Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sou Cleife View Post
    oh totally! I wonder a bit how you get some of the effects going though and the jagged edges. I thought maybe you were using a brush or just made a shape, selected it and cut it out of a bigger shape but....i dunno lol
    Pretty much. I made a whole tutorial video on how to make banners like that. These kinds of banners became all the rage on Serebii. And they still infract me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Pretty much. I made a whole tutorial video on how to make banners like that. These kinds of banners became all the rage on Serebii. And they still infract me. :P

Is...that your voice in the video? xD
    I...may have thought you were female if so orz
    not that it matters really but whoops LOL ;

"I vow to make them proud...no matter the cost"
    -GCEA Stats- | -Art Gallery- | -URPG Stats-

Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    Dragon is a thing with this team (Dragons with Levitate), as is Fighting technically since Blaziken and Infernape. Your likes do fall in line with the team if you ever wanted to switch, Sou.

Speaking of which you should totally make custom characters for people if you have time. You seem to have a talent with it.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah/Ava by Neo Emolga

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
    Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Senior Administrator

Is...that your voice in the video? xD
    I...may have thought you were female if so orz
    not that it matters really but whoops LOL ;
    Yep, that's my voice! As for thinking I was a girl, I figure that might be because the Emolga pictures I use for my banners and avatars are usually from the female Emolga Iris has, who incidentally uses the move Attract all over the place.

5. This post has been liked by:

@bronislav84~ some of them do yes, but typically I like mostly water and psychic types best :>
    But I understand the option is there :)
    Though I’m pretty sure I’ll stick to Trainer this year for my first WAR. Most people I’m familiar with so far are in trainer, being I’ve only have enough time to get GCEA down (I literally started becoming active like May 1st lol ). I want to try looking into ASB and another one or two of the other forums in the future though.

Ahh, thank you :)
    Unfortunately, while I do use a base to start, it takes me a bit to make them. I would also have to have clear references/information and easy access to that person (if I made it for someone). It’s a bit easier to make for myself since I make all the decisions. It was also easy to make for Zenith because she’s an IRL friend and I could literally work on it as she watched me. I may do so in the future, but for now, I don’t think I could. Not saying I won’t or can’t, as anything’s possible lol

@Neo Emolga~ ahhh, admittedly, I don’t watch the pokemon anime xD
    I stopped watching during the season with May/Max, as I was sad Misty left. That and I was becoming annoyed with Ash lol. But I do see the avatar you use as “cute” so I assumed wrong is all haha

btw, that tutorial was awesome. I cant believe I didnt think about the polygonal lasso for that! or the pen tool. I'm always using the regular lasso and I use the pen tool sometimes when I dont feel like using the brush tool for lineart. I also never use the Luminosity layer effect, so that one caught me offguard haha. Watching that video also reminded me that I could be using the color balance tool. I'm always adjusting color using the hue/saturation tool....so maybe color balance will make my life easy lol

"I vow to make them proud...no matter the cost"
    -GCEA Stats- | -Art Gallery- | -URPG Stats-

I see. Well it's nice we're all being friendly with you though. Can't let being on different teams stop people from being friendly. As for making trainers for others, if you ever start doing that I would be really happy if you did one for me sometime.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Senior Administrator

@Neo Emolga~ ahhh, admittedly, I don’t watch the pokemon anime xD
    I stopped watching during the season with May/Max, as I was sad Misty left. That and I was becoming annoyed with Ash lol. But I do see the avatar you use as “cute” so I assumed wrong is all haha

btw, that tutorial was awesome. I cant believe I didnt think about the polygonal lasso for that! or the pen tool. I'm always using the regular lasso and I use the pen tool sometimes when I dont feel like using the brush tool for lineart. I also never use the Luminosity layer effect, so that one caught me offguard haha. Watching that video also reminded me that I could be using the color balance tool. I'm always adjusting color using the hue/saturation tool....so maybe color balance will make my life easy lol
    To be honest, I don't really watch the Pokémon anime anymore either, and quit about the same time you did. I did look for Emolga pictures, and felt screen capturing from the anime episodes streamed online was a pretty good way to do that. But while watching the episodes were Iris's Emolga makes an appearance, I was totally cracking up at her devious and mischievous antics.

And hey, glad you found the tutorial helpful!

Senior Administrator

@Caite-chan @bronislav84 @Death's Spook @Velocity @EmpireCrusher203 @TheoreticalSelkie @John @GingerDixie

So I've been talking to a few other people on Skype, and I came up with an idea:

I'm proposing a merge with Team Awesome. Right now, we're looking at this:

Team Trainer - 20
    The Prism League - 16
    The Phoenix Battalion - 9
    Team Awesome - 7

Team Magma - 5

Team Trainer and The Prism League both have a big lead up on both of our teams in terms of member count and power. However, if both Phoenix and Awesome were to merge, the gap would be closed in significantly and all of us would stand a much better chance at winning the WAR. Plus, both of our teams have strong common interests in things like graphic art and RP, so there's a strong synergy there and I definitely think we would work well together as a united team. Plus I honestly think this would be a great opportunity for all of us to have a better chance at winning the WAR.

So far, I've talked to Sabi, Bron, and XaiakuX himself, and everyone seems to like the idea.

We haven't worked out the exact details yet, but I would like to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas on this first. I will definitely take everyone's opinions and thoughts into account.

10. This post has been liked by:

Really Mister Scizor is for it? Surprising.

You already know my idea from our talk on Steam but just gonna say it again. Either Awesome merges into us or we all create a new team together.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Really Mister Scizor is for it? Surprising.
    Contrary to popular belief, Mr. Scizor isn't 100% of an jerk. He is capable of being a nice guy. Not as often as he should be.

Team Awesome Phoenix Battalion isn't a hard name to go by. Everyone could keep their banners and userbars. I'm not sure how hard it would be for Sarah to give everyone new ones.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

13. This post has been liked by: