Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    Alright yeah, that works for me, just wasn't too sure on some particulars of the race. Anyhow, I'm going to be purposely handicapping myself in terms of magic (though it's still mighty versatile, just an extra hoop to jump through), which I'll explain in the backstory when I get to it. If I run into any weird hitches, I'll probably VM you.

Also, I think you might have missed a question about the Neko by Frost Dragon above my post. Not sure if you saw it or not.

Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    I did miss that. Sorry Frost. Was out all day and went straight to the notification when I saw it on my phone. Actually I would prefer we discuss questions here for the benefit of people who might have similar questions.

Neko are basically humans with ears on their heads instead and tails. Typical anime cat people, but I'm adding the light fur coat to avoid the stereotype even a bit. They have a light fur coat all over their body, but it's not fur like animals IRL. Angels are still the closest to humans IRL.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah/Ava by Neo Emolga

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
    Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

"I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I did miss that. Sorry Frost. Was out all day and went straight to the notification when I saw it on my phone. Actually I would prefer we discuss questions here for the benefit of people who might have similar questions.

Neko are basically humans with ears on their heads instead and tails. Typical anime cat people, but I'm adding the light fur coat to avoid the stereotype even a bit. They have a light fur coat all over their body, but it's not fur like animals IRL. Angels are still the closest to humans IRL.
    Understood. That's very helpful, actually, thanks!
    "You kids have a nice day."

4. This post has been liked by:

Oh yea, they also have extendable 3 inch claws on their hands and feet like cats IRL though this is longer. Or is this obvious? Some but not all (At about half the population) have a Were form activated at high levels of stress or adrenaline. Would be redundant for my character, but if it would help other people's characters, have at it guys. We can also give a similar transformation to Chua.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Name: Lord James Kynaston II
    Species: Angel with no wings
    Team: Trainer
    Description:

Lord Kynaston is a tall, gaunt figure with only the slightest hints of his age showing on his face. Trusses of golden locks flow down from his head and rest on his shoulders. His face, which could be described as "conventionally attractive" is locked in an almost permanent half-smile, leading to those around Kynaston assuming that he knows much more than he actually does. The nobleman's frame could still be described as muscular if the viewer were to squint. Truth be told, Kynaston stopped caring about his strength years ago. What's left of his physique is merely the result of Kynaston's fierce campaign against ill-health. Lucky for Kynaston, he never had a taste for liquor, and as such, still maintains a flat stomach.

The nobleman is typically clad in a high-powered business suit. As what has essentially become leading the free world, Kynaston puts great effort into looking sharp no matter where he goes. From a perfectly cut shirt and jacket, to proper length pan tlegs, to custom designed cufflinks, he has everything necessary to be taken seriously amongst the high-class. In his ever decreasing free time, he likes to lounge around in whatever's comfortable. Ever since he had to start wearing suits every day of his life, Kynaston decided that whenever the suit was optional, he would dress as comfortably as possible.

Kynaston carries no weapons, that's what his security team is for.

Personality:

Lord James Kynaston is ultimately a pragmatist and an idealist. He truly believes in creating a better world for everyone, no matter how long that will take nor how hard that will be. He prizes incremental successes over zero-sum games, and is always capable of finding the progress in a bad break. For Kynaston, no goal worth attaining is beyond reason and is always looking dialogue with those in his way--instead viewing them as "future partners." Because of this viewpoint, to Kynaston, no one is an enemy--just less friendly. He is very difficult to anger, much less get a rise out of. While helpful, his even-keeled emotional state generally prevents Kynaston from joking around as much as he would like. On top of it all, the nobleman is incredibly well-read and devotes most of his free-time to a novel. His family affectionately refers to him as "a book with legs."

Background:

Lord James II of House Kynaston was born the only son of his parents, James I and Serras, Lord and Lady Kynaston respectively. Born with only a minor birth defect--no wings--Kynaston experienced a normal childhood for a nobleman. Kynaston grew up in Castle Pax, the seat of the Kynastons' power. The Kynastons were an ancient royal family that had little remaining power other their immense wealth and surrounding land. Like most noblemen, Kynaston's life revolved around a flurry of private tutors, structured play time with children of similar classes, and entertaining the high-powered elites of the world. The young Kynaston loathed conflict amongst both his peers and his parents' associates. After feeling powerless to stop it for most of his youth, Kynaston had had enough and requested that his father hire him a rhetoric tutor. His new mentor, Cicero Cicerone, taught Kynaston everything he needed to know about rhetoric, speech, conflict resolution, and negotiation. Through these lessons, Kynaston realized that there was no conflict in the world too big to be solved with words. The invention of language meant that violence never had to be used again!

James I Kynaston passed not long after the young lord's 24th birthday, leading to his ascension to the lordship. Now Lord Kynaston, the nobleman became incredibly involved in Team Trainer, an international peacekeeping force that had been started by a Lord Kynaston several generations ago. The group was quick to promote Kynaston to their Wise Council. Within the Council, Kynaston proved himself as a skilled orator and leader, single-handedly solving many of the disputes on the legislative floor. Come the next election cycle, Lord Kynaston was elected Consul of Team Trainer at Age 28. Since then, Kynaston has served three successive terms and is now in the middle of his fourth. As Consul, Kynaston spearheaded a humanitarian movement by Team Trainer to develop poorer areas of the world and end poverty. Team Trainer Knights were sent out all across the lands to help organize communities and properly distribute funds from the Trainer Foundation to have the greatest effect.

Kynaston was surprised to have been woken up in the middle of the night one night to be told that all 62 World Leaders had been killed in a single night and that the entire world's leadership now fell on his and Team Trainer's shoulders. Kynaston called an emergency meeting of the Wise Council to determine Team Trainer's next best course of action. After six hours of intense deliberation, the Wise Council has empowered Kynaston to enforce the following agenda:

• Maintain world peace
    • Begin restoring a legitimate and democratic world government as soon as possible
    • Prevent the attacks from proliferating further bigotry against the Mechari people

Through the dialogues to come, Kynaston had no doubt that he would be successful in his mission.

Pokémon: None.
    Other: N/A
    Last edited by Lord Celebi; 05-22-2015 at 05:18 AM.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

7. This post has been liked by:

So yea, I'll give this a go! Since this is the first time I've ever done something like this, just let me know if I'm doing something wrong or whatnot :D

Name: Erik Aegean

Species: Merfolk

Team: Team Trainer

Description: Erik stands (while on land) around a tall 6'1" with thick, black hair that curls in mesh more on top and shorter on the sides and back around his slightly pointed ears. His eyes, piercing with bright azure, are almost squinted by his high cheeks bones giving a more long face extenuated by a sharp nose. His preference of land clothes are a simple, white dress shirt known to him as a "beach shirt" (never tucking it in, nor buttoning the collar and cuffs), and weathered khaki-styled, cargo shorts held up by a white, clothed belt. He is usually always barefoot on land and sports two gold armbands, one on each bicep. His very toned torso is at normal length; all his height comes from his equally toned legs. When in the water his legs fuse together to make an alluring sea green, scaled tail, the end of which flourishes with a sky blue fin. His gills frill open underwater where on top remain his normal, fair white skin, but underneath shows a greenish turquoise of scales. He prefers to be shirtless underwater, but for more formal events he has a navy blue silk jacket with golden buttons and cufflinks with his family's crest embedded on them and a choking collar instead of a normal one (as a normal one would flail about underwater).

Personality: Erik has a calm demeanor; seemingly always studying people, Pokemon, and his surroundings with a hint of dangerous intellect. He is gentle and kind, especially towards Pokemon, but more untrusting of humans and their various species. A quiet nature, accompanied by dry humor, an upfront no secrets kind of attitude, and an affinity for nature and Pokemon have made Erik a bit self-ostracized; however he greatly enjoys the company of a few friends and once in a while, seeks the thrill of venturing to one of the major cities on land for a day or two. As a merman he adores the ocean, but does not like the feeling of being tied to it. He prefers to find solitude in hidden bogs, or small oasis on land; still near water, but enjoys having legs. Erik has a great fascination with nature and ancient magic; however, he tends to not do so well with newer Magitek, most likely due to because he doesn't understand it as well as others do, which annoys him slightly, being intuitive and smart, and therefore tends to have less interest in it and more into the ancient ways.

Background:
    Erik Aegean comes from the Aegean clan from Couronne, an underwater city, which is nestled off shore of Ambrette Town in the Kalos region. As a child, Erik was intuitive and gentle yet with a snarky bite in his attitude as he was the youngest of four. His oldest sibling is his sister, Lana; very tall, always responsible and carries herself stoically, looking down on people from her sharp nose. Then the two twin brothers, Seamus and Sean, identical in every way. They're a lively two, always in trouble, always pulling shenanigans; they are usually the heart and soul of the family.

Their childhood was a simple one. Growing up in a nicer than average house due to their royal ties; life was dandy. Their parents, Charles and Victoire Aegean, ran the police of the city and the medicinal stores respectively. Victoire's family, the house of Coronith, reside in the waters between Pacifidlog Town and Sootopolis City. Both retired after the Red Tide Incident: a red tide was coming toward Couronne City and with the aid of some Mer-Magi, Charles and Victoire were able to halt the tide at bay via powerful magic.

A couple years after the incident on a lazy afternoon under the waters, Charles and Victoire had gone missing. Their children had not seen them for a few days and a search party was warranted. They searched the waters nearby, as well as contacted Victoire's family in Hoenn, but none had heard nor seen them. Finally they searched the land nearby. Charles and Victoire had been found, bound to a couple trees a far distance inland; they had been left out in the sun to dry out to death.

The morbid and barbaric murder was a horrible shock to the Aegean children, however, at the funeral Erik got the impression from many high status families that their sudden and gruesome murder was not all that surprising. His siblings disagree with him a bit, but Erik has lost a sense of trust in people, especially people from high status families ever since.

His sister, the most responsible of the bunch, had taken over many of the families duties: estate issues, business problems, keeping kind with other high status families of the area and beyond. His brothers had gone to school for business and finances, but socialized at events when they felt like it. Erik, with a new distaste for socialites and the like, left school to find his way. He attends some parties, but rarely speaks at them and always hates them.
    He has found solitude by escaping the cities by finding hidden, cliffside grottoes near Ambrette Town where the streams of water lazily snake their way down to find the ocean. There he enjoys the company of his Pokemon: his Starmie, Calypso, that has been by his side since he was a small boy and it a Staryu; Artemis the Gogoat, a beautiful grass goat Pokemon he had befriended long ago as a Skiddo climbing the cliffside; Carthage the Pyroar, a majestic fire type Pokemon Erik caught while it perused the streams by the town; Xolotl the Heliolisk he found as a Helioptile, joyful and energetic, it reminded him so much of his brothers; Khan, the fearsome Pangoro that Erik had found wounded one day after an intense battle by a grotto, he, along with Artemis and her healing milk, aided the panda Pokemon and later added him to their team; and Sentinel, the Golurk Erik had found by one of the recent grottoes as a sleeping clay giant, it had awaken by the touch of Erik, and since then was willing to guard Erik from danger.

Soon after finding Sentinel the Night of Bloodfall had occurred. Erik found out from hearing it in the city and swam home to find news on his family, namely, his sister. She had been fine, along with their uncle Krakenus Aegean, head of the Aegean family and their aunt Lorelei Coronith, head of the Coronith family in Hoenn. However, both Krakenus and Lorelei, along with their immediate families, had fled their cities and had gone into hiding. It was a very controversial move; some deemed it smart while others cowardly. Erik's sister, Lana, accompanied with a few of their cousins that had remained, were left with the responsibility of keeping their clans afloat.

Lana had taken these new responsibilities upon herself without regarding her brothers; Erik felt this was most likely because she knew they would be little help. He felt bad for her, but secretly was glad she was there to take them as he preferred to not worry himself with such annoyances.

Erik's rather content spending his days exploring the sea side shores and hidden oasis, be in the company of his Pokemon, and fiddle with magic he wishes to be better at. However, his magical skills inherited from his parents and enhanced by his mother and his sense of justice enforced by his father, give him the drive to act and do something for the betterment of his family and everyone effected by the Night of Bloodfall.

His family have been involved with Team Trainer in the past and his parents, along with his uncle Krakenus and aunt Lorelei, had been known members. None of the Aegean kin had joined the team, as usually one did so when head of their families and married, but Erik thought differently and went ahead and titled himself a member. He had hoped this would give him some sense of direction, or provide good will for his family and city, but so far none has changed.

Pokémon:
    Calypso (Starmie, Genderless, Natural Cure, Calm);
    Artemis (Gogoat, Female, Sap Sipper, Relaxed);
    Carthage (Pyroar, Male, Rivalry, Relaxed);
    Sentinel (Golurk, Genderless, Iron First, Brave);
    Xolotl (Heliolisk, Male, Dry Skin, Jolly);
    Khan (Pangoro, Male, Iron Fist, Bold)

Other:
    - Erik works well with a spear or trident, but prefers, if close combat, to use daggers or pressure point martial arts. Being a merman and living in the ocean, his fighting style is very fluid and flexible.
    - As for magic, he specializes with water manipulation and poison.
    - He likes trying to play with the weather and electric magic, as well as plant manipulation, but struggles with them slightly.
    - He's exceptionally well at tipping his daggers and spears with poison magic.
    - He tends to stray from fire magic and is always extra cautious with electric magic when around water, which is most of the time.

URPG Stats
    Cerulean Gym Leader

The lord of cookies :D purple umbreon's Avatar
    Name: Lucy Tonitrui

Species: Angel

Team: Team Awesome

Description: Lucy has long, white hair and azure eyes. She usually doesn't tie it up and she usually has something that looks like feathers in her hair behind each ear. (Like this http://s1.zerochan.net/Odin.Sphere.600.677629.jpg)
    Lucy is 160 cm tall and pretty light. She is pretty skinny and looks pretty fragile. She is also well rounded. She is wearing a black top with a short blue skirt. Under the skirt she also wears shorts. (You can guess why) She is also wearing black boots reaching her knees. She has large birdlike wings which are, unlike most angels, white with black tips. Lucy doesn't wear any jewelry, except for a small necklace she got from her father for her birthday. The necklace is pretty simple with the chain and a small crystal in the form of a teardrop.

Personality: Lucy is usually pretty distant and doesn’t easily trust people but she can be really kind when you get to know her. She is also pretty unsure about her abilities but she wouldn’t hesitate to protect the people she cares for. Lucy has a deep love for pokemon and nature and she loves rain. Lucy doesn’t want people to find out who she really is and refuses to talk about her past, altough she herself is really curious. Lucy also is normally very calm and dislikes fighting. She rather avoids fights if possible. It is difficult to make her angry but she can be pretty emotional and is sometimes easy to bring to tears.

Background: Her real name is Gwendolyn Strauss. She is the daughter of Cornelius Strauss, one of the world leaders who got assassinated during the Night of the Bloodfall. Because of that night, her life changed drastically. Before that happened, she was raised as a lady and she had everything she wanted. Everything, except friends. Her father was never home and she always felt so lonely. Not only that, she had to study a lot. Her mother was really strict on that. If she didn't do well she did get punished in one way or the other. It put Lucy under a lot of pressure. She never really had any fun in her life. The only people around her were the staff.

One day her father introduced her to a boy. His name was Julius. They seemed to get along pretty well but what Lucy didn’t know was that her father had arranged a marriage with him. Lucy was shocked when she found out and got in a huge fight with her father. The last words she told him was that he can drop dead before she ran off to her room. The same night her father got killed. Lucy was devastated. Not only that, she also regretted how she acted to him. The marriage got canceled and Julian left to go back to his home. Her mother was heartbroken when she heard the news of her husband's dead. She seemed to have lost the will to live and Lucy could hear her crying in her room everyday. Lucy never was on great terms with her mother but seeing her like this broke her heart. Because of that she decided to find the people who killed her father so something like that wouldn't happen again.

Replacing her fancy clothes with casual clothes made it a lot easier for her to blend in with the regular people. Not only that, but for the first time in her life, Lucy actually felt free. It was also then she realized how unhappy she actually was in the mansion. There aren't many people who know of her background and she always tried to keep it that way. Lucy once got attacked by someone who knew who she was. Luckily she managed to get away. Lucy knows well enough that people are after her and after the families of the other past leaders. Lucy could endanger the people around her because of that. That is why she doesn't trust people and always acts so distant. Not because she is mean, but to protect them. She traveled around from place to place in search for information. She never made any real friends and never stayed in a place for long. There were a few people she got along with. To get around she had to do some jobs. There were a few shady ones but for most she used her magical powers or her ability to fly. Even after all this time, she still didn't find much information on what happened but she is not planning to give up. She keeps trying, even when nobody else does.

Pokémon:
    - Dawn the espeon (F)
    - Inferno the Charizard (M)
    - Eclips the Absol (M) (Can mega evolve)
    - Spore the Breloom (M)
    - Serena the Lapras (F)
    - Cloud the Altaria (F)

Other:
    - Because she spent most of her time studying, she knows a wide variety of spells. Lucy normally uses wind and electric spells. The stronger spells usually take longer to cast.
    - Since Lucy pretty much dislikes fighring, she rather stands at the sidelines supporting others. She can use spells that temporarely raise other people their abilities and she knows a lot of healing spells. She can also create shields to block weak attacks.
    - Lucy is physically pretty weak but she is pretty agile. She also has pretty good reflexes but when healing she only thinks about the injured person. That is when she is most vulnerable.

I will forever love the person who recognizes the people in the picture.

Also, I am Belgian, I no use feet. I can change it tough. I hope this is good enough. Character creation has always been one of those difficult things for me
    Last edited by purple umbreon; 05-21-2015 at 08:45 PM.

10. This post has been liked by:

I know people aren't completely done, but I'd like to see more history from purple and Ace. purple in addition I can't get an accurate idea of what your character looks like (description should be able to stand without a pic) even though angels are very human-like.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

The lord of cookies :D purple umbreon's Avatar
    As I said, I'm not good at all that. Character discription least of all. Even if I tried, I couldn't do that one well. I will see what I can do tough.
    I already changed a bit but I have to bow my head over how to describe my char.
    Last edited by purple umbreon; 05-19-2015 at 01:04 PM.

It's fine, it's fine. I don't wanna turn you away on the description, but please she needs more history. If possible, maybe a bit more personality but only if you can. Bare minimum is 2 paragraphs for history.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa