Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Believe me, I've been thinking hard about it since inceptionand ttaking the team ideas into account as they came up. I'm coming up either zero ideas I personally like or think would work for 8 weeks.
    If you're not coming up with any ideas, perhaps it may be a good idea to draft a new Role Play? We certainly have time to do so.

Fortunately Winter and Sabi seem to be on the same page without originally realizing it and their idea seems mostly viable. The only hole I see is there's no people who aren't able to use magic, so why anyone would be anti-magic and wanting to remove it like Equalists I can't figure out.
    If we go with the false dichotomy that you're suggesting, the RP will literally be everyone (including Neo and perhaps myself) vs. Winter. I don't know what Winter's RPing skills are like, but to be in that position and to actually make it fun for everyone, they would need to have a RPing skill equivalent to Neo or me. I'd hate to have to thrust that kind of responsibility and such a challenge onto Winter.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    First of all I worked really hard on this. Second of all every RP would run into the same problem. It's hard to force good guys to hate each other. Seriously man, please don't suggest it be scrapped.

And Sabi has been very supportive in also running this kind of thing. The two just need to talk and post or PM me the conflict section. It's still two people, so they'd need some special liberties.

Please don't ever quote me without waiting at least ten minutes. Your quote is now outdated and I've added more stuff to that post.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah/Ava by Neo Emolga

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
    Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

First of all I worked really hard on this. Second of all every RP would run into the same problem. It's hard to force good guys to hate each other. Seriously man, please don't suggest it be scrapped.

And Sabi has been very supportive in also running this kind of thing. The two just need to talk and post or PM me the conflict section. It's still two people, so they'd need some special liberties.

Please don't ever quote me without waiting at least ten minutes. Your quote is now outdated and I've added more stuff to that post.
    Let's shed our deontological view of the world for a second and assume that no one is evil and everyone believes that they're doing good. All you need to do is create an ideological conflict amongst the "good" aligned teams that warfare becomes the only effective recourse.

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Okay now before we all get a bit heated, this was my proposed summary of a possible conflict, leaning on a bit of a mystery theme:

'All of the world's leaders have been mysteriously killed off. The assailant, or assailants behind it, have claimed no name to their doings. What they have claimed, is the ability to take someone's magic abilities away. They did not say how, they did not say if it was permanent, but it was enough to cause an upset. They explained that magic dependency would be changed forever. Factions from all over took to the world to stop the paradise they all knew from crumbling into chaos. No one knew who was responsible for the attacks, or where they were now. It would only be a matter of time before justice or chaos was brought to the world.'
    Let's be honest, all it takes is a few finger points and hasty remarks to try and find out who's responsible in-story and we have ourselves some good ol' fashioned headbutting and more. Ironically this was sent to Bron via PM before WinterVines posted her idea.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
    Okay now before we all get a bit heated, this was my proposed summary of a possible conflict, leaning on a bit of a mystery theme:
    I'm not trying to escalate here--I'm just trying to get Bron to look at the problem differently.

Okay rusty, say we do that. How?

Civil War? Start all the teams hating each other that it's the equivalent of Shoot on Sight?

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Okay, say we do that. How?

Civil War? Start all the teams hating each other that it's the equivalent of Shoot on Sight?
    This is your RP and we made you Judge. I made the parameters and built a framework for you. Try adding some meat to the bones with something that would work within this universe and let's see if everyone likes it. :)

Dude I've been thinking extremely hard. I'm asking the community for help. Is that really so wrong?

I'm for the Sabi/Winter idea, but need to explain why anyone would hate magic so strongly to want to remove it after millions of years. Everyone has the potential.

And need a person to run the faction.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Dude I've been thinking extremely hard. I'm asking the community for help. Is that really so wrong?

I'm for the Sabi/Winter idea, but need to explain why anyone would hate magic so strongly to want to remove it after millions of years. Everyone has the potential.

And need a person to run the faction.
    The problem that arises is that you're asking for help, but then shooting down the ideas given to you, or you're still stumped after finding an idea you might be able to work with. Now, I'm not participating in WAR, nor have I ever understood how WAR RPs work, but several things came to mind in reference to Sabi/Wintervines' suggestion, feel free to do what you will with them.

Plenty of people find reasons to hate on things that have always been in their lives. You say everyone has the potential to use magic, but does everyone have equal potential? If so, is everyone equally good at using the potential they have? In most cases, I'd imagine not. There's got to be some way to make power unstable here. Does everyone have the same potential? What about magic that isn't Pokemon related? Is there potential for a power struggle there? How common are magic-related accidents? Accidental (or intentional) death due to magic would be enough to build resentment. A scientist's (or whatever the equivalent is here) "what if" project could go horribly wrong and end up in the wrong hands--what about gangs? Are there potential for those? Combined with the scientist thing, that's got some potential, too.

Forgive my ignorance here, but why must there absolutely be a faction dedicated to the antagonistic force? Or does there need to be one? It doesn't seem like there should have to be.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

I haven't shot down anything just yet, except the resource battle cause we know that's not gonna work. The ideas given that I do like I'm just unable to fully grasp and write out myself is all.

Everyone has equal potential, if they practice and work work for it. Sure there's naturals, but everyone can and does have equal max potential. It's like any skill really. Practice and you become a master, don't and you suck at it. Magic that isn't Pokemon related exists if that's what you're asking. That's up to people to create for the most part, and I'm not going to limit out certain magics, unless they're known to be OPed. Instant death spells and auto hitting spells come to mind. Not sure what you mean by power struggle. Two or more strong people fighting is kinda what War is about. It's highly likely that there's deaths in every new magic creation that's dangerous, but the vast majority of spells are so old they're really hard to mess up. Like I said there's still research projects for improving existing enchantments/charms and creating completely new magic, but that's up to players for the most part. Still though, most magic is really old and has been around for eons. There's gangs. Crime isn't completely nonexistent, and people can abuse their power, becoming criminals.

There doesn't REALLY need to be an antagonistic, but it would be easier to "put a face" on it. Easier than saying you're just fighting. It creates a concrete goal of defeating this group. Sabi and the other Winter seem to be able to do this, while I had counted on an evil team being the one to do it.

I have updated my document and the first post with the paragraph Sabi posted, if that's what we're going with for conflict, as well as rules previously agreed upon. Also using the same form as last year that rusty used. It just needs formatting now, and maybe a couple more rules.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-16-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa