Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I thought of an idea with the whole competitive teams versus casual teams. It's extremely simple.

Competitive teams will have a member cap.

Casual teams have no member cap and could have a million members if they want, but they do not play for points.

And bingo, I couldn't help thinking of how easy this would be to implement. People on casual teams can take part in any section and their submissions and performance would be judged totally as normal, but when it comes to scoring, they're simply passed over. This allows newbies to get a feel for the WAR without pressure, and if a team would rather just take it casually and not care about winning or losing, the option's there.

2. This post has been liked by:

Sounds like a great idea Neo, does anyone else agree?
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

I actually am in favor of this idea, too. Now to just see how many people oppose of it...which may go to show how casual some "casual" players really are.

One thing that's bugged me about this recent debate is that a quite a few people don't like the fact that others are focusing more on the competitive aspect than the fun aspect, suggesting changes to WAR based on this need to compete.

We had a split between two parties: casual players and competitive players. I think that if we ever focus on making changes, we need to find a way to cater to both parties in some way. This suggestion of Neo's may need a little polishing, but it definitely fits the needs of both types of players.

Thing is, without competition, there's really no motivation. It's possible to BOTH have fun AND be competitive.

Another thing that's kinda bugged me is how someone will make a good suggestion--and if you work with it some, it could change into something better--but a lot of ideas tended to be dismissed if there were really any problems with them whatsoever. Which isn't good; ANY method you try is going to have problems that you just CAN'T work around. You have to make sacrifices.

But yeah, I know that everything has been settled for the most part, but those are just some...grievances of mine.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Glad you agree. Yeah sometimes people need to be able to make a comprise. Cant please everyone, but you can please most of what the majority of the people want :).
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

I dono why people have to complicate things especially after we've done this for so many years and never really had any problems...that I know of.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

7. This post has been liked by:

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    This is just a personal opinion, but I've thought about it a bit and I don't think a casual/competitive split would really work.

There are players who may be really casual and be okay with being on a fully casual team, and that's fine. There's also the players that get really competitive and be okay with being on a fully competitive team. Again, that's fine. Nothing wrong with being super casual or super competitive.

I'll use myself as an example since I don't really know who else to use. I'm a pretty casual person when it comes to competitions, contrary to what it may have seemed throughout these discussions. I don't care about winning, I just care about having fun. However, I also have a bit of a competitive streak in me. I like the thrill of competition sometimes, and so I put my best effort in and have at it and hope for the best. I get a little competitive sometimes, despite being casual, but I'm not super competitive. I wouldn't be happy on a casual team because there would be no reward for my efforts other than comments on my work, and I wouldn't be happy on a competitive team because I'm just not that competitive. There might be others like me that wouldn't be happy on just a casual team or just a competitive team, so what do we do with those of us that are like that?

I'm not against the idea as a whole because it sounds like it could work, it's just that there might be others like me who wouldn't be happy on a fully casual team or a fully competitive team, and I feel like I should mention that before I forget/before you guys seriously start planning for next year's WAR.