager position or something along those lines.
    Ya, the worst part about it, sometimes, is that you're overqualified for stuff, too.

I have a BSc in microbiology and MD in medicine. Still looking for work like this guy here. :P
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Currently a Fine Art Major for my Associate's Degree. Once that's done next year, I'll be moving onto Graphic Design and Animation for my Bachelor's. Taking these majors makes me incredibly nervous for the fact that there's always the motif "The starving artist," so I'm a bit nervous about the road ahead of me.

However, I have been accepted for an internship at Disney World in Orlando, Florida for the Fall. So during my time off, I'll have some time to reflect on my majors or maybe find someone that has an "in" at Disney Studios and move from there.

In the end, I'm also getting a minor in Math as a back up (or maybe even switch over to it in general) in case if being an animator doesn't work out for me. If it doesn't, then I'd like to become a math teacher as I've heard that schools are always looking for them in my area and I love teaching others. UvU

Pearl FC- | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790

RN( Registered Nurse) Then on to a specialization either an RN of radioactive medicine or anesthitist. Long road. I screw up my GPA so fixing it's so much fun -_-
    Just remember. Never hug an electric bug when ya go swimming.

Biology, all the way! :D

Haha, whenever I tell someone this, they're always say, "Oh, I'm sorry" like someone died. It's not that bad, though xD I mean, I guess if you don't like the material it's hard, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it ^^ I'm placing my emphasis on plants--I'd like to do research in the future with endangered species :)

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

I like biology but I like helping people and well I don't have the willpower to get to doctor so Nursing it is for meh!
    Just remember. Never hug an electric bug when ya go swimming.

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    Computer Information Technology as well as Computer Programming. I'm prepared to burn my life sitting in front of a computer doing nothing but coding, but making an assload of money doing it. n_n

...Of course I hope my job turns out to be more fun than that, but oh well.

Considering I'm still in school, I currently don't have a major. However, when I do go to college I'd like to major in English, biology and the culinary arts. Though I know it'll take a shitload of work and a lot of commitment, I'm prepared. And hopefully with my degree in biology and English I can become a secondary school teacher.
    will you be my
    h e r o ?